Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boarders & a skiier looking for something different..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there gurus of all things snow. Would appreciate a bit of advice.

Really looking forward to next year's trip, which will be 6-7 blokes (30's) from around 3-4 Feb. I've only learned to ski in the last 3 years (and have gone a bit ski mad), while the others have 10 -15 years boarding experience each (their knees will give up soon and they'll come back to the dark side). As usual, we're looking for a resort where we can get the best for all of our abilities.

Last year, we did a chalet in Morzine, which we liked in terms of the dining / lounging facilities, but it was a bit tricky with double beds and we were less keen on its distance from the lifts / bars.

I fancy a ski-in/out place this year, but is there anywhere this is realistically do-able for £300-£400 per person for a week?

Any suggestions for resort or accommodation?, ideally flying into Geneva, but willing to hear what you think (excluding what we think will be dead expensive ie Swiss resorts..).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trickygibbon, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Couple of things - are you looking for self-catering or catered? Why Geneva? Are you planning on arranging your own flights, so that £300-£400 is then just for accommodation?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trickygibbon, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead

If you make that the snowHead 4 or 5 February (ie a Saturday or Sunday) you'll have more choice of accommodation. Not many places do a Friday changeover.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there, cheers for the welcome & thanks for the questions!

- yes the weekend of 4/5, my bad calendar reading Wink
- Geneva tends to be the cheapest flights for most of the party (2 in northwest, rest near ldn), but we're not wed to the idea
- price was for accom only ie not including travel, passes, sustenance / beer (there is a difference, I've been told)

Hope this helps!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not looked into it, but I would have thought that you'd get somewhere for that cost, given it is just for accommodation. I know things change and that some companies have shelved inventory but, if you're prepared to wait, there may be some good deals around - for example a couple of years ago I managed to get a week's catered chalet accommodation (inc wine with dinner) in La Tania plus flights and transfers for £359. This via Crystal. Was a good holiday and almost ski in/out - as long as one didn't mind skiing down a narrow drag lift path and pick their way through woods and gardens on the way back Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi trickygibbon,

might be worth checking out the resort of Montecampione, but you would need to get flights to Milan Bergamo instead of Geneva, but they are still cheap, just look at ryanair. Montecampione has deals for 7 nights on piste self catering with ski pass and ski hire included for £380 through www.activitybreaks.com - The last few times i have traveled with them and they seem to offer good deals to that resort...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had a great time the last two years staying with Silver Lining Chalets (www.silverliningchalets.co.uk) in the three valleys region of France. It's just below Les Menuires, so at the cheap end of the 3V, but has some great skiing easily accessible. Night life in the hamlet is limited (there is a bar very close to the chalet though), but that suited me, and it's easy enough to get up to Les Menuires if you wish. The Bettex piste and chair lift is about 100m from the chalet. I think the chalet has twin beds as well as doubles. The price for the catered chalet is a little above what you quoted but it includes food and drink, and I think you'll be able to get 10% off for early booking. It's the best value I've been able to find in the 3V, and it says a lot that I went back two years in a row.

For getting to the 3V and other nearby French resorts I find the sleeper train much more convenient (see www.snowcarbon.co.uk for details) than flying to Geneva as Geneva has a fairly long and expensive transfer at the French end. You could also fly to Chambery with snowjet which is a bit closer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the tips, all.

@Chasseur - yeh, part of me thinks that with all the Euro collapse, maybe they'll be >really< good deals around later on, though part of me worries about inflation wiping out any savings we make Very Happy

Oh well, will check out the suggestions, and see what the guys think.

Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy