Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champagny En Vanoise - transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we're looking at going to Champagny on December 24th, cominf back to the UK on Jan 2nd, but I can't find any transfers from either Chambery or Geneva that aren't silly money, anyone know of any buses or group type transfers between either Geneva or Chambery and Champagny en Vanoisse?

thanks is advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How many are in your group?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Standee, I used www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk very happily last season for Geneva to La Plagne transfers, drop them an e mail.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for ski4funtransfers

Used them to Les Coches this year and booked in for feb next year...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there's just two of us, I'll contact ski4fun, thanks folks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From Chambery, you could take a taxi to the station then the train. I think the nearest station is Aime - but no doubt a helpful sH will put me right if required. Then another taxi. French rail fares are very cheap but the stopping trains don't break any speed records. On the other hand, you don't get traffic jams...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nearest station for Champagny is Moutiers...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it seems hiring a car is going to be the best option, the transfer companies want £70 each for a 60 mile journey, which is just silly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Standee, If you can't find cheap car hire the cheapest option is the bus from Chambery airport to Champagny with altibus (www.altibus.com), it is 30 euros single or 50 euros return, you will have to change at Moutiers. I thought they only ran the Chambery airport bus service at a weekend, I didn't think there were many flights out of Chambery during the week.

From Geneva airport to Moutiers it is just under 60 euros single or just under 100 euros return with alpskibus (www.alpskibus.com), you have to catch another bus from Moutiers to Champagny which is around 20 euros return (www.altibus.com).

As Dubaian, mentioned train fares in France are cheap. It is 13 euros from Chambery to Moutiers and they have a regular service on that route. You would have to take a taxi from the airport to Chambery TGV station (it was 20 euros the last time I went) and then either a bus or taxi from Moutiers to Champagny.

The fare from Geneva to Moutiers is usually only 27 euros each way but it is a bit of a pain with all the changes and the services are not that regular. You have to take the free service from the airport to Geneva centre, catch a train to Chambery, change at Chambery for Moutiers and then catch the bus or taxi up to Champagny. See www.sncf.fr for timetables and prices but be aware that the winter service will not yet be available, it is due to be issued at 5 am on Thursday 13th October.

I had a quick look but couldn't see the bus timetable for the Moutiers to Champagny journey, that may not have been issued yet. They could be waiting for the train timetables to be issued. I have last years timetable (they don't change that much) at home but am not due back until Friday evening, I could email you a copy when I am back if you want.

It is also worth noting that, although Champagny is one of the La Plagne villages, you gain access to it via Moutiers, not Aime. From Moutiers you go past Brides les bains, the turn off to Meribel, the turn off to Courchevel before passing through Bozel and then taking the road up to Champagny from Bozel.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for that skichampcouk, very much appreciated.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Standee, Think skiddy Gonzales are doing more routes now , great service and value
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The altibus website now has the winter timetable available, it is 15 euros return from Moutiers to Champagny.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Standee, The journey from Chambery airport to Champagny is quite straightforward. You basically need to follow the signs for Chambery, Albertville, Moutiers, Bozel and Champagny

Turn right when you leave the airport and follow the main road towards Chambery (the airport is just south of Aix les Bains and north of Chambery).
You need to follow the blue signs for the A43 and Albertville (motorways are signposted in blue, main roads are signposted green), this takes you through Chambery on the N201, you then join the A43 towards Albertville. At some stage you join the A430, again following the signs for Albertville.

At Albertville follow the signs for Moutiers and stay on the N90 until you reach Moutiers. At Moutiers you then need to turn off onto the D915 towards Bozel, the exit is signposted towards Moutiers centre, Bozel, Courchevel then Champagny. Stay on the D915 until Bozel, go through Bozel, straight on at the roundabout and turn left just after the credit Agricole bank and Vanoise bar which are on your left, it is signposted to Champagny en Vanoise.

Just follow the follow the road up through Champagny centre, you will need to turn left just after the boulangerie for the road up to Hotel Ancolie.

Have a look at a map before you go, google map is pretty useful, you can even do a trial run up to Bozel using the little man from street map if you think it may help.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
if some kind snowHead could post a travel update for Chambery>Champagny on Saturday morning I'd very much appreciate it.

and if any snowHead's are around from Christmas Day to 2nd Jan and fancy meeting up for a Ski/Drink/BootBop thenplease do drop me a pm.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not sure whether you decided to book a hire car in the end... If not you can take the bus from Chambery airport to Champagny on the Saturday (departures at 10h30, 14h15 and 16h45 with www.altibus.com). There are no buses running the other direction on 2nd Jan however. If you did go for a hire car you'll find the offices for all companies outside the terminal building. Turn right once outside and walk parrelllel to the terminal building. The car hire office are about 100 yards walk. At Chambery you clear passport/customs control before you collect your baggage so it's a good idea to collect the keys to your hire car while you wait for your bags. Saves time plus you'll be able to move the car a bit nearer.
snow report
Powder Monkey wrote:
Not sure whether you decided to book a hire car in the end... If not you can take the bus from Chambery airport to Champagny on the Saturday (departures at 10h30, 14h15 and 16h45 with www.altibus.com). There are no buses running the other direction on 2nd Jan however. If you did go for a hire car you'll find the offices for all companies outside the terminal building. Turn right once outside and walk parrelllel to the terminal building. The car hire office are about 100 yards walk. At Chambery you clear passport/customs control before you collect your baggage so it's a good idea to collect the keys to your hire car while you wait for your bags. Saves time plus you'll be able to move the car a bit nearer.

Thanks, we went for the hire car, good advice on the keys etc. I remember Chambery being a small and somewhat "compact" airport from previous trips!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy