Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfers from Grenoble Airport to Chamrousse

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done independent transfers from Grenoble Airport to Chamrousse. Have looked at Transisere Buses who have a website in French and reply to emails in French. From what I can work out they do not depart from the Airport, but maybe from Grenoble, can't quite make it out.

If anyone knows who to use and a rough price, please let me know? Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get a navette from the airport to Grenoble bus station (22 euros return) and then there is a regular service up to the Isere ski resorts from there - about 3/4 euros each way I think.

I don't think there's any private bus transfers to Chamrousse (normally only ADH and L2A); however if there a few of you a taxi (pre-booked) could make sense - friends of mine have done this in the past to get to resort, then used the buses for returning to the airport.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the bus from Grenoble up to Chamrousse was more than 4 euros last Winter (I didn't use it, but I got the impression)

Alternatively, if there's a few of you, and you don't mind driving, a hire car might work better. That's what we decided, flying into Chambery last year for Chamrousse - this was less hassle with all the kit than faffing around on buses, and meant that we could load up at a Super U on the way up, and had the frredom to do so again mid-week, had we felt like it. Lastly, it meant if the snow didn't hold out, we had other options.

I found the tourist office in Chamrousse to be very helpful (particularly when my attempt to pay for our apartment was blocked by our card provider as a fraud alert!), and English was spoken. Perhaps ask them for suggestions? As an aside - if you book accommodation via the tourist office, you get discounts, I think, on ski passes and lessons . . .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your help, have also looked into bensbus who are taking on The Grenoble Airport to Chamrousse as a new transfer this season. early indications are about £40 return.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, It's Ben's Bus here. It is true - we will be running ski transfers to Chamrousse from Grenoble airport this year. Getting from Grenoble Airport to Chamrousse with www.bensbus.co.uk will cost £43pp Rtn, £25pp Sgl with a £3.50 surcharge for Sundays and a £5.50 Surcharge for Weekdays. Hope this helps!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So there's a surcharge every day except Saturday. A surcharge that applies every day is not a surcharge,it's the price.
Looks like the price is 48.50 with a discount on Satuday/Sunday.
We can't be fooled that easily.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well since 90% of the traffic we get is on a Saturday, which makes it difficult to break even on a weekday, we consider it a surcharge. Our prices are pretty clearly presented on the website and we do not hide or play tricks with them. The public bus will cost you about 35EUR with a change at Grenoble Bus station and a long wait for the connection. We are direct and get you there in 1hr 15 minutes. So I think it's pretty good value.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ben's Bus wrote:
Well since 90% of the traffic we get is on a Saturday, which makes it difficult to break even on a weekday, we consider it a surcharge.

in the same way that phone companies talk about 98% coverage that seems like a fair enough interpretation.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy