Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's a revolution

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone going to a ski show? Hopefully they'll have this shizzle because it's a game changer.

http://youtube.com/v/i1Op2kNk_cg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think 'LOL" sums it up.

I love the way they've incorporated loads of big skis with funky graphics and names, yet every shot of skiing is distinctly average...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really? are they serious?

clarky999, The skiing shots are average as those and novices would be their target market.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seriously... what's wrong with normal way of carrying skis? Smile Yes you can hold hands with your dear one, talk on phone etc. even if you carry skis normal way, without this cool poles Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And your edges will trash jacket/pants on no time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Their definition of the 'normal way' is really the gaper way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, Do they work with telemark bindings? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doesn't it just bash your edges together?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What complete tosh. A product for a problem that doesn't exist.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
I think 'LOL" sums it up.

I love the way they've incorporated loads of big skis with funky graphics and names, yet every shot of skiing is distinctly average...

LOL, yes but I'd guess the product is presumably aimed at distinctly average skiers who have problems carrying their skis - as I'm sure you know loads of beginners especially kids have problems. Perhaps their target market should be hire shops though!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Two skis and two poles being carried in one hand for any length of time is going to start to hurt. There will be lots of dropped kit and too much swinging around of skis as people swap hands to avoid getting tired. Plus all the pfaff of clicking poles in to bindings any time you need to walk anywhere. I have a friend who works in the design business and he despairs over the amount of nonsense that is brought to market - knickknacks for knobheads he calls it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waynos wrote:
What complete tosh. A product for a problem that doesn't exist.

doesn't matter does it.... there's millions of products out there for problems that don't exist and people buy things in their millions!

These will sell and the makers will get rich. Especially when you think about how many poles are lost each year... they'll just keep selling to the JONGS!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:

These will sell and the makers will get rich. Especially when you think about how many poles are lost each year... they'll just keep selling to the JONGS!!!

except the target market of people who can't carry skis has a fair amount of overlap I suspect with people who don't buy skis or poles. It's an upsell to rental shops surely?

I'm going to invent the big shouder pad with ski slots and licence it to jacket manufactuers. Your jacket has Recco? Bof! Ours has Skislotz TM!

tag line :

Ski lots? You need Skislotz!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, genius!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, Brilliant. 4 please, I'll pick them up at the ski show Toofy Grin
snow report
I was strangely captivated by the video Laughing
snow report
fatbob, love it, but I am sure I have seen that somewhere already. ?????

How about a system that carries 2 pairs of skis, 3 sets of poles, two helmets, 2 goggles and all the shopping for supper, plus gives 2 kids a ride back up the piste to the apartment.

Sorry doing my dirty, dirty dealer bit again fatbob, quote from another thread about me Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
livetoski, Isn't that system called the Dad?
snow report
fatbob, or The Butler.
snow report
fatbob, rob@rar, same thing really but they are now called a "Snowmule"
snow report
Nice tune though. The Cult?
snow report
You neggy bunch of snobbywobs Laughing

Ahhhhh... something new.... ahhhh.. .something I don't own..... ahhhh... what's wrong with the 'normal' / 'old' way.

These are awesome (but will prbably be way over priced). I'm heading into my 6th consecutive season, with a fair bit of skiing under my belt... I still hate pissing about with slotting skis together, balancing them about along with my poles etc... etc... (plus all the kids stuff too).

The problem does exist (you are pretty blind to have missed it)... and just because you are 'experienced' and can successfully manage your skis in the 'traditional' way; does this mean that everybody should have to do it that way just because it is 'right' and you 'can' ... I'm liking 'these' today... might do a 'few' more ''' Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
flangesax, if you find slotting skis together a problem then I'd recommend some serious practice over the coming season.
latest report
Great, when they nick your skis they take your poles too, plus they can now nick 2 pairs at the same time.
latest report
Spyderman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
flangesax, You say "problem" some might say "entertainment". Best solution I've seen by the way is resorts that leave little hand drawn carts lying around. Toddlers also love riding in these or if you are of a jackass persuasion you can try using a pair as ski boot rolerskates.
ski holidays
OMG the freestyle potential of these poles is amazing Very Happy Imagine popping off a kicker whilst doing a handstand - carnage! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
ski in ski out..problem solved no cost no gapage Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's no way I could carry my skis in one hand that way - it would be far too much strain on my hands especially with wider skis as the poles would be a distance apart. I put them on my shoulder and if it's at all icy or steep I need the poles in the other hand to use as a walking stick.
snow report
Not really sure how they managed to make the video last 4 minutes. Kid at 2.22 is a bit of a mincer too.
snow conditions
I think falling on the bit that plugs into the toe piece would be v painful especially if you forgot to put it away.
latest report
I think the idea is limited as you have to buy whole new poles. I assumed on a quick glance at the video (couldn't stand more than 30 secs) that it was a plastic attachment that you could clip onto your own poles, to allow you to attach them to the skis. That could be a cheap and cheerful accessory that people might be tempted to try. But you have to actually buy whole poles from them, how many people will want to do that? (Yes, I looked at the website Embarassed )

(And I really don't understand why, as when you look at the images on their website it just looks like they've stuck a bit of shaped plastic around a bog standard pole, below the handle Puzzled )
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:
You neggy bunch of snobbywobs Laughing

Ahhhhh... something new.... ahhhh.. .something I don't own..... ahhhh... what's wrong with the 'normal' / 'old' way.

These are awesome (but will prbably be way over priced). I'm heading into my 6th consecutive season, with a fair bit of skiing under my belt... I still hate pissing about with slotting skis together, balancing them about along with my poles etc... etc... (plus all the kids stuff too).

The problem does exist (you are pretty blind to have missed it)... and just because you are 'experienced' and can successfully manage your skis in the 'traditional' way; does this mean that everybody should have to do it that way just because it is 'right' and you 'can' ... I'm liking 'these' today... might do a 'few' more ''' Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Save your hard earned cash I'll pop around later today and give you a ski carrying lesson, assuming I can find my way, being blind and all that.
latest report
We all are blind; 'metaphorically' speaking.
snow report
flangesax wrote:
We all are blind; 'metaphorically' speaking.

Man this is all getting a bit heavy, only yesterday I was confronted with the term "phycological steepness" (spelling not mine!) and some other, expensive training organization based waffle, on another snowheads thread.
latest report
Looks like the faff factor would kick in when you have to hurridly unclip everything to load onto the outside of gondolas etc?
ski holidays
I'll stick to carrying my Redeemers on my shoulders when not skiing or skinning but i salute new inventions. The tooling for the poles must have cost a bit so I assume these guys have done their market research.

Not for me but great to see new things. Very Happy
latest report
ajpaul, oh yeah.... didn't think of that!... I was thinking more of the trudging about aspect rather than the 8 till 4 usage!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy