Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Claret Help...

Poster: A snowHead
I am now thinking of going with the addition of a 6 year old and staying in Val Claret, I know the area quite well and we can go over and use the green runs below Borsat and Bellvarde and I don't have an issue with getting over there, but can anyone please help me work out how I can get back down into Val Claret I know the run back will not be suitable and I want to know if you can return down on Tufs as I don't want to take Toviere down and the bus from Le Lac?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't remember seeing anyone downloading on Tufts so I suspect not and you'd have to do Toviere+bus.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dont understand why you dont think download via toviere and bus back to VC isnt best way for you, seems the most sensible option with a 6 year old!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JA11ESA, welcome to Snowheads.

Struggling to understand your problem a little, there are easy pistes down from the top of the Tommeuses afaik:
https://www.piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/France/Espace-Killy-Piste-Map-2019.pdf

You may be better posting your question here:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156661
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Because with a 6 year old walking and carry skis it can be a nightmare but yes it is possible - I also have a possibility of staying in Le Lac but was trying to work out the best option. I prefer the accommodation in VC but Le lac is more convenient I guess.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JA11ESA wrote:
Because with a 6 year old walking and carry skis it can be a nightmare but yes it is possible - I also have a possibility of staying in Le Lac but was trying to work out the best option. I prefer the accommodation in VC but Le lac is more convenient I guess.

only a short nightmare tho, the nearest busstop to the toviere is about 75 yards, it depends where in VC you are staying how much of a schlep you have from the nearest bus stop!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JA11ESA wrote:
Because with a 6 year old walking and carry skis it can be a nightmare

Exactly - very poor parenting.

Get them some comfy boots and a single snowboard to manage, instead of making them walk like Robocop in crippling foot-restrictors, while carrying 2 unwieldy planks and 2 pointy metal sticks. Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WindOfChange, no need to be so judgmental. Live and let live. Have a good day
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JA11ESA, it's been a while since I was there so I defer to the Snowhead experts - but I am sure we sometimes skiied back on a pretty straightforward blue run. I remember it following the valley separating the bulk of the ski area from Grande Motte.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No pointy metal sticks required at that age and definitely they don’t have to carry that’s for me to do - last time we went all I heard was can we go to the Folie!

Oh and must have been bad timing as it was taking 20-30 mins to get to VC by bus, always an issue at the car park !!

WindOfChange wrote:
JA11ESA wrote:

Get them some comfy boots and a single snowboard to manage, instead of making them walk like Robocop in crippling foot-restrictors, while carrying 2 unwieldy planks and 2 pointy metal sticks. Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@WindOfChange was just joking around as can be seen by the emoji - so chill.

It is definitely worth exploring this stuff when you have young children.

But on a slight change of tack - @JA11ESA, you going to Tignes because it's a late/early season trip or because you know it? Is the 6yo having lessons or is just you and they skiing together? Just wondering as there may be cheaper, easier, more mellow options.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WindOfChange wrote:
JA11ESA wrote:

Yes. Just give them slipper-like boots and make them sit on the snow, fiddling with bindings, or resting, for more than half the day. That will do the trick! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bergmeister wrote:

Yes. Just give them slipper-like boots and make them sit on the snow, fiddling with bindings, or resting, for more than half the day. That will do the trick! Toofy Grin

You missed the bit where you have to go chasing off after their board which has disappeared off the edge and into the woods, because they just took it off.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Prariond, açessible from the top of Borsat is not great, as it is often busy and narrow, and has a tendency towards hardback. Depends on the season and how busy it is in resort.

You also have to consider the reverse from Lac to the green triangle. The top of Toviere is deep blue to access the slopes so its probably a bus trip in the morning anyway.

It probably comes down to which accom option is closest to a bus stop!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chocksaway, is that the piste I remembered? We were obviously lucky with it.

While not difficult, the links both ways are likely to seem pretty daunting to a beginner 6-year-old. Even the greens, at least at the beginning of the week. I think I agree with others that if wandering away from the nursery runs in resort it will be helpful to get to know all the bus links.
latest report
There's easy skiing back to VC via Piste H or whatever the name of the run is that comes down from the Col des Fresses. If your kid can handle the greens up around Borsat and Grand Pré, they can handle the ski back to Tignes. It can be a little busy at the top and bottom, sometimes a little icy depending on conditions, but that goes for anywhere. Have taken many a newbie snowboarder down there.
snow report
@j b, that's the one, it joins up with Genepy, from the top of the Fun I. I think its the one @stevomcd, is referring to. Piste Henri or H in old money runs from the top of Toviere to Val Claret.

Ultimately, only a parent can judge what their 6 year old is happy with. Or an instructor who knows the French for empathy!
ski holidays
Just to add my tuppence worth - depending on conditions, Piste H will be ideal / brutal at the end of the day for a tired 6 yo.

I have seen adults struggle down there if its a bit chopped up / flat light and there are tired legs involved.

I suspect it will be a bit of a suck it and see - some days take Piste H, on others perhaps download to Lac and bus it?

Either way is relatively straightforward.

As someone mentioned above, perhaps a thought on accom location is useful - if I was staying near the centre of Val Claret (near the Grizzly, Pignatta etc) then the ski down is preferable regardless of conditions in my book............although as I say, it all depends on how knackered the 6 yo is !!
latest report
JA11ESA wrote:

Have you considered La Daille? You can take the Funival up in the morning, then return by either the Funival or Daille gondola (easier than either of the routes into Tignes).
snow report
Hi the reason was because of the kids hotel availability rather than SC.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy