Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I won the £15000 Carling perfect Pint competition!!!! Guess where I`m Going??

Poster: A snowHead
This is not a wind up, I have won one of five £15`000 perfect pint experiences courtesy of Carling Lager!!!!!

I submitted a number of different "experience" options and all included my favourite sport which involves sliding and speed. I was fortunate enough to win with one of them.

It involves me and six mates, 5 star luxury accommodation, an exceptional amount of spending money, nice new piece of camera equipment with altimeter, barometric pressure reader etc. flights, transfers in a hummer limo with on board perks (Carling lager) 7 boards,a guide, 250 meters of sliding then a hard long walk back to the start point and its going to last for a week.

I am happy to slide anywhere but this is a bit out of the norm (we will love it anyway!)....... any guesses where we are going?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds nice, except for the lager Wink

Heli-skiing?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowplowed, yup sounds nice, except for the limo Toofy Grin

Have fun snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
250 metres? Snow dome? edit - dubai snow dome
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, maybe but drinking en route to the slope in Dubai?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bobsleigh?.

On further thought...Cresta Run?.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BTW I'm only in Marple if you have any spare places Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowplowed,

Sand boarding??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its a bloody waste if the answer isn't Alaska or Kamchatka or Greenland or Bella Coola (& for 250m I suspect its Namibia).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Buxton? Well done for winning, good karma.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The real question is whether it is possible, even with a budget of £15K, to get drunk on Carling. The sheer number of visits to the loo mean that I can't actually get beyond tipsy without being catheterised.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowplowed wrote:
This is not a wind up, I have won one of five £15`000 perfect pint experiences courtesy of Carling Lager!!!!!

I submitted a number of different "experience" options and all included my favourite sport which involves sliding and speed. I was fortunate enough to win with one of them.

It involves me and six mates, 5 star luxury accommodation, an exceptional amount of spending money, nice new piece of camera equipment with altimeter, barometric pressure reader etc. flights, transfers in a hummer limo with on board perks (Carling lager) 7 boards,a guide, 250 meters of sliding then a hard long walk back to the start point and its going to last for a week.

I am happy to slide anywhere but this is a bit out of the norm (we will love it anyway!)....... any guesses where we are going?

Brecon Beacons?

Need a 'guide'? Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike Pow, MK?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Put me down for a sandboarding visit.... in Dubai.... In view of the snowdome just to annoy you all!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
why not try the back bottom boarding as seen on an idiot abroad the other week snowHead
snow conditions
Good for you but i hate carling

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 1-10-11 20:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Carling. Yuk.

Good on you fella.
snow report
snowplowed, Im close too, if you need a girl along to, um, handwash your smalls or something.

I'm no good at guessing though, cant you just tell us? i would also be interested in reading your "experience"
snow report
snowplowed, Congratulations on your good luck! Very Happy

How is it possible to have Carling Lager and perfect pint in the same sentence? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Erm... this on the Carling site:

"Mark Hitchen
Doing what? Sand surfing in the Sahara Desert
Where? Sahara Desert
With who? Mat, Jim, Nige, Harv, Mole, Luke, Nick, John"

This thread is a good example of how these types of comps raise brand awareness - even outside of the brand's usual target market.
snow conditions
Zero-G, It wasn't difficult was it. rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
Zero-G, good point. Even if some if it is a little negative.
snow report
Feast, a little negative? Heh. I don't deny that. I do a lot of work in the advertising industry (yes, I do, and it does keep me awake at night. Sometimes.) so I'm entirely jaded about this kind of activity.
snow conditions
http://news.sky.com/home/video/16080587

I particularly like the quote from the executive, after being asked, "where should I go if I don't want to see one bit of advertising?"

Reply, " To sleep."
latest report
Ah Well there we go then.... its off to the Sahara for us. More precisely Marrakech in Morroco followed by a few nights/days sand boarding in the dunes near Merzouga. Anybody ever tried sand boarding ??? dont really know what to expect.
ski holidays
snowplowed, chafing?? Very Happy
latest report
snowplowed wrote:
Ah Well there we go then.... its off to the Sahara for us. More precisely Marrakech in Morroco followed by a few nights/days sand boarding in the dunes near Merzouga. Anybody ever tried sand boarding ??? dont really know what to expect.

You need to ride steeper than normal 'cause it's slow

It moves different to sticky snow - but it's a similar feeling

Weight forward and drive hard

You ride your base not your edge - there is nothing for the edge to 'bite' into

Enjoy - I've only ridden small dunes and slag heaps (both coal and slate)
snow report
snowplowed, Here's another one for you

http://www.glenfiddichexplorers.co.uk/?u=&gflda=1&country=246&country_name=United%20Kingdom&region=&dob=//
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Idris....... I am anticipating eating a lot of sand!

Zero G I take your point but my intention was not to promote Carling lager nor sand boarding, I was merely seeking to share the news of my good fortune make others aware of the fact that real people do win "big" competitions and it is worthwhile givig em a go.

Thanks to most people for your kind comments and I hope a little of my recent good luck rubs off on you. Madeye-Smiley

Shimmy Alcott if I win that one you can count yourself in!
latest report
snowplowed, in the Apres Zone there is a Competitions thread for all snow related comps that people find, mostly Chris B's baby and he is fab for posting loads once the season is underway. It got me into the habit of entering comps, so far I've won a sat nav Laughing but i was very chuffed.
snow conditions
snowplowed, Face plants are not pleasant in hot sand Razz the best bit for me was the drive back up the dunes in a 4x4
ski holidays
snowplowed,

I was being totally serious about the chafing, that sand will get everywhere. To that end, mine was probably the kindest comment on here!!

wink
latest report
Thanks Shimmy will defo have a look at that. An d well done on your win!!!!

Neilski where did you go? was it just a standard board ? How was the ride compared to say a 250 m of a decent black on the white stuff? I may have negotiated quads or ATV`s to get us back up the dune but if the slidings too slow we may use em to pull us down as well!

mfamily2 I will be getting myself to the chemist and stocking up on the sudocrem............. or 5 pairs of air tight undrpants, on the other hand they might explode after all that Carling Embarassed

This has turned out great for me, the family are v jealous and as they cant go with us Mrs Snowplowed insist`s we book our first 2011/12 trip to the alps before I go on my adventure (It`s a hard life). Toofy Grin
latest report
snowplowed wrote:
Zero G I take your point but my intention was not to promote Carling lager nor sand boarding

You have misunderstood me, I was merely pointing out how effective such comps are... and that this thread is an example of that effectiveness. Someone wins big and tells everyone about it and everyone feels all warm and gooey about that brand. That is the sole purpose of comps and promotions. But enough of my cynical view on the subject.

Promote away, if you so desire! I openly tout my two favourite ski brands and a certain bootfitting shop because I am a fan of their products and services.

On the subject of the desert, I have two parting words for you: sand lice Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Zero-G wrote:

On the subject of the desert, I have two parting words for you: sand lice Toofy Grin

And here was me worrying about the sand getting in my sandwiches Shocked
latest report
snowplowed, if you click on the username in the far left column it will automatically post it for you in your reply, great when selfish folks have silly user names Wink that are hard to type
snow conditions
Quote:

that sand will get everywhere.

+1 ...... EVERYWHERE!
snow report
You would have to be in the Sahara to want to drink Carling..........
snow report
Carling.... good old Zamalek (there might be a few that will understand that Wink )
snow report
mfamily2 wrote:
snowplowed, chafing?? Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I didn't spot the 250m bit earlier. My money was on Dubai!

Well done snowplowed!

I can also attest to "real" people winning biggies... a certain snowHead won a pair of three-day tickets to the F1 British Grand Prix this year, and then found out he couldn't go... his loss, my very large gain Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy