Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Chamonix Valley 2011/12 snow report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
May see you out there Peter S

Heading out on evening of the 4th May and back on evening of the 7th May. Not sure there will be any powder skiing to be had.... but who cares!! Compared to last season, this is amazing! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A foot of new snow last night at the top of the Montets. Its hard work but rewarding. Heavy snow showers again as we left tonight.

Unfortunately I broke one of my tele boot clips today. I knew I should have got some new ones last season. Oh well. Telemark boots are worn so loose anyway it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Pretty quiet here for the last weekend of the season and only the Montets cable car, Bochard and Mormottons running now till the end of season party on Tuesday. The theme, apparently, is cowboys snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter S, Alien cowboys?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More new snow today but only around 10-15cm at the top of GM.

Visibility there was probably 50 metres at most when I was there around 12:30pm. It was still snowing lightly all the way down to ust above the top of the Herse Chair.

Had my WD Redeemers on today which made things A LOT easier than my Atomic SL 165s I had on yesterday Smile

Last day of the winter season for me tomorrow so hopefully will have a bit more sunshine around to take advantage of the conditions off the top of GM.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, the bigger and fatter right now the better. The offpiste is rather wet below about 2500m but skiable with effort. Managed 5,500 m of vertical today. The on piste was much better than yesterday and it was slightly cool but God my quads and gluets are feeling it. Sadly a bit of an end of season feeling here.

Tomorrow is our last day. Boo hoo Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great day on the GM today. Got the first lift up and had three runs from the top. Once down Point de Vue which was fantastic until the end of the main moguls area (no moguls there now though) where the snow off piste was quite sketchy and the on piste was quite icy.
Two runs down Pylones were fantastic right under the GM lift until the top of the Herse chair where the conditions became quite challenging off piste again.

To have fresh turns from lift accessed off piste at the beginning of May has been quite something!

All in all, a great end to an incredible 2011/12 season! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing still available in Cham Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy