Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stag do... Something different

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Neil I'd say Andorra as well for a stag do. You can get return flights for under £60 per person, to Gerona with ryanair and others and if your not fussed on accomodation something off hostelworld or alpharooms will do to crash in. Yes you can enjoy getting to Chamonix within your budget but the spending money when your there will cripple you. Long weekend of moderate drinking cost me 700 euros!!! on a stag I suspect you will be more than moderate Wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:
The Slovenia deal looks good to me, particularly for a group which includes non-skiers. Mountainsun to Tignes would be far better for hard core skiers, but Ljubljana much better for hard core lap dancers.

I was going to suggest mountain sun in Tignes, we went there 2 Aprils ago on the long bank hol weekend and spent about £400 all in (we drove though.. which I wouldn't do again for 3 days skiing) it was wicked for skiing but not much going for non skiers where the chalet is located.

Good luck though, what a fantastic idea for a stag do. I'm engaged and doing a season this year and plan to get married in the alps, shame you have to live in France for 6 weeks first and do all the paperwork!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Neil

Hopefully this suggestion will really help you out, not just an excuse to "pimp our wares".

Feel fee to check out our website at the bottom and look at the ski resort of Montecampione.

We offer 3 night ski weekend packages for around £180 per person in a 3* hotel with breakfast, lift passes and ski hire.

We don't include flights but you can get them with ryanair return for about £70 and rent a car (maybe £50 per person)

So all in you are looking at about £300, plus beer money of course! Shock
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
allanhalsall, that looks a good deal you have there, I'll bookmark it for furture reference if I want to take my kids away for a weekend, but come on, hardly suitable for a stag do Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smithski wrote:
allanhalsall, that looks a good deal you have there, I'll bookmark it for furture reference if I want to take my kids away for a weekend, but come on, hardly suitable for a stag do Happy
Hey don't be fooled, in the ski season this is our most popular package, and there are loads of bars to choose from in the town and plenty happening.

No word of a lie here, we send at least 2 or 3 big stag groups (and some hen groups too) to this place, and because its so cheap, you will be saving money on food and drink compared to other resorts in France and Italy.

Here is one customers honest review....

United Kingdom 1 - Hotel was good, a little basic, but rooms were cleaned every day and reception always manned. Mountain was OK, ideal for beginners. A longer drive than we anticipated. Smow was good and Pistes well groomed. There was 14 of us in total and we had a good time! Prices of food and recommended restaraunts were very good. All in all we had a very good time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
allanhalsall wrote:
Hi Neil

Hopefully this suggestion will really help you out, not just an excuse to "pimp our wares".

Feel fee to check out our website at the bottom and look at the ski resort of Montecampione.

We offer 3 night ski weekend packages for around £180 per person in a 3* hotel with breakfast, lift passes and ski hire.

We don't include flights but you can get them with ryanair return for about £70 and rent a car (maybe £50 per person)

So all in you are looking at about £300, plus beer money of course! Shock

Does look like a rather good deal, but I must admit I am very tempted by the deal I posted up on offer from SkiStagWeekends.com
The selling points of their deal is PRIVATE transfers for us from airport AND to the slopes. and Free entry into the Lapdance club. For a stag do... thats one of the big clinchers! (even if Im not into that kind of thing! Shocked snowHead ) For all that, at £300...... Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Neil,

I can certainly see the appeal to that package....but sounds likes it might be a bit of a trek to the slopes each day.

Either way I hope you can get some thing sorted, so feel free to get in touch with us direct for an accurate price, and who knows if there is a big group of you guys we may be able to knock a bit off the price...

Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been to Krvavec although it was in 2007/8 when there was no snow anywhere so it was the only ski resort open in Slovenia. I believe it's also the highest as well. Considering the Europe wide snow drought at that time they had a reasonable number of slopes open and what I skied was pretty nice, not just wide motorway pistes. I would recommend Slovenia as a country, been skiing there 3 times and had a good holiday every time although it did get more expensive each visit, particularly after they joined the Euro, so it may not be the bargain basement holiday you want. I've never been to Ljubliana but it is supposed to be lovely.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neil - I'm 6ft 3 as well & did the skiweekends coach long weekend in april this year. I paid the extra £30 for the club seat with extra leg room & reclining chair. I slept well during the trip & had a stretched during the routine stops.

I found this a good value option & had advantages over air travel such as transfers to the door, no getting to the airport early to check in, more leg room than a plane, luggage with us at all time at no extra cost, travelled at night & arrived in time for a full days ski as well as a full days skiing on the day of return.

Got another trip booked for a week in January with the same company. I stayed in Brides Les Bains & woke up on the Gondola ride up to the slopes snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pmercer,

Pmercer- Did you book through a company or did it all yourself? Where you staying? Any advice much appreciated
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Really looking forward to Slovenia!!! Smile
Its all booked up and its going to be a great stag with the lads!

going Andorra aswell (Pas) but thats with the misses. Its just her and me and I'm really looking forward to it!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I booked an easyjet return flight from Luton to Geneva for £52 per person last night.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are good deals to be had with flights if your lucky!
I think our flights for Slov came in at around £80ish (excluding the easy jet rip off charges for ski carrige)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy