Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

El Tarter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Michelle wrote:
snowshine, welcome to snowHeads! The chalet Xantal is very close to the lifts at El Tarter. Haven't stayed there, but in a Panorama chalet further up the hill. It's a lovely building right in the centre of the village. I've some photos somewhere

<cough>

I've finally rolling eyes got around to sorting the photos, and realized that I've muxed up the chalets Shocked I was meaning the Xalet, not the Xantal...
you can see my confusion wink
anyway... I've uploaded a couple more of the slopes, to keep you going...: Laughing

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidg wrote:

snowshine/homphomp I can be found in Fat Alberts with my Snowheads on hat most nights !

Very Happy

That brings back memories....I had to be taken to Fat Alberts for alcohol on the last day of my first week of ski school, shaking and terrified I swore I'd never do it again! But hey, I lied! Laughing

I'll be wearing my hat too davidg....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
<cough>

I've uploaded a couple more of the slopes, to keep you going...: Laughing

when were they taken?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
March 2004, rob and sharon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle, wow, thanks for those. Looks absolutely stunning, helps me beat the webcam addiction. Will keep me going but absolutely cannot wait now!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Do you ever get the feeling Fat Alberts was a barn or similar a few years back and Fat Albert converted it into a pub ?

Quite possible, occasionally has a slight cattle market feel so could be the old vibes coming back. Don't care tho, still counting down the days til I can hang my coat back on the horny coatrack (prev patrons will know what I mean)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Has anyone ever used the Cattrack offpiste service above El Tarter. I've seen it on the piste map and I'm very tempted as it looks like a nice safe(ish) way to get into offpiste skiing. My friends and I started playing with a bit of off piste last January around Soldeu and Grau Roig and it was awesome.

On an even more serious off piste note. The grandvalira website www.grandvalira.com says that in the right conditions (I assume this means after a large amount of snowfall, but not so much to make avalanches too likely) one can ski from the top cable car station of the Encamp gondola, down to the halfway station, and that this is a serious 6km unmarked route. Has anyone done this or even know someone who has. It sounds awesome.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul Mason, Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Elvis will not be back this season unless things change, he now has a VERY (2 months premature) small child and feels he needs a change in his life style, he lives less than half a mile from me. Oh there never was an Albert. but yes it was a barn.
Noticed that you will be in the Sport hotel in Feb, our intention is to be around Soldeu at that time, hope to meet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm in the Euroski (down the hill) on 19th feb (12.43 weeks to go..) First stop will be Avalanche & then Fat Alberts with maybe a little sneak into Pussycats while I'm at it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have booked everything except ski pass so ready to hit the slopes on the Monday morning (with the help of a little Resolve). Snow is looking fab on the webcam now. Very excited to point of puddles Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dypcdiver, if you see him pass on our regards - not that he'll remember us but our thoughts are with him !

Definitely meet up for a drink - another snowHeads meet ! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy