Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES SNOW REPORT 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing hard outside the window right now! Great to see some whiteness at last.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im sitting in Soldeu Grandvalira right now and it has been snowing all night!!!
Its snowing heavily now and there is no wind, fingers crossed its here to stay.
I havent made it up today but the reports from people coming down say its incredible!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Guide wrote:
Pyremaniac wrote:
It's snowing!!!! Finally, in the central/Eastern area including Andorra, we're getting some snowfall after 5 or so weeks of sun and blue skies. The forecasts are saying that it's going to continue through the night and all day tomorrow. And there we were, thinking it would never snow again wink.

(Amazing how well the snow was preserved in Baqueira during the past weeks; snow everywhere, with the off-piste very usable from time to time.)

Monday's going to be class....bring it on!

There is a meteo warning of snow down to sea level across the central Pyrenees. Not sure how to take it because some of the models are saying only small levels however in the last two hours alone there must be almost 5cm at 600m and certainly more on the slopes. Very nice after yesterdays snow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20cm on the valley floor by 7am this morning with snow falling for most of the day. 50cm of very dry powder fell overnight at Superbagneres though poor visibility and avalanche warnings kept the Cecire sector closed until late morning. Once the weekend skiers have left and the piste basheres get their go, there is going to be a few monumental days on empty slopes to be enjoyed. And with more snow forecast and cool temperatures the off piste is going to be fun.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arrived in Pas after 5hr tfer. About 15ins snow fallen here and still snowing heavily. Quite windy so expecting drifts plus avi danger. Cant wait for tomorrow. Will update tomorrow eve.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the update Michael B Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Have a good one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Arrived in Pas after 5hr tfer. About 15ins snow fallen here and still snowing heavily. Quite windy so expecting drifts plus avi danger. Cant wait for tomorrow. Will update tomorrow eve.
%

5 hours Puzzled Puzzled were from Michael north or south heading out on Sunday (5th) to Arinsal have just been watching a video from today (Sunday 29th) more snow forecast during week and next weekend boy this week is going to draaaaag

http://youtube.com/v/x6WgIQxSJhk
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Friends in Baqueira are reporting 50cm / 75 cm or so. Looking at the web cam today will be a bluebird powder day @ -12.

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I've been looking at the Baqueira pics on their facebook page. Looks like they've had at least 30cm at village level and 75cm+ on the mountain. And it looks like this will continue through the middle of this week.

Perfect for me, as I fly out on the 5th!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Mongie/Tourmalet, Monday 30th Jan

Massive improvement Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Lovely condtitions this morning. About 75% open and about 40-80 cm fallen. Lienz secteur was partially open for the first time that we have seen. Nice to be able to play off the marked runs.

Next system should bring more snow through Tues-Thursday.

Having done a very fine Superman in the powder today Blush hope the wrenched and swollen knee will be good for Wednesday....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all great to see all the updates on snow in the Pyrennes. I am off out with the family to Ax les Thermes on the 14th and up until the weekend the prospect for good ski-ing had not been looking good. Kids(and me!) thrilled to see the fresh snow on the web cams and read lots of snowy updates - a bit more over the never couple of weeks and some cold weather would be great!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
im so tired...snow this am was powder on piste. Avi canons going at 6am. Powder all over. Went over as far as Soldeu. All slopes great but still the odd stone on narrow runs. Note to self...must get fitter.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michael B Be excited! You're going skiing again tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy

J2SKI say you have 3 days of snow coming up.

We're in El Tarter on the 5th, there was a report of 50cms at the top of the Soldeu lifts !?!?!?!?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
50–75cm of fresh all over Baqueira today! snowHead Sun and blue skies (though a nippy -16ºC), virtually nobody in the Peülla sector from start to finish. A fun day was had by all wink

Michael B wrote:
Note to self...must get fitter.

Yes indeed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Mongie, more than enough snow, could do with more sun though, pistes very quiet, still snowing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey Dredgey, glad it's snowing for you, just as we anticipated. Looks like it's getting very cold over the next few days and long range says more snow during my time there too from Feb 9th. Enjoy snowHead
snow report
We are on holiday in pas de la Casa at the minute - it had a lot of snow Friday - Sunday evening which has made for fantastic conditions - the pistes are in great condition and looking out the window of the bar it's still snowing so should make for some fresh powder tomorrow!
snow report
The snow keeps on falling. After another 10cm yesterday we have now had 10cm today which on top of the 50cm at the weekend is providing fantastic conditions at the resorts of the central Pyrenees. The snow will ease away tonight as very cold air pushes in from the East.

Latest reports:

Superbagneres: 115/80
Peyragudes: 120/50
Baqueira Beret: 200/100

Should be another great day on the slopes tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Sunday is looking good for more according to snow-forecast.com
ski holidays
Looks like my snow prayer has gone wrong........

I didn't want it to snow in Gatwick Sad Sad Sad Sad

7 Day Weather Forecast for Gatwick
Sun 05/02
00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00
Ave Temp -2°C -2°C -2°C -1°C 0°C 0°C 0°C 0°C

Cloud Cover 99% 100% 100% 98% 97% 98% 98% 94%
Snow Forecast 75% 78% 83% 83% 83% 75% 60% 0%
Storm Chance 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%
snow conditions
Continuing to snow today, a light dusting already but that is on top of the 20cm reported yesterday. Temperatures falling and poor visibility is going to keep most away - all the more for me to play in this afternoon.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Heavy snow still falling this afternoon, the poor vis and cold kept people off the slopes at Superbagneres leaving knee deep powder on-piste and at times waist high powder off off piste. More snow to come Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Ignatius, Loving the great snow but really missing the sunshine! Got another week here so will try to update again but all I can say is the snow is fantastic! the air/wind is cold and visibility mixed day by day. There is some great skiing in La Mongie! Toofy Grin
snow report
all lifts closed in pas today due to high winds. 100mph at the top apparently. Due to be the same tomorrow when we go home. Snow and pistes been great all week so anyone out soon will have a great time. Bring warm gear.
snow conditions
Coming out this sunday and skiing the week wind is forecast to be the same so will it be no skiing?
snow report
Been stuck in the foothills looking at the snow and waiting for the plough to come through the village! We did our normal 40 minute shopping trip in 2 hours with chains on Thursday, so I confess to whimping out on a possible 2-3 hours each way to Mongie yesterday. Today we would have gone - although snowing hard again this morning - except its so windy the links are shut.

More snow due tomorrow and then we might finally be able to get out on Tuesday. And no, the irony is not lost...
snow report
SORT THE FORMATTING OF THIS SITE OUT SVP..............................................

Sorry for the rant however since the banner ads have started to dominate the right hand side of this site the formatting has been pants....

Anyway back to the Pyrenees where for the 6th day out of seven the snow has continued to fall. High winds and poor visibility have dogged the enjoyment of the week however the super dry powder and the empty slopes have certainly made up for it. Getting cooler (slight warming this afternoon) and more heavy snow forecast for tonight. I am not sure how much fun I am allowed in one week - but the powder has been awesome Happy

Monday and Tuesday should be fantastic after the weekenders have gone home leaving great powder for me Happy

snow conditions
Im out with the boy on Sunday for half term week. Looking forward to it and starting to relax a bit that the snow is looking good.

Does anyone know what Soldeu is like during feb half term? I appreciate prices may hike but in terms of busy on the slopes?
ski holidays
Hi Dredgey, looks like it'll be sunny spells and no fresh while I'm out from this Thursday to Monday so at least they'll be able to open more pistes as Tourmalet webisite shows only 38 out of 70 runs open.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi
Snow report for anyone coming to soldeu this week!
Its still snowing and it hasnt stopped for over 48 hours, little bit windy at the top of the slopes but the conditions are great.
The sun is meant to shine tomorrow so there will be no stopping us!!!!!

As to what soldeu is like in half term its busy, much busier than normal but there is still enough lifts and slopes for everyone to get on ok!
This year is the world cup down hill so i think that its going to be even busier than normal
ski holidays
Ski Guide wrote:
Monday and Tuesday should be fantastic after the weekenders have gone home leaving great powder for me Happy

Well the sun did come out as forecast however much of the powder had developed a slight crust after the strong winds last night. Unfortunately the Cecire sector was closed again due to high winds, though this should give us lots of untracked powder to play in once it opens. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Superbagneres was looking rather good today.

[img]http://www.peak-times.com/The%20Grand%20Hotel%20&%20Telecabine%202.jpg[/img]

Current snow depths in the central Pyrenees:

Superbagneres: 150/100 (135cm off piste)
Peyragudes: 140/75
Baqueira Beret: 250/140 (60cm of powder in the last 24 hrs)
snow conditions
Having set off at 4am (UK time) we finally got home at 10.15 pm, having missed our connecting flight to the IOM by about 20 mins due to Toulouse airport being shut for approx. 3hrs. It gently started to snow as we arrived at Toulouse then quickly went to bucketing it down Sad so they closed the airport.
I would be interested to know if anyone has got stuck getting out to the Pyrenees as apparently there may be a strike at Toulouse today and maybe for a couple more days. Only a rumour.
Conditions at Grandvalira were very good all week. Fairly constant snow and cold enough to make the pistes remain good despite the best efforts of boarders scraping their way down. NehNeh I cant see any problems for a few weeks in the snow conditions, particularly if the temps stay low. -18c seemed to be the norm at night and about -11c during the day, which with windchill meant it was pretty cold on the fingertips.
Stayed at Hotel de les Pistes which is right next to the slopes. Great place to stay and great food in the restaurant below. The half board option gave a good 3 course meal with 3 choices per course. You could also go "off piste" as we called it which meant you could have anything on the menu and got 12eur against the cost.
I had a huge rack of ribs with BBQ sauce one night which was enough to fill me and I paid 1.8 eur. Very Happy a pint of lager was 2eur until 7pm so a good result all round.
snow report
Thanks for the heads up on the strike action Michael. I'm flying out from Bristol to Toulouse on Thursday morning so have checked. Easyjet seemed to have had minimal disruption so I'm hoping it'll be slight delays as opposed to cancellation as I'm only off for a short break so would pull the plug if I couldn't get out on Thursday. Any more info from the Toulouse side would be useful.
ski holidays

^^ Salardu yesterday. I'm guessing at about 1200m altitude, sitting just below Baqueira in the Val d'Aran.

photo from my friends at the BB Ski School
ski holidays
Ski Guide wrote:
Ski Guide wrote:

Well the sun did come out as forecast however much of the powder had developed a slight crust after the strong winds last night. Unfortunately the Cecire sector was closed again due to high winds, though this should give us lots of untracked powder to play in once it opens. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Superbagneres was looking rather good today.

[img]http://www.peak-times.com/The%20Grand%20Hotel%20&%20Telecabine%202.jpg[/img]

Current snow depths in the central Pyrenees:

Superbagneres: 150/100 (135cm off piste)
Peyragudes: 140/75
Baqueira Beret: 250/140 (60cm of powder in the last 24 hrs)

The most amazing morning at Superbagneres, almost spoilt by the gondola breaking down due to being frozen however still managed to hit the top of the black "Gouron" side of Cecire directly behind the piste security guy. Having been closed for almost 4 days during heavy snow the powder was awesome. Very Happy Very Happy

ski holidays
At least the only day without clouds in about 7-8 days was this past monday
Pics from Baqueira Beret, the Queen of Pyrenees, stunning landscapes from Aran Valley

Pla de Beret

Baqueira

snow report
Hi Looking for some advice from you guys in the pyrennes. we are arriving into Barcelon next Tuesday and driving up to Ax les Thermes - will we need snow chains on the hire car My guess is yes. Is it best to hire them - they are charging 56e for the week . Would we be better off buying them en route some where? Car hire cost is adding up as I they also want to charge us €10e per day for driving into France! Should have checked the T&Cs before I booked - some much for cheap car hire. Glad to see lots of snow over there!
snow report
Simone, The forecast is looking snowy for mid next week so you may need them.
snow report
I think is better to buy them. You can buy chains here for 20euros.
ski holidays
Simone, about the chains buy them in Manresa, But how have you think when you fly to Barcelona and then drive to Ax les Thermes, why not fly to Toulouse and you have atleast 1h shorter transfer, or make the choice of a Spanish skistation, and you has not to pay to take the hirecar over the boarder Puzzled
latest report
Thanks freeheelskier - we are flying from Ireland there was'nt any flights to Toulouse but got a great deal into Barcelona for 5 of us. My in-laws have a place in Ax les Thermes so hence the destination - chance to catch up with cousins as well as Ski-ing - all looking forward to it now just hoping for a bit of sun on all that snow although Meteo is showing snow showers for most of next week and rain on SUnday 19th?? Hoping to do a day in Pas dela Casa if the in-laws will mind the kids. Last time we werin Ax (5 years ago) it was +10 degress and more mud than snow!
Thanks for the advice everyone - think we will wait out and buy if they are only 20e! We will be travelling from Barcelona from about 11:30 am so should find somewhere open selling them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy