Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Filming skiing with a Fisheye lense

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I realise its not directly a skiing question, but as I only bought the camcorder for skiing, I thought I would drop it here. Does anyone film skiing videos with a fisheye lense? My new camcorder films in 1080 but my computer struggles to edit it as smoothly as 720 and MPEG2, therefore, I maty have to drop the video to 720. The only problem is that the camcorder films the 720 with fisheye, which is OK, but just wandering if it will wreck ski videos.
Ive checked the youtube and they seem OK, but just wandering peoples opinions

I may have to combine filming in fisheye 720 and using the camcorder on the camera for quick editing shots
Sorry not diectly a ski question, but just trying to get some help

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
transcode your 1080p videos to something your computer can handle, another snowhead will probably be able to advise the best format but if your camcorder is outputting something like H.264 it is extremely cpu intensive.

I don't quite understand why your camcorder records fisheye at 720. I have a proper wide angle lens for my camcorder which can be useful for getting good mountain shots.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're filming with fisheye, you really need to be able to steady your shots, i.e. use panning tripods. Fisheye warps the perspective; when you add motion, the perspective lines of all objects in frame constantly warp. If your shots are unsteady, it makes for uncomfortable viewing, inducing something akin visual motion sickness. I wouldn't recommend using a fisheye lens for handheld motion capture.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, davidof, its not so much a fisheye, but a stretched wide-angle lense (160'). Spoken to a few people and it sounds its more likely my computer that cant manage the higher quality video to edit. (havent got software to edit from 1080 AVI to another format - dont want to download freeware as this will slow down my already-slow computer!)

Getting the spec of computer tonight and daddy-ford can upgrade it for me. Prob need more RAM and decent procesor.
The 1080 works great straight from the Camcorder when playing on TV, so will see how it goes when upgrade speed etc

thanks again for all info. Want to film everything in 1080 as thats why I bought the camera/ WOuldnt mind buying a new compurter, so may just go & do that
thanks again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy