Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland: Verbier snow report 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Wow, got a big smile on my face looking at those pictures. I'm coming out on the 7th Jan.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone know if the link over from Nendaz is open this season? Was closed last season and it was a PITA but hopefully ok now?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks open on the Tele Nendaz website.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So much for Verbier being a ghost town. Televerbier say yesterday was their busiest day ever with 18,768 skiers on the mountain taking 130,000 rides on the lifts! There were very few queues actually. We bailed on a Mt Fort as it looked like a two bin wait, but other than that no real issues. The col de gentianes was a lovely substitute.

5 degrees at 2,000M though. Got my first spring snow of the season on the Savolyeres south face yesterday lunchtime!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve Sparks wrote:
So much for Verbier being a ghost town. Televerbier say yesterday was their busiest day ever with 18,768 skiers on the mountain taking 130,000 rides on the lifts!

Oh well. I suppose that new super-fast 6 seater chairlift Televerbier has been bragging about all summer actually works! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well the record only lasted 24 hours. 22,088 lift tickets sold yesterday.

Can't see that happening today. Snowing down to Le Chãble this morning. The first of what looks likley to be 7 days of snowfall.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had fabulous tour up from Siviez to Pralong - saw one other person on the way up - and he was skiing back down to Siviez. More people coming up from Pralong - but sky cleared and snow still amazing.... Glad lots of people bugged out!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
10-20 cm fell today but all lifts shut at about 11.30 due to wind....really very windy.

A friend has his skis blown right out of the bubble lift buckets at he approached Ruinettes!
Luckily they didn't hit anyone and he saw where they fell and was able to walk down and get them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lifts round Thyon open but Veysonnaz and Piste de l'ours bubbles shut. Great skiing through trees. Looking out of the chalet this morning about 20cm has fallen overnight and it is snowing moderately hard. Temperature -0.5 at 1450 ....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Etherolla only lift shut in Thyon at least 30cm in my garden at 1650 snowploughs busy. I guess the links will be shut tomorrows well at this rate.... Sad
New love of my life is my wife's discovery with winter tyres Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wet, claggy, snow falling.
Avalanche rish high.
Links and many lifts shut.

TBH...pretty grotty day which is a shame.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awful in Bruson today...

Some more here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84167&highlight=
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
11 sleeps to go - can't wait. Cracking picks BobinCH, and on t'other thread too Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Etherolla still closed today but other than that conditions were excellent. The sun came out in the early afternoon the snow was lovely. I'll try and take some photo's tomorrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Etherolla still closed today but other than that conditions were excellent. The sun came out in the early afternoon the snow was lovely. I'll try and take some photo's tomorrow.
snow conditions
Maybe in 6-7 days I'll be there. The amount of snow seems really impressive.
latest report
Already 320cm at Col des Gentianes and another big dump forecast down to the valley this week. Not too shabby!
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
Already 320cm at Col des Gentianes and another big dump forecast down to the valley this week. Not too shabby!

Some locals are saying the multiday snowfall around Christmas was perhaps the biggest in living memory.
snow report
Snowing since lunchtime today. I skied this morning but gave up after lunch as looking after a load of kids in white-out conditions was no fun. I'd say we've had about 4" this afternoon in Thyon.
snow report
Flippin lovely conditions all over the mountains.
Everything was open today.
Tortin was tracked out but lovely chalky snow.
Col de Mouches had plenty of fresh lines still available at lunchtime.
Gentiennes was just as nice, traverse well to the right and it was a bit chopped up, but by no means tracked out.
On piste was as good as it gets.

Lovely (but busy)
latest report
Second that Rungsp. V busy but snow excellent down to about 1800. I'm stewarding my younger family but my eldest is out with his 2 mates - all 16. They have a go pro and some of the footage in the evenings is terrifying.
The local people are saying they're amazed how busy it is but apparently virtually every apartment in Nenday is available next week.
snow report
Expecting to get snowed in this afternoon here in Les Collons. My kids went to ski school but most of the groups for younger kids ended up in the cafe by midmorning as the winds were so high. A word of warning - I've used my Land Rover in heavy snow many times before and only bought chains to comply legally. I never thought I'd need them so much, they've hardly been off the car!

This is at Thyon 2000 carpark this morning.
snow report
Huba huba. Very Happy

Eight sleeps snowHead
snow report
Epic day....so much snow!
Slopes were almost deserted and only the lower stuff was open in reality.
You could get up to Olympic but when we tried the vis' was near zero.

HOWEVER....below Ruinnetes the vis was fine, the wind of no consequence....but the snow!

On pitse, off piste, side piste, tress.....it was all a tale of creamy soft goodness.

Hammering down at the moment, a bit more expected tomorrow and after that blue skies!
ski holidays
35chf Verbier passes here if you're quick http://www.buyclub.ch/geneva
snow conditions
Shame it doesnt seem to include 4 valley pass?
snow conditions
Can anyone provide an accurate update on conditions and what is open in Verbier for tomorrow? Avalanche is through the roof again, I'm expecting much to be closed.
ski holidays
Any updates on roads etc? Driving over from vanoise tomorrow, via lakeside I think... how much chaos is there in Verbier town on the roads?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhotoTim, At the moment nothing open above the nursery slopes. They may open from Ruinettes down later today. From the experience of the last week I think you would be very lucky if they opened Attelas and it would be unlikely for Chassoure and Getnianes to open. Mt Gele, Mt Fort and Vallon D'Arby will be the last to open. Assuming the fallen tree situation is stable, Bruson tends to open soonest.

offpisteskiing, Leave your car in Le Chable and take the lift up from there.
latest report
Bruson is showing open on the Televerbier site (including La Pasay chair) while Verbier showing as per Steve Sparks report (hence I hope the TV site it is accurate). With snow low down Bruson should be good - I hope to be there.
snow report
Steve Sparks, I am seriously considering that...
snow report
BobinCH, Cheers for that link.

Subject to it being Pukka you've just bought my group a bottle of Vodka in one of Verbiers overpriced drinking establishments. wink

Cheers
snow report
Gust of 176 Km/h recorded at Les Attelas yesterday. Will there be any snow left up there?
ski holidays
Mega, just mega day in Bruson today.
It was the busiest I have ever seen it though.....sometimes you had to wait as long as 5 minutes in a queue! Those that know the normal "crowds" at Bruson will know that usually it is more or less deserted.

Snow in the trees...deeeep
Pistes were un-bashed, but totally tracked out by end of day.

Ski down to Bruson village and Le Chable was bumpy and icy, so it that is not your thing then download on the chair.

Snowed continuously for the last 36 hours at least.....have no fear there will be plenty there.

The snowploughs have been at it all day, I would be 99% sure that the roads up to Verbier will be perfectly fine as long as you have winter tyres.
snow conditions
PhotoTim, sounds like the snow Gods went a bit OTT with your Birthday snow dance. Massive envy for you lot skiing this weekend Going green
snow report
rungsp, Are the trees completely tracked or still some space left for it to be worth it tomorrow?
ski holidays
BobinCH loads left....you will be fine.
Almost everybody went into the fringe trees underneath the top chair.
Hardly anybody went left as you come off the top chair (passing the restaurant to your left).
Start briefly on that piste as it winds back down to that chair and the trees to skiers right were hardly touched at all.
I thought they were the most inviting of all, widely spaced, lovely snow and almost unskied.
snow conditions
Dirty Gibson wrote:
Expecting to get snowed in this afternoon here in Les Collons. My kids went to ski school but most of the groups for younger kids ended up in the cafe by midmorning as the winds were so high. A word of warning - I've used my Land Rover in heavy snow many times before and only bought chains to comply legally. I never thought I'd need them so much, they've hardly been off the car!

This is at Thyon 2000 carpark this morning.

Hey Dirty I saw you at the car park about 2pm today.
I was impressed by your advanced level snow chains.

Finally back on Nendaz having been snowed in at Les Masses for 48 hours.

Hired my young lad some Atomics that were 123 underfoot. He had a fantastic day.

Light was a bit flat for my taste.

Anyhow I like Thyon.
snow report
Still snowing!

Bruson and Savolyeres were 100% open.
Verbier itself open up to Attelas level.

Snow lovely, visibility in the afternoon was pretty dodgy.
snow conditions
Wind has blown hard so you need to pick your spots. La Tzoumaz trees and Vallon d'Arbi fabulous today. Valon d'Arbi bowl and steep forest were deep creamy pow. Forgot to put battery in camera so no pics Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy