Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to St Anton by train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see on the Deutsche Bahn and OBB websites that it can be done in 3:30 - 4:30 hours with one or two stops. But does anyone know when tickets will start being sold for next Feb? They seem to be available only for a short while ahead (not even Christmas).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Front page of bahn.de says:
Quote:

Advance bookings for the 2011/12 timetable (valid from 11th December 2011) will be available from 18th October 2011.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it cheaper to buy in advance in Austria? I've always just got mine at the station at the time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy, thanks! hadn't seen that...

clarky999, as they're for my parents and my son, I wouldn't risk doing it last minute.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi horizon, I have done the train to St Anton many time, both from Munich and Zurich. You are right about duration from Munich about 3.5 hours (choose the option that uses the Railjet train with one change. The winter schedule will open up in the next month on the OBB website (which is better than the German one). There are plenty of trains from Munich though so don't worry about not being able to get one.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
horizon, fair 'nuff, just wondering if I can do things cheaper for myself though lol?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, You can get a semester ticket for students on showing your student card to the OBB. One of my former students has just started at Innsbruck and they are paying a ridiculously cheap semester ticket for a train from Kufstein to Innsbruck. Something like 400 Euro per semester, which is less than the tuition fees here in Germany!

If you have an INternational Student Card, you can also get discounts on individual trips, but you have to find a manned ticket counter.

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, Cheers Sue, I think you have to be registered at an Austrian Uni though (at least, I couldn't get student discounts on the season passes for Tirol with my UK student card). The Vorteilscard has worked out pretty well for me too so far, but I keep losing them!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy