Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London Ski Show October 2011 who's going when?

Poster: A snowHead
Kitty & myself will be there evening of Thursday 20th October.

Anybody else going, fancy meeting up, maybe a beer after?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, I'll be there, on the Arc1950 stand. Pop by and say hello.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arctic Roll, Will do. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, Would do, but I'm off over there on the 21st.

Bug ger
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, sorry, no, will be on my way back from France. Why no snowHead presence this year?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, ???
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, They had a stand last year, but not this year
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ricfrench, I know, I was on it for a night on my carpet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was there for days on end, schmoozing potential new snowHeads. It was numbingly boring.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would do but they don't seem to be generous with the free tix this year so feck em. Paying to visit a big shop & desperados shilling their GAP yah experience is overrated.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hopefully will make one day of the show, not sure which yet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wife and I will be there on Saturday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will be there Thursday and Friday, on the Whitedot Stand, apres beers sound good

fatbob, did you not see my link to free tickets>?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski,

Will WD and yourself be there Wednesday too.? I can probably only go on Wednesday although I could just possibly manoeuvre myself into a Thursday early day visit if necessary. Would like to talk buying some avo stuff with you too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Big Paua, WD are there for the whole show, I can only really do 2 days the Thursday and Friday, if you can do Thursday first thing, I think it opens at 11am then cool if not just give me a phone sometime
snow conditions
I shall be there Thursday evening - will keep my eye out for you. Will prob be on the Action-Outdoors stand for a bit too.
ski holidays
If anyones there on Friday evening, me, Always29 and the youngest of the Sideways clan will there. Sadly, Sideways_Jnr will not be in attendance, as he's got a prior appointment with his grandma, plus I really can't trust him around the chalet girls.
ski holidays
livetoski, I will see you there Thursday midday/afternoon.
snow conditions
Big Paua, Very Happy look forward to seeing you
latest report
I'll be there much of today (Wed) and maybe a bit of tomorrow (Thu).
snow report
There on Saturday looking to grab a bargain or 5! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Probably be there Friday evening
snow conditions
fatbob, snap
snow conditions
Just found out I've won a pair of weekday tickets so may well pop down tomorrow evening.
latest report
Whitedot are indeed there for the whole show (good effort Andy, Paul & Steve), fourth staffer on stand will be me (Carl) thurs/fri & Mark sat/sun. we are doing a prize draw for a shiny new pair of 2012 skis (just give us your email on the stand) so i assume we'll see you ALL there wink
latest report
Has to be the worst Ski show i've ever attended. There was hardly anything there. And that was with Free Entry. Crying or Very sad
latest report
Have you told the show what you thought? They're doing a visitor survey now. Will be interesting to see the results. http://metrosnow.co.uk/the_show/Ski-Snowboard-Show-2011-Survey/
snow conditions
CAB180 wrote:
Have you told the show what you thought? They're doing a visitor survey now. Will be interesting to see the results. http://metrosnow.co.uk/the_show/Ski-Snowboard-Show-2011-Survey/

A survey where the worst you can rate something is 'average'!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A mandatory question about what best describes the show with options for "Fun", "exciting" etc but none for "poor" "very poor", "Excrement" etc
snow report
they've got comments fields too.
snow report
CAB180 wrote:
they've got comments fields too.

You can't just leave a comment, you have to give a rating for your answers to be accepted.

You even have to rate the on-line booking service even if you didn't book on-line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
good point. The changes have been made.
snow report
spud, yup, complete rubbish. Should be renamed Snow & Rock + Ellis Brigham + a few stalls flogging cheap tat Show.

I asked both S&R and EB is they had a spare nozzle for a camelak. "sorry, we don't have any, that's more outdoors activity stock" said the chap in S&R. "Isn't skiing generally an outdoors activity?" says I. "er..." says he.

If want anything other than new boots, forget it (and if you go to the ski show for new boots you are, frankly, an idiot). Miles more stock variety available in the smallest local ski shop. I won't be going again.
latest report
Well we had a good show, got free tickets, met some familiar faces, and got a bagfull of free swag, including a particularly nice hoody from the guys at Plain-Lazy for Sideways_Jnr thanks to his brother looking small and cute in one of their sweatshirts...but would i go if i had to pay for tickets?... No.
snow conditions
My kids love going, stickerfest ! Best freebie this year was a rucksack from the Spanish. Most bizarre was a small plastic container just larger than my thumb from the French...it was a "portable cigarette butt bin". My kids are not suite sure what to do with these. The show changes a bit each year and each year we miss the missing bits from last year but like the new things from this year, mostly. As a result of talking to the Canadians we will ski in Whistler this winter although we did not book at the show. Recap, it could be better but we enjoy it just the same and don't buy much there
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy