Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

September Fall Line Magazine

Poster: A snowHead
My September copy of Fall Line has just arrived (slightly later than usual), anyone else got theirs? Can't see any Fall Line threads so far so maybe I'm not the only one receiving a late copy!

Anyway really good issue I have to say and (me being me) I particularly appreciated the "day in the life" article on Nick Etheridge from G2 in Aviemore. Fascinating to read it particularly given I know some of the guys at G2 and know what a great bunch they are and how highly knowledgeable and skilled they are too. I was also privileged to have spent some time with Nick at Glenmore on a recent BASI course (he was teaching, I was the student!) and was struck not just by how damned fit he is (and I don't mean I fancy him Wink ) but by how much knowledge he had of the hills in summer as well as winter.

Nice one Fall Line, keep up the great work Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice product placement article for Whitedot with Eva Wlkner's article on her Gulmarg trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have mine, will start reading it this afternoon Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mine arrived today too............ Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still waiting on mine, hopefully it will be waiting for me when i get home today
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
love the WTF picture seriously crazy some folk Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And snowheads gets a mention on P26 in the story about last winters snow conditions as a reliable source of information.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs radar has grabbed it and wont give it back!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah that WTF is pretty awesome!

Glad I'm not the only one just getting it, I wonder if there was a delay at the printers or something!

There's some good backcountry stuff in the issue too (apart from the article on Nick), nice to see a bit of a focus on that, including the equipment reviews.

Is it me or is the magazine more readable (as in less bitty, which I suspect is partly down to the design) than at times in the past ... or maybe it's just that there's more content in there that grabs me?!

Still way and above the best UK based magazine IMHO but I have to say they'll have to keep up the quality of the current issue to give Powder a run for their money in my household Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
roga, i was thinking the same thing,it does seem like a loaded mag full of readable stuff compared to other mags or it might be Im just glad to be reading something different other than last years mags but you know what will happen now,toilet legs !!!!!!!! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shocked wink snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got mine yesterday. All thoughts now on skiing. From the teeth marks, looks like Meg my dog has read it first. Great pictures; won't be attempting those tricks as I am a mere mortal; what the hell are walking lunges?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last page (or two) - did our very own kitenski win some skis????
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arrived. Will be fully digested asap.

The boot dryers came before the mag btw.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arrived. Only had a flick through so far but oh my god i want a pair of Dragon APX goggles!!!!! (Page 110) Shocked
ski holidays
I thought it was a great issue actually - good TRs, good interviews, pretty much everything I want from a ski mag! Well done Fall Line!
ski holidays
Been thinking about subscribing to this for a while, but havent got round to it... Boot dryers make it very tempting at the moment but are they any good? or are they like most of the incentives you get for subscriptions?
snow conditions
Can anyone apart from Arno spot a reference to a certain jammy snowhead in there Wink
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Can anyone apart from Arno spot a reference to a certain jammy snowhead in there Wink

I spotted it in the end. Shame those skis aren't on the BASI approved list so you won't be able to use them wink
snow report
Mine arrived too and I cancelled my DD last year Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
Great issue. Greece on the radar if it snows this season.

Boot dryers are the real deal
ski holidays
Quote:

Greece on the radar if it snows this season.

+1 - especially at those prices!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy