Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'huez chalets de l'altiport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Has anyone stayed at these chalets? Looking to book for mid Jan.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice quiet part of AdH, look nice from outside (never been in one), pick the right route and almost ski in/ski out. Biggest drawback is it's a fair walk to the main town, 15mins...30mins+ on the way back (with wobbly legs after a few shandys)!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at the Namika at the altiport last winter and Im going back Feb 2012. Its nice up there, as manicpb, says it is quiet, unless your near our Chalet , we tended to stay there and have a few beers late into the night in the Hot Tub.
You can ski from your door down to the The Bergers area and the main lift / ski schools and also back to your Chalet via a green run (i think) round the back of the Altiport area. If I remember there is a restaurant near the airport within 10 mins walk, the rest is in the town. manicpb, is quite right to warn you of the walk back up after dark. Its a hike of all or more of 30 mins up the road or about 20 mins up the piste on a clear bright night. Not advisable if a few too many beers have been cunsumed.
Like I said we only went out the one night (chefs night off) and we walked back up the Piste, I wouldnt have done that unless it was a clear night. The piste that runs throught the altiport is a green but feels bloody steeper then that walking up it at 2 in the morning wink

From what I noticed all the chalets look of similar standard and seems as though we are returning to the Namika again it proves they are nice places to stay

Below the Altiport is the small cluster of chalets to the left

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for your help.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry just another question...we do tend to spend most of our nights in the chalets but on the odd night we go out are there ay taxis in the main resort area that would take us back?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed in Namika in Feb this year too. Great Chalet but the hosts were Polish and the food and wine was Shite! If you get good hosts the place is nigh on perfect and ski in ski out. When we were there the snow was very thin but you could still ski in to the door.
Drawback is its a little far from town but there are some localish bar by the lifts and a great restaurant at the altiport.
its a quality chalet with great living space,just make plenty of enquiries about the hosts and their cuisine and the wine list
As i recall taxis arent a problem but there is a local free ski bus that runs til midnight and the stop is just across the road

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 4-10-11 23:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who did you book the chalet through?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rocketski if i remember right

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 6-10-11 20:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went in 2010 to the Namika with Rockitski and the hosts where a young English couple who where lovely.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
darbyrw, the Namika is run by Rocketski, if you prefer to book direct. It's leased from a French family who maintain it to a good standard, so it's a nice chalet. Pot luck with the staff as with all TOs, but Rocket don't have a hucge chalet programme so they can afford to be a bit choosy, chalet staff usually fine.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marksovereign wrote:
Rockerski if i remember right
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy