Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel to Tignes Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm planning back to back ski holidays in Meribel and Tignes next March with two seperate holiday companies (one organised by me, the other by a friend) and am looking at options to transfer between resorts on the middle Saturday. I am currently looking at the possibility of using the first companies transfer to the airport to drop me at Moutiers on the way through and co-ordinating with the second to meet an incoming transfer bus back up to Tignes as an option but if I'm unable to make this work does anyone know of any other options (or simpler routes in general)?

Thanks,

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure there would be private scheduled bus companies that would do the routes you need, or eve. Bus to moutiers, train to bourg and bus to tignes.

Or as the French would do,, hitch!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's too much hassle. Ask the Meribel TO when you're there if they can organise a transfer and offer to pay cash. Assuming it's not a tiny TO and they have their own minibuses (who doesn't in Meribel) someone will drive you for about €40-50. Backpocket income for them, easy for you. I've done this with Crystal between La Plagne and Meribel, no problem.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Worst case, but a notice on the board in the Tavern pub offering €50 (that may be too much!) - you'll get a ride off a ski-bum no problem. Or if I'm in LT at the same time I'll take you (but we'll have to go early so I can ski there for the day wink )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris_twm, Get a lift to moutier, train to BSM and either a bus or thumb a lift up the hilll.

I'm looking at doing something similar in december...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did very similar a few years ago: Val Thorens to Val d'Isere. Spoke to rep of first week's TO early in the week. She was very helpful including phoning the other TO and arranging things. On changeover Saturday I got the normal transfer bus. It stopped at Moutier Railway station, just for me. Train to Borg St Maurice. Short wait then met the minibus of the second TO who were collecting others travelling by train. Arrived in Val d'Isere by about 9am, had my second breakfast of the day and on the slopes by 9:30am.

Quiet often I have been on a TOs airport transfer bus that has stopped at Moutier or BSM railway stations for one or two people to get on of off the bus.

One challenge of switching between TO busses at Moutier or BSM is that most buses leave for the airport early in the morning and return late afternoon. Leaving you to spend several hours, with all your luggage, waiting for a bus which could easily be three hours late if flights or traffic cause delays.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all - looks like getting the TOs to co-ordinate is going to be a challenge (distinct lack of co-operation from the Tignes TO) so think it'll be a train up to BSM and on from their unless I can get a lift from a seasonnaire!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chris_twm, I think it is too early for the TOs to work out details for your sort of transfer. They are worried, today, about resort to airport transfers not about the special requests like yours that may be needed in six months time. When I planned my two resort holiday with two TOs I assumed it would work and that it was best to sort out the details during the first week when in the resort. My back up plan was to spend the day travelling via Geneva airport. When in the resort the TO rep was very helpful, she knew what she could and could not arrange.

Watch out for the flights on the second holiday. Make sure they know you only want a flight for the return journey. Some airlines, allegedly, cancel the return flights of people who do not use the outbound flight.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy