Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Purchase 2011 or 2012 Model

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of buying my first pair of skis for over 20 years.
Tested some at CFe Manchester last weekend and really enjoyed skiing on the Atomic Crimson 2012 model.
Also tested Fisher Watea good but not as good as the atomic, and some Salomon Enduro LX 800 that would make good hire skis.

Now for the obvious, budgets are tight, and a new pair of skis might mean one less trip.
So trip or Skis?

Or and this is the real question, I have seen a pair of 2011 Atomic Crimson for what would be on this years ski a saving of about £140 so
having not skied last years but tested this years will there be a massive difference Puzzled
your thoughts please
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably the only difference is the graphics on top.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The cost of hiring on two trips is probably similar to the cost of buying...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As clarky999 says probably the difference is a matter of fashion
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WellySki0009, Buy last years model ,ski them for twenty years and you will be" quids in "
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm pretty sure the only difference is the topsheet graphics. That's certainly the case with the Blackeyes from the same range. Last year's Crimsons look better too IMO so take the saving.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i never ever never buy the current year's release, previous year's version invariable much cheaper and invariably the same, if a model changes so much that the average punter would notice a big difference in characteristic / performance then it will likely also change to a new model name. Get em bought.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if i remember rightly last years do not have the tip rocker that the new ones have, but this is from memory rather than the tech manual
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You have a PM
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's definitely worth getting the older model of ski, IF nothing has changed, just saved £160 by getting last years ski, would of saved even more if I had got it earlier in the summer.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all.
Snow Dog I agree this years graphics are a bit 90's CBR600
CEM will check that out it would make a difference I think.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WellySki0009, Its always worth checking the specs of this seasons skis against last years. Sometimes like Movement have done this season there are small tweaks in weight and construction of a ski which can make quite a big difference.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
livetoski wrote:
WellySki0009, Its always worth checking the specs of this seasons skis against last years. Sometimes like Movement have done this season there are small tweaks in weight and construction of a ski which can make quite a big difference.

Thanks livtoski checking the specs over lunch
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry it's a bit late but just to tidy up the issue for those that were interested
According to the shop that I purchased them from, and the reply that I got from amersports (atomic's parent company?)
the2011 model have the same specification as the 2012.
So despite the slight difference in size, 7cm on the 2012 pair that I tested I went for it and purchased them.
They arrived Friday, now just waiting for the snow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy