Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which bindings for a jones split board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of getting a mountain twin split. Not sure which bindings to get.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spark R n D
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What are they like compered to regular bindings like burton cartels?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.splitboardbindings.com/

If you are going to get a Jones you may as well get what Jeremy rides!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why do tsa sell the jones splits with Voile mounting system, and not Karakoran which is on the jones web site?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you know you are getting a split and are in a 10uk boot or above you could get the last 2010 pair of Sparks showing on sale at TSA... if the stock list is correct at £186!!

I would,nt worry about anything else, just nike them now at that price and change highbacks or straps later if any concerns.

I tryed older sparks they are all good in my limited use.
Choices are the two new Voile bindings or softer Sparks Blaze £300/ firmer £350Burner vs Karakorums bindings at $600 usa ( so probably £600 cost) and availability.
I believe 2012 Spark burner system is better for other reasons at the moment anyway.
Once reality kicks in on those costs some buyers head in another direction.

One other guy is doing modified Ride bindings cut in half and welded onto the sides of voile slider plates in the states and has shipped to the uk.
They also have solid alloy pivot points or bosses that fit into Spark LT alloy tour brackets and pins.
Some very positive points with these Ride bindings for diy splitters or otherwise... once you are in the queue or if someone can pick up stateside.

I think the best way to start is just get a full setup kit from Voile or Volkle for the same money or less than a jones split board alone.
Atomics full setups were going for £420 on sale
Voiles RX and Volkles Cashew are £550- 650 now complete so they would sort you.

With Jones
You need a board at £750-£800
All interface connecting pucks, clips and hooks,tour brackets,heel lifters may come with it or may not ?
Skins.£150?
Bindings £350
It must be about £1300 all up at tsa before packs,poles and boots which really need to be more costly models as others fall apart or turn too mush very quickly.
Then you need time in the mountains to use it my actual powder riding time is in seconds vs hours climbing slowly that always turns into a full day givern low fitness and a break.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy