Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paying for Apartment Rental

Poster: A snowHead
Could you please advise me which is the best way of paying for my accommodation for my ski holiday.

I am spending a month in Valmorel in January and I have made all the arrangements including renting a private apartment with a French Lady.

I have signed the contract and returned it to her and now I need to pay my deposit. Unfortunately this is where my contact with her as gone cold.

My bank says I can just transfer the funds via my internet bank account as long as I have the account name, sort code and account number.

Unfortunately after emailing her several times over the last week asking for the info she still hasn't emailed me back so I'm unable to make my deposit payment.

My bank said I can also arrange for a euro cheque ( cost £25 that will do nicely - NOT ) and post her the cheque but naturally this would take longer for her to get hold of the funds.

Am I going about it in the right way or are there easier options.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle, French bank details are different to UK, for an international transfer you need the IBAN and SWIFT numbers. Ask her for a copy of her RIB, which all French account holders should have.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Eagle, Do you have a phone number for her? If so, try that first but I wouldn't advise paying money to someone who isn't communicating with you. It could all be very simple - she may be on holiday for example, and get back to you after a week or two away, but it may be advisable to start looking for alternatives. If nothing from her a day or two after the two weeks, and you find somewhere else in that time, email her advising the situation and see what, if anything, comes back to you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells,

Does this get paid through my bank and obviously it needs to be in euros not ponuds.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super Eagle, yes, but most banks will charge for the transfer. Depending on your bank there may be cheaper but slower options.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Super Eagle wrote:
My bank says I can just transfer the funds via my internet bank account as long as I have the account name, sort code and account number.

Your bank is wrong, as Hells says. Mind you the problem isn't the payment at this point, rather the fact you've lost contact with her!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I finally received my Deposit Payment request form

It as an IBAN Number on it and BIC Code

My Final Question Is

Do I just print this document off and take it to my bank so that they can transfer the funds.

Many Thanks for all your help so far
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super Eagle, yes!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super Eagle, glad you seem to be sorted now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulio wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

Your bank is wrong, as Hells says. .......

Just checked my bank internet account. I can pay overseas payees by internet - there is a time window each day to do it, though, and there is a fee of £5. You need the international payment details, of course.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right that's my Accommodation sorted after several trips to my bank who didn't know how to carry out the transaction so had to phone another branch so they could be talked through it.

Both Santander and Nationwide charge £25 per transaction so at the expense of being ripped off twice I've paid the full amount.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used Halifax once and they were crap so I used HiFx from then on in. Very quick, better rate oh and helpful!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Super Eagle, probably a wise decision. One of the reasons I accept cards and Paypal payments.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Super Eagle, if you plan on making this a regular thing get a UKforex account, you will get a mcuh better exchange rate and the charge is only something like £7 per transaction. If I'd have read this a few hours ago I could have done this for you and saved you a few bob (which could have gone towards those shiny new SLs Happy )
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another option (for future reference perhaps) is a CaxtonFX FastPay account - no transaction fee and a very good rate. Slightly annoyingly this requires a separate account even if you already have a CaxtonFX card (also worth getting in my view, much better rates than the banks and no transaction fees there either).
snow report
sah, +1, very efficient system and great value.
snow conditions
smithski,

Santander stung me twice. Not only a stupid fee for an electronic transaction but when I calculated back the exchange rate they had only given me the tourist rate. Although Nationwide was the same fee they did point out that I would have got the International Spot rate.

Received copy of signed rental agreement so at least everythings cool.

At least I know now for the future and its made me wiser.

I can sit back now and enjoy the Apri Ski Music thread to get me in the mood

smithski, Don't forget the details of those coaching manuals please. Also Sls or the Atomic Gs cann't make my mind up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy