Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the most affordable way to get from Geneva airport to Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and i are traveling. We don't need to go by Taxi or private car. A bus or train works for us or some other cheap way
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably these guys http://www.bensbus.co.uk/

I haven't used them yet, first time will be next season, but I'm sure you'll find a few posts about them
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
emailjake7, welcome to snowheads. snowHead There is no "cheap" way to do it - generally transfers will cost around the same as a cheap flight, or even more - even on a bus. There's no very sensible train alternative. I haven't done that journey by the normal ski bus (you pre-book) for some time but I would imagine it would cost around £60 return - maybe more. Bensbus might be a better bet.

For four people hiring a car is often the cheapest though a car can be a pain in a ski resort and if it's snowy it's nice to have someone else faffing with snow chains (or more likely not having to bother, because they are experts at driving in snow and have the right tyres).

When are you travelling? If it's a busy time you might be able to hook up with another couple for a private taxi return.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmmm!

Geneva is not a good airport for access to the tarrentaise. If I fly to Geneva I always end up hiring a car, but the natives web sites gives some links for transfers. http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/transfers.htm

If you have not booked your airline tickets yet then it may be better to fly to Paris and get the train from there, or alternatively look at Chamberey or Lyon, both of which have more busses and the potential for a train connection. The train is the cheaper option, but all options are expensive.

John
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi emailjake7,

Welcome to snowheads!

Take a look at http://www.alpski-bus.com/index-en.aspx?cp=EN who offer direct shared bus transfers from Geneva airport to Meribel. You can book them online - click the UK flag.

Have a great holiday!
Heather
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally I would agree with previous poster that hiring a car is best for that kind of distance, cost-wise. All cars at GVA (Swiss side) now come with snow tyres and snow chains as standard and then if you want to try skiing in one of the other resorts nearby (just in case you find the 3 Valleys a bit limited wink ) you can just get in the car and drive to Bourg-St-Maurice or Tignes. Thing to check though is cost of car parking in resort as this can add €50 to the bill for a week.

Do tell us how you get on, you have just joined a great forum.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hitchhike.

You're welcome.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy