Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Direct Travel Insurance - change to provision of winter sports trip cover

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had my renewal through from Direct Travel for the annual travel insurance including winter sports cover. We have used Direct travel for the past few seasons. It has always seemed pretty well regarded by Snowheads both for the off piste cover and for the number of days per trip it covered. Last year we had the premier option which covered us for 45 days per trip.

This year, included with the renewal letter was a print out of 'What's Changed' and under the Winter Sports Cover:

"Cover for winter sports activities are no longer covered as standard under any of our annual policies. Should you need cover for winter sports, you will need to choose from one of our specific winter sports annual policies. This will then entitle you to cover for up to a maximum of 17 days of winter sports in total within your policy period."

This seems a huge change from the previous 45 days per trip to 17 days in total within the policy period. I have tried to have a conversation with Direct Travel today but was told that they couldn't comment other than to confirm that there has been a change and that the new terms are as stated.

I now need to use the search button to find other annual policies recommended by snowheads but if anyone feels inclined to throw a few names out there to me it would be much appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loatie, yes, that came up on snowheads some weeks ago - the old system was almost too good to be true and clearly underwriters have stepped in.

How many days do you need? We have a policy with American Express - their top annual policy provides for unlimited winter sports and you can extend trip lengths up to 60 days. If you do shorter trips, Snowcard is worth a look. We had their policies for years and on two occasions when we had to claim (once for an injury, once when the roof blew off our house in Emsworth) we were impressed with the service. We only switched because they were rigid on the 30 day trip maximum.

We usually have Carte Neige too. Probably belt and braces, but.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Thanks Pam - will have a look at your suggestions. Hadn't realised the topic had been covered a few weeks ago so I'll also have a look at that. My focus has been on the cricket during the summer so I've missed a few threads! Nice to see the snow arriving in the Savoie
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy