Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How "good" do you need to ski for each BASI level

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Re: the vids where the guy gives his scores -

Where can I see the points needed for a pass?

Also stupid question: do you have to do level 1 to get level 2, leel 2 to get level 3 etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JaMMi wrote:
Also stupid question: do you have to do level 1 to get level 2, leel 2 to get level 3 etc?
Yes. There are some exceptions with the BASI system if you are a former racer, but generally you have to work through each level.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud wrote:
Thanks for adding the CSIA videos.
I'm doing my level 2 and Race Level 1 in Canada this year.
I've been a bit apprehensive as to what standards they are expecting.
I'm pleasantly suprised. The last time i skied i was at the same standard shown in the videos as level 4...perhaps not so fast in the bumps, but hey it's made me feel a lot better.
Hopefully i will continue where i left off and hopefully i've not gone backwards.

I predict a pass (on the skiing at least).

spud wrote:

I was under the impression from talking to people that the CSIA was slightly less than the BASI levels? From the video's, it doesn't seem that way, if not the other way round.

As I am not a CSIA or BASI examiner I don't know if one requires a higher level of skiing than the other, but the average Canadian who turns up is usually a pretty strong skier and I think this is what we see on the videos. What can happen in CSIA courses is a few ex-racers turn up to take their instructor qualifications and you think 'oh crap do I have to ski like that?' Fortunately the answer is usually 'no'.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JaMMi wrote:

6 for a pass, see p18 http://www.snowpro.com/docs/en/CSIA_Programs_Level_4_Course_Guide.pdf

Yes you need L1 to do L2 etc.

Edit: fixed link. Oops.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 12-11-11 20:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, Put up a video of yourself we can give opinion of your level.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As good as the BASI videos may or may not be. I think it would be better to have all the levels demonstrated by "Successful candidates" as apposed to a trainer. This is a fairer representation & allows for different body shapes, sexes, & a more varied selection of 'at the level' performances that future & aspiring candidates can & will aspire too, as apposed to a trainer demonstrating lower level performances. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kenny wrote:
JaMMi wrote:

6 for a pass, see p18 http://www.snowpro.com/docs/en/CSIA_Programs_Level_4_Course_Guide.pdf.

Yes you need L1 to do L2 etc.

Thanks rob@rar and kenny.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 13-11-11 19:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
playing devils advocate here...... VIDEOS ALWAYS make things look flatter and easier than they are in reality... in the same way as TV cameras always make downhill courses look easier than they really are!!!!

And yes someone spotted that the BASI video was on the Tommeuse bumps in Val d'Isere / Tignes and the variables pitch is just above the loading area for the Tommeuse chairlift.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steve Angus, Shrinkavision.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chefski wrote:
As good as the BASI videos may or may not be. I think it would be better to have all the levels demonstrated by "Successful candidates" as apposed to a trainer. This is a fairer representation & allows for different body shapes, sexes, & a more varied selection of 'at the level' performances that future & aspiring candidates can & will aspire too, as apposed to a trainer demonstrating lower level performances. Puzzled

...and perhaps unsuccessful candidates right after successful candidates, for comparison.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ALQ, For what purpose?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/5S0T80Ln_sM&feature=autoplay&list=PLF7384EC8AEF43363&lf=plpp_video&playnext=1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forgive me for cross-posting, but since this thread led me to ask the question, I thought I would ask if anyone here had an opinion, given that so many of you have the knowledge I'm looking for: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84843
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy