Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS / Swiss side problems

Poster: A snowHead
Not good news from the Morgins side; all new developments put on ice

Quote:
tous les projets découlant de cette procédure, notamment le
TSD des Bochasses, restent gelés.

Quote:
le TSD des Bochasses ne peut être réalisé

http://www.telemorgins.ch/tmsa_files/555823-Communiqu%C3%A9_de_presse_7_septembre_2011.pdf

Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone care to translate?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder, who cares?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

who cares?

Anyone reading a ski forum who has an interest in the Portes du Soleil perhaps?

Quote:

who cares?

We could post that response to every thread on this forum if we chose to do so - but we don't as (incredible as it may seem on a skiing forum) snowHead are often interested in the topic being discussed wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I read BCjohnny's post as a tongue in cheek response to the wording of the previous one, rather than displaying a callous disregard for the acute disappointment no doubt felt by those who had hoped to ride the new TSD this coming winter. wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it says...

Dear Friends, Dear Clients and Partners
10 years ago that the principle of comprehensive planning was imposed following a ruling of the Federal Court. This agreement negotiated at length resulted in a bold outline, subject to the public.
The new zoning plan was ratified October 8, 2009 by executives of four municipalities (Monthey, Troistorrents, Val-d'Illiez, Champéry), freezing and consensus development among municipalities, ski lifts and welfare organizations of nature, for the next 15 years.
After several votes and much heated debate, the four legislative accepted this principle March 1, 2010. Of this public consultation, ten appeals against the territories and Troistorrents Champéry were confirmed.
To advance in this case, the new Board of Directors and our local authorities have embarked on to swiftly conclude the registration process with state services, the objective of being able to start the construction of the chairlift Boche again this summer.
At its meeting of 24 August deadline with the manufacturers, the Government of Valais has not made a decision regarding the approval of the overall planning of the Portes du Soleil, which is therefore not yet entered into force. De facto, all projects resulting from this procedure, including TSD Boche, remain frozen.
Indeed, several appeals from private in the town of Champéry still hamper global approval.
We are therefore faced with a paradox: To date, changes in the ski resort of Morgins-Troistorrents not have more opponents, but the Boche SDT can not be achieved, since it depends on the overall approval this new area plan. Champéry, yet within the scope of several appeals, was able to replace three devices, which are consistent with the terms of existing areas, let alone on existing paths.
Therefore, in view of the foregoing risks, as well as deficits in terms of image and revenue that we face, the Board of Directors Télémorgins took the following provisions: Continuation of the proposed link-Morgins-Champoussin The Crosets Alternative for Huns by replacing a chairlift on the current route, removing the file in autumn 2011 Variant for the replacement of the current route Foilleuse and reorganization of the reception area downstream and upstream, removing the file in autumn 2011
The inertia of this case compels us thus we determine all the above options. In parallel, the overall approval of the Portes du Soleil remains a goal.
We regret this situation that our clients are the victims for too long. We take this opportunity to thank them for their patience and loyalty.
Please accept our total dedication to carry out these files to their success and give back to Morgins and Champoussin the place they deserve in the fabulous Portes du Soleil.
TELEMORGINS SA
The Board of Directors
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
prick_with_sticks, ain't Google great? wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
harrisontherabbit, and it still doesn't say anything wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
harrisontherabbit, its my finest invention Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sharkymark, It says that there is nothing to say. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Swiss 'green' people are going to ruin the ski industry, they really cant be doing tourism much good, add the mad exchange rate to it doesnt make sense to ski there. Morgins also lost an appeal for a new DH bike track for this summer (hardly and environmental impact!), they were almost stopped from building the 4X bike track for the Champery MTB World Champs. Madness!

Meanwhile, Chatel has replaced the Rochassons lift out of Pre la Joux with a lovely new 6 seater (pre la joux and Linga dont have a single slower lift in existence now!). Les Crosets has something going in on the ridge between the Muir de Suisse and the Mosette so there is still some sort of progress on the swiss side.

I heard Torgon were at risk of no longer being a part of the PDS, last season was very bad there though with the generally warmer temp and high snowline. They need big investment to stay, but probably wouldn't be allowed even if the money was available!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Amusing that Google has translated "Bochasses" as "Boche" and "Huns"! Not much political correctness there then...

R555MAC is right, the greens (most of whom live in the industrialised, german speaking north) have been d*cking about holding up new lifts etc for years, but the additional problem especially with the new Morgins/Champoussin lift as I understand it, is that it passes through four "communes" and over the land of numerous families.

The gist of this seems to be that they are looking to replace Bochasses and Foilleuse with new lifts on the same line as the existing ones (no problem there, in fact there is nothing wrong with Bochasses as it is) and pressing on with the new lift.

For some reason Champery/Crosets do not seem to be affected by this paralysis, and Chatel of course is in France where they do what they like and argue about it afterwards.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep, its a shame for the Swiss side. Corsets dont seem to be having a problem at all, bewtween Crosets and Champery including the Grand Paradis lift they have done a lot of work in recent years.

The current mayor here in Chatel is great. He has invested lots in to the biking and skiing. Hence why Pre la Joux was one of the few areas last season that was skiable to the closing date, plenty of snow cannons. There are a lot more cannons now aswell that have gone in over the summer even on the higher pistes aswell as some widening of pistes. From the sound of things the long awaited lifts to link Linga and Super Chatel are due to go up next summer...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
R555MAC, Where will the Linga and Super Chatel connection be? Will it still involve a bus ride? When they can solve the Morgins village walk and the Linga and Chatel yomps they will have a great connected system!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Roy Hockley, The connection is via a chair above Lac de Vonnes up to Super Chatel and also to pistes leading down to the bottom of Linga. The piste is pretty well already there. Should be a nice improvement. More detail in the mayors bulletin http://www.mairiedechatel.fr/fr/actualites-commune-de-chatel-haute-savoie/25-bulletin-municipal/25-bulletin-municipal-numero-1-mairie-chatel.html click on La Capite à l'Outeu n°5 and go to page 8/9

Couldn't agree more with R555MAC - the current mayor has been really good for the village. There have been problems of one sort or another on the Swiss side for years and no solution in sight. Hope they get the Torgon thing sorted - the skiing from Petit Chatel over to Torgon and then on to La Chapelle is a bit of a hidden gem (oops shouldnt have mentioned that!).
snow report
Have they still got those dreadful cannot remember whether they were pomas or T-bars above the Morgins/Chatel chairlift and has anyone bothered to put any snowmaking on the rather nasty path from Chatel down to Morgins or do you generally have to download on the chair into Morgins unless it has snowed recently? Really wrecks Morgins as what would otherwise be quite a good destination when coupled with the issues referred to above.

Delighted to hear that Linga and Super Chatel are due to be linked - that horrible uphill walk from the bus car park to the gondola station......................
snow conditions
countryman, thats 'Chalet Neuf'. It has a pretty slow double button up with one steeper section.
From the peak down into Morgins, I have not seen any work going on there, except they are still building chalet up chalet without a hitch in Morgins, where you cant build a bike track! Mental!! Anyways, no that linking piste has had nothing done with it, it really needs it aswell, the exposure to the sun ruins it.

To be honest though, I dont ski Super Chatel and Morgins at all. I will normally ski from Linga towards Pre La Joux and maybe then towards Chavanette. Linga had probably one of the best pistes last season from start to end, the main red run was in great condition for most of the season. Linga also had the best off piste I skied in the PDS last season in La Leiche bowl. It was deep and stable, also the traverse in was a mess (super tight and bumpy, required plenty of 1 ski action!) so that kept other people away!

DJL, DJL, Yeah, I hope Torgon do something, they are nice runs great little off piste bit under the 4 seater chair aswell. I used to ski from either Panthiaz or go to Cret Beni during school holidays get away from the crowds and still get awesome skiing in! Now I am always stuck teaching though, which to be fair when its so busy anyways is pretty decent!
ski holidays
For the first time in memory (over 20 years) I didn't ski down to Morgins this season. Had a couple of days when we were on the upper section without heading right to the village. There's some nice skiing there but as R555MAC, says it gets killed by the sun and this year was really dire. As our apartment is in Petit Chatel the best way to do a full circuit is to go up from Barbossine and head over to Chalet Neuf then down and through Morgins - short walk if the snow is thin but after a big dump you only need to take skis off to cross the road by the tourist office - then your'e away round the Swiss side.
snow conditions
The piste down from Super Chatel to Morgins is always a nightmare, not sure what they can do about it though ... might help if the bottom bit was widened out rather than funnelling everyone down a ten foot wide path covered in sheet ice. In conditions like that i like to leave a big gap between myself and the person in front, (I'm not small and I take a lot of stopping) but it is so crowded there that it isnt possible.

I like to do a circuit up through Morgins to Chatel, Linga, Plaine Dranse, Lindarets, Mossettes, Crosets and back to Champoussin. Wouldn't dream of doing it in the other direction though because of having to ski the aforementioned piste late in the day.
snow conditions
DJL, You are much more lucky than me! I have only been able to ski through Morgins on one occasion. Here's hoping this year I can make it a second! Bring on the snow!! I saw a dusting in Avoriaz last week but no doubt it has melted away into the Evian factory!! Saw the proposed link between Linga and Super Chatel, looks good cant wait to be able to use it! Has there been a completion date set?
latest report
Quote:
who cares?

Me for sure, being pretty friendly with a couple of business owners in the village, having been many times over the past 10 years and that my first proper sight of anything ski related was the veiw that hits you as you pop out at the top of the rickety old la Foilleuse chair towards the Dents du Midi - something I will never forget - needless to say I've been totally hooked ever since.

Even so we've been considering an alternative venue for the main 'boys' trip this coming season after the poor snow and ridiculous exchange rate of Jan this year.
latest report
Snow Hound,

"after the poor snow"

What makes you think that poor snow last season suggests poor snow this season in any way?
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
Snow Hound,

"after the poor snow"

What makes you think that poor snow last season suggests poor snow this season in any way?

God's already texted me about the snow in PDS this coming season wink . I hope its a bumper winter and I think its unlikely to be as bad last season. Its just that the snow in Jan provided the impetus to really start thinking about going somewhere else for a change.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy