Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads Travel Insurance...when?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The 'hold up in administration' is entirely at Jeff's end and he certainly should not be recommending his own products to enquirers about snowHeads insurance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loatie, oh well it won't be enough for us, we need about 62 days a couple of times on an annual policy.

But since my comment above my OH who has been on the phone to them this morning tells me that we can have single trips of a longer length and that current thinking is to do two single trips of our required length. We still have annual cover elsewhere for ordinary travel in the rest of the year. It appears to be coming out at about £210 or £220 in total. BUT he has just printed everything out and the devil will, no doubt, be in the detail.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 8-12-11 14:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, we do too. Still not settled on anything, though Snowcard is the cheapest (if that's the right word for £280 year!!) given it would cost £91 or something like that to join SCGB.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Austrian Alpine Club membership includes an insurance. Around £44 per year for single, £77 for a year for a couple and trips up to 8 weeks covered. Includes Rescue, Liability, Medical. Details at www.aacuk.org.uk/benefits.aspx

What I really want is an insurance policy that does not require 6 months plus resident in UK or start/end journey in UK. At the end on the day where I have travelled from or where I live does not affect the risks when skiing. Carte Neige would be good, but this season I am in both France and Switzerland.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colinstone, I used to use that one as a student doing more mountaineering, so I was at least covered for the essentials! But (as I remember and I've not gone back to check today) it was only rescue, medical etc. Not equipment, cancellation etc, so if you want that, you have to have it in combination with another policy, which I expect will take you over the price you'd have paid for a combined one to start with. (Thanks for the reminder though, I will double check that assumption as it might be a good solution due to the 8 weeks!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another to throw in the pot which was good value - http://www.skiinsurance.co/index.php
They're the company that do Inghams ski insurance, without the rather massive referral fees that Inghams get if you go direct!
Sorted out my trip to Levi- snowmobiling cover has been a bit fiddly, and they've done it for no extra cost.

Edit- the cover was pretty good as well when compared with various other quotes I've had.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy