Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slopes you'd like to ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy

I'm a graphic designer by trade and today i've been working on some travel related literature.

Before me, I have an image of Eilean Donan Castle on the banks of Loch Duich. Up on the south side of the loch is a mountain called Beinn a Chuirn. It has a perfect looking pitch running for a few hundred metres down towards the loch. How cool would it be to ski down that with Eilean Donan Castle shivering away in a true Highland winter down below you.

This has now become a goal for me in the next couple of seasons Very Happy

The slope is the green pitch up behind the castle in this pic.

Show us a picture of where you'd like to ski down and why.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, another graphic designer who can afford to ski? Crikey... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well you'd end up on a road but you'd have to walk up a fair way (300m ?) from the Glenelg road.

Lots of places I've looked up or down and idly thought that, particularly in Scotland. One I speculated about more seriously on Snowheads was pushing on past the Nevis off-piste and skiing down the back to the top of Glen Nevis (having left a car at the bottom to walk to - and perhaps taken some walking boots for the mile or so walk out down the track). You'd have to have lots of snow to be able to ski it all (at least a tongue of snow the equivalent of half way down the Nevis access lift) . Perhaps if there is lots of snow during the Snowheads Scottish trip in March and someone is willing to do it with me? It would make a good way to end a day and my wife could pick us up at Glen Nevis car park.

Edit: No photo I'm afraid, but here is the route I had in mind: (Yellow line + 3 Nevis off-piste routes also marked) It involves an 130m climb up Aonach Beag and a walk along the track from Steall ruine to the Nevis Car Park. (map squares are 1km)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 23-09-11 14:00; edited 14 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blencathra down the shoulder and frontside would be fantastic , reasonably grassy too so would be ok with a few feet on it I think.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lords Rake Scafell/Pike on 155 Atomic RD D2 SLs
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great Hell Gate on Gable would be amazing given enough snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy