Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap and quiet place for Snowboarding and skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

This is my first post and so would like to say hello to everyone.

Me and 6 mates are looking for somewhere cheap and quite to go snowboarding (2 of us) and skiing (4).
We are not really interested in the night life etc, just the boarding and skiing. We went to lenzerheide last year and Chatel the year before, and don't believe in going to the same place twice - if we can help it. We are all pretty much beginners or intermediate so nowhere too challanging.

Ideally sometime between the middle of January and the end of Feb, and very close to an airport, preferabley Geneva as the flights are more frequent.

Would also prefer self catered, but don't mind half board.

Would really be gratefull if you guys have any suggestions.

P.S
Jaccuzi and sauna would be nice!

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
differentshades, hiya.... gonna take this chance to openly pimp my wares!....

we are 40min from Salzburg airport, have loads of different areas around us that suit boarders and skiers alike accross all levels.... offer half-board and are situated in a quiet corner of our town... http://www.austrian-adventures.com
... oohh and got a sauna too...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's cheap, and there's value, which IMO Austria at the moment is probably top of the pile.

Outside of that, Bansko in Bulgaria, if you avoid the holidays, can be hard to beat on value. Good deals, less than hundred quid for a weeks pass, good pizza from around a couple of quid...... Now't wrong with good strong 'local' lager at 80p a pint either. Late Jan onwards, but check the snow conditions prior. Probably do it for a monkey plus change if you buy late & well. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi different shades,

I would recommend Montecampione in italy. It is only 50 mins from Milan Bergamo airport (ryanair fly there for around £60) It is good for beginners and intermeds but not experts, but the best bit it that it is really cheap (see activitybreaks.com) and when you are there the food and drink is cheap too, probably not as cheap as bulgaria, but compared to other resorts in france and italy it is cheap. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
differentshades, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Folgarida/Marilleva might suit your needs. Plenty of non too challenging stuff, though a good sense of travel, quiet, not really expensive. I have no idea about self-catering there, however, from experience there seem to be hotels dominating the scene - may be a greater chance of a sauna!

Transfer is about an hour and three quarters - worth it IMO. But obviously not from Geneva. Verona or Milan IIRC.

Folgarida.co.uk, who advertise on snowHeads might be a starting point. I used them last Jan and they were really very good. Their packages inc HB, F & T, ski pass and ski hire.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you might be better in a resort with lots of nightlife

everyone will be hungover/asleep in the mornings leaving the pistes nice and quiet for you snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy