Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK off piste hazzards!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looking for interesting places for a bit of uk skiing and came across this report Shocked http://www.planetfear.com/blog.php?id=209
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
meandrew, that is the most amazing report, so evocative, so beautifully put together. They were lucky! Thanks for posting.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bruce Tremper's book has quite a few photos of Scottish slides IIRC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sobering and timely with many hoping to ski the UK this coming winter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I read that report last year. The Howgills are very much like the Southern Uplands, you see them on your right as you drive up the M6 before the Kendal turn off ... big flat tops and steep sides with scree filled gullys (they're called cleughs around here) between 30 and 45 degrees all over the place. Prime slide zone with enough snow esp with our climate frequently leaving frozen beds under fresh soft stuff. Sobering indeed.

BTW, Planet Fear is a good place to shop for touring kit like skins etc. Good prices & fast despatch with a little bag of sweeties thrown in with every order. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
Bruce Tremper's book has quite a few photos of Scottish slides IIRC.

I'm not sure about that but there is also 'A Chance in a Million' which is a book on the subject of Scottish avalanches.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought this was familliar:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60226
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
altis, didnt see it the first time round but it cant do any harm to post it again and as Mike Pow, said its that time of year when people are getting ready to head for the hills and mountains and it might make some people including myself to get more avalanche knowledge in preperation for the up and coming season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy