Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for Never Summer SL?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd post here rather than equipment forum as us single plankers are a little thinner on the ground round these parts. Rather snowHeads than a snowboarding specific forum for fear of getting caught up in some 'freestyle chat' type thread.

Should be picking up my 161 SL pretty soon and need some bindings.

I've a pair of new last seasons Salomon Synapses 8.5 UK.

Mainly piste charging with little jumps on and around. If there is powder available then that's where I'm following my more experienced buddies. Only the smaller jumps in the park and only occasionally with no rails or boxes.

Current set up is a 162 Custom with Cartels and Motos.

Reading around has led me to look at the K2 Formulas, Union Forces and Rome Targas and 390s. Which would suit best and what else should I be considering?

I like the sound of canted footbeds and prefere a toe cap to a strap.

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As usual you'll get loads of people recommending whatever they ride...which I'll start off!

Highly rate my Union Forces, standard or toe strap options, strong heel cup (can't imagine a situation where they'll break), light and supportive highback, gas pedal base plate cover things (don't know how else to describe them), overall med lightness. Have lent to mates who bring them back to me with only positve comments. When I bought them 2/3 seasons ago they were the best you could get at that price range, not really been looking at kit lately so don't know where they sit in the market now!?!

Others may say the same about the others but the Forces was one buy I have not regretted!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never bought into the 'bindings to fit a board' deal, if there is any difference I doubt most of us would feel it, but I could be wrong.

I'd get the strongest bindings that fit your proposed boot snugly. Pick a good brand, good straps, nice metal ratchets, and buy some spare straps/ratchets etc.

I tend to go for aluminium bases, ie Ride, as I prefer the stiffer feel, but good composite/plastic are just as good if you like a more flexible feel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you not like the Cartels?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevomcd wrote:
Do you not like the Cartels?

Yeah I've got on great with them but the're 6 years old now and I was hoping to leave that set up complete as a spare/loan rig.

Plus the shiny precious ooh the precious shiny things.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sure, but if you got on with them, why not just get another set for the new board? I reckon Burton still make the best bindings around. Others are closer now than they used to be, but Burton are still right up there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have ridden with other bindings namely Missions, Forces, Apo. The latter came with a UCPA board. The Forces were the best out of that bunch by a mile but I just love my Cartels. I would like to try out the targas and 390s one day but if I were you I'd stick to the Cartels unless you can try them all out. 2012 Cartels are more adjustable now giving you the option of zero forward lean if needed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So I got some Rome Targas in white and tested them for a couple of hours at MK. Great, comfy and stiff bindings with so much technolgy - like the spring that pulls the straps out of your way so you dont stand on them and adjustability - 3 differnet canted footbeds, strap inserts for 3 flex levels - they're like the swiss army knife of bindings!

But... and I'm ashamed to admit this, I wasn't keen on the colour with my black and while boots and my black SL.

On the way out of MK I spied a set of Cartels in almost the same bright green as the detailing on my new board. Guess what? Thats what is on my board now (sad I know).

So the Targas will be going into the Classifieds soon. I will say that there is no way that the 2 sets of bindings should cost the same new. There is so much more to the Targas with much more thought going into the design - the Burton's really are overpriced and only a fool would pay what they are asking when compared to the Targas. rolling eyes

Oh and my review of snowdomes after my one and only visit: If skiing/boarding is luxurious sex with a beautiful woman then a trip to a snowdome is sneaky little hand shandy over the littlewoods catalogue.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow Hound wrote:
Oh and my review of snowdomes after my one and only visit: If skiing/boarding is luxurious sex with a beautiful woman then a trip to a snowdome is sneaky little hand shandy over the littlewoods catalogue.

Laughing You have to repost this as a trip report! Think we've found a replacement for the star rating of resorts!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy