Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sat Nav and Rheims bypass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya folks,
Does anyone own a GPS that actually shows the Rheims bypass on it.

The reason i ask is that my sat nav, which is a Navman S80 which i bought in 2008 does not, however i can upgrade the maps on line to version 2011.03, so March 2011 maps.

This will cost me £49 to do, but not sure if the Rheims bypass will be shown. Navman use the same map system as Tom Tom which is Tele Atlas

Or is there a newer sat nav that has it on.

I know the route like the back of my hand but i find the sat nav useful for the distance to go and eta function, when driving accross France.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I currently use a TTGO920. The map updates earlier this year included the Reims bypass.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just ignore the fact that the SatNav will try and take you thorugh Rheims and just take 5 mins off the journey time - it's in the rounding and glad I'm not a French Tax payer funding an unecessary bit of road !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FraserP,

Do you know what version of maps are in it per chance
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins wrote:
FraserP,

Do you know what version of maps are in it per chance
I will check and updatye you later this evening. You need to be carefull as different TomTom models are on different revisions and maps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FraserP,

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timbobaggins, it's not an issue. Just follow the (absolutely gigantic) road signs and for a few miles your satnav will think you are driving across fields and will keep telling you turn left or right in 75 metres. Ignore it. Then when you are back on the original road, it'll sort itself out. The new maps will show the Reims bypass, but so what, really? Definitely not worth £49.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are putting Rheims into the sat-nav it probably won't find it let alone Reims by-pass. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree with Timbobaggins, just ignore it and stay on the road. My 2011 satnav doesn't recognise the new road, it keeps yabbering away at me to turn etc etc.Soon sorts itself out after a few Ks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I agree with Timbobaggins

that was me wink . I find I have to ignore my satnav a fair bit in foreign lands, even though I have just updated the maps. She threw a hissie fit in Annemasse today. I was sitting on the "on ramp" for the A40 and all of a sudden she started shouting "turn around where possible and then go STRAIGHT ON". Her little electronic brain was very addled last week in Genoa, but that's fairly forgiveable. I find that if you have a fair idea where you should be going anyway (ie have consulted a map beforehand and have a sense of the geography) you can judge when to ignore them. Relying 100% on satnav in some of those situations would be a disaster.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the 2011 Q2 teleatlas maps running under IGO on a Mio navman . It has the bypass on it. but I wouldnt pay £49 for it. wink wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timbobaggins,
According to the device:-
Map: Western and Central Europe v875.3613
Its a TomTom Go 920
I received the latest update about 2 weeks ago
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FraserP, thanks
pam w, I know its not an issue but i like to have all bases covered i think i suffer with OCD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timbobaggins, will if you are so OCD you can't spend a few minutes following a very well signposted route without a satnav which knows where you are then yes, you had better spend the money and get the new maps. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
actually, the satnav knows exactly where you are, it just doesn't know that there's a road there....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy