Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations - private tuition in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Just wondering if you can help me out. I am an upper intermediate skier who wants to develop their skills and was wondering if you have any recommendations for ski tuition in Tignes? I don't really want to be paying more than £60 per hour. British speaking is a must!

I've heard the Ultimate Snowsports ski school is pretty good - any opinions?

In terms of how much tuition you need to develop technique, I was thinking around 3 hours of tuition over the course of a 6 day skiing break? Not sure if this sounds about right and not sure if it is best to consolidate the hours into one day, or spread them over a few days.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use TDC - they have a variety of different options check out their website or contact Snowhead rorie and they will help you with your own programme.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2nd TDC, Gavin is very good too, in fact I think they all are.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gavin at TDC charges 100 euros for a 3 hr private. Highly recommended Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can send a PM to stewart woodward and see if he's available. He lives in Tignes and works at the ESF (and he's a good guy)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
3rd TDC. The best ski lessons I've ever had thanks to Gavin.
But don't play him at poker though!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
another +1 for Gavin.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gavin or Colin from TDC although I think Colin's based in Val D'Isere not Tignes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TDC have opened in Meribel as well as Tignes & Val D'Isere this winter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
New Generation.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TDC
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I was thinking around 3 hours of tuition over the course of a 6 day skiing break? Not sure if this sounds about right and not sure if it is best to consolidate the hours into one day, or spread them over a few days.

An hour is probably too short, 3 hours a bit long. How about 2 hours on the first day, and another 2 hours half way through your week? Or more, if you can possibly afford it by eating fewer lunches. wink

The key thing is to make sure you get given drills to focus on and then practice them, which will probably mean spending more time than you usually do skiing the same fairly easy slope - don't just hoon around at top speed in the usual carefree way!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laurent bastian taught my wife and daughter to ski, awesome i have his mobile if you wish to pm me
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I went with ultimate snowsports on two trips to tignes last year and thought they were excellent. I had sam and thought that his fault analysis was brilliant. He then sorted things out with some well-explained and simple drills. I think they charge about £50 per hour. I did 3x 2 hour lessons, which I found about right. Having said that, I don't think you'd go far wrong with tdc or any of the other British ski schools, since prett much all of the instructors are istd.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another recommendation for Ultimate Snowsports.

I did all mountain group lessons with them last year in Val. Their group lessons are only 3 days which I think is the perfect length once you get beyond the "learning the basics" stage as your have time to ski with the rest of your friends for the rest of the week and practice what you learned. In the end there were only 3 of us in the group so it was almost a private lesson anyway.

Our instructor was Freddy and he was very good and some others from our party were in a lower group and they thought their instructor was top quality as well.
snow conditions
+1 for Freddy at Ultimate
snow report
Another vote for TDC - Gavin or Ben!
latest report
ESF
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy