Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Unusual snow conditions in Australia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Coastal southern Australia has been blanketed in snow in what weather forecasters described today as a " major event ". Snow fell to sea levels for the first time since 1986 in Melbourne and Hobart the capital of Tasmania. Central Victoria was reported to have eight inches. Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After the UK being hit by a tornado, I am inclined to believe anything is possible with the weather.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mark_s, I quite agree! Wouldn't be surprised by any kind of weather now!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mark_s, apparently Britain has one of the highest rates of tornadoes per sq.mile per year in the world. It is just that the vast majority are small and short-lived, unlike the monsters one hears about in the USA. They are a lot more common than people realise, particularly along the south coast where waterspouts are not entirely unheard of.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the ice perv, yes, but combine a tornado that makes it onto the news with earthquakes in the past few years (we don't even live near a plate boundary!), and I'm starting to get a bit...scared
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's a nice photo of the rare low snow in Australia in this report from CBC News.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mark_s, some parts of the UK have a long recorded history of seismic activity. I'm reliably informed by the wife ( a meteorologist) that tornadoes happen on a regular basis in this country, too, just as the ice perv has pointed out. So don't be scared.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy