Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Montchavin to plagne centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
We are staying ion Montchavin next year and one of our group is looking to book off piste lessons in Plagne centre. Does anyone know how long it take to ski from Montchavin to Plagne centre (he's advanced level), and does anyone know what time the lifts gnerally open in Montchavin.
many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi jan,

The lifts in Montchavin opening times depend on the time of year, but will definitely be open by 9am. It takes 45 minutes to 1hr for a competant skiier to do Montchavin - Plagne centre lifts plus skiing.

I'd say that a 10am start or later would be ok - but no earlier. If it's a group lesson which starts earlier, he could try meeting the instructor in Bellecote which is part way there.

Hope that helps?
Heather
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Heather, we are going at the end of January. He needs to be at the ski school by 9.30 am so that doesn't look likely to happen. I'll suggest theh Bellecote option.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi jan,

At the end of Jan lift opening time will probably be 9am. If he lets the ski school know where he is staying they will be able to suggest a suitable meeting point etc or give him the instructor's phone number closer to the time to arrange the meet up.

If you have a hire car you can drive Montchavin - Plagne centre in about 50mins. Alternatively there is a free bus from Montchavin - Les Coches which at least cuts out the 1st lift - not 100% sure what time it starts but there should be one before 9am.

Hope all goes well - have a great holiday!

Heather
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jan wrote:
Hi all
We are staying ion Montchavin next year and one of our group is looking to book off piste lessons in Plagne centre. Does anyone know how long it take to ski from Montchavin to Plagne centre (he's advanced level), and does anyone know what time the lifts gnerally open in Montchavin.
many thanks

40 minutes from the exit of the vanoise express is a comfortable time to make it into PC for a 1/2 decent skier provide lifts running ok - there's actually not that much skiing more lifts...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian, I agree 40 mins for a good skiier is fine, if not a little less if you just hoon it, you have the the 2 lifts from Montchavin, then down to back down to Bijolin, I think (this is faster than the immediate slow lift), nail it to Bellecote, one lift (Colosses I think) out then down to Plagne Centre and there you go!!!! Hav you considered using Evo 2 in Montchavin as there is plenty of off piste around and the generally away from the main hub in Plagne, Evo 2 will also do recces to all areas? Ski lifts open at 9am or just before! Hope that helps.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy