Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets ski school for kids

Poster: A snowHead
We are skiing in Les Gets in January and we are looking for ski school recommendations for the nippers please.

Been to La Tania last few years and been very pleased with Magic in Motion. Charlie, our eldest (will be 8 in Dec) had a week with ESF prior to MIM and preferred the latter although we didn't have any of the ESF horrors that I have read about on here in fairness.

2012 will be his 5th week on skis althought he first week in St Anton didn't really count. He was 3 yrs and 2 wks and could just about snow plough by the end of it but enjoyed the experience nevertheless. This year will be Chloe's second week.

This clip will give you an idea of their abilities if you can bear the tedium of watching someone else's video and photos...!

http://youtube.com/v/a5eeR3BX5d0

So, in summary we are looking for the Les Gets equivalent to MIM or something along those lines. Interested to hear your experiences, positive and (hopefully not too many) negative.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Tyke,
Good reports from Les Gets Ski School: http://www.skischool.co.uk/
BASS - http://www.britishskischool.com/index.html
and our grand-daughter had a good time with 360 - www.ecoledeski360.com and so have neighbours children and other friends.
She also survived two weeks with ESF when she was 4 with none of the reluctance and crying that I have heard reported sometimes - I just booked her with 360
for the second trip as the classes are so much smaller and she made much more progress.

If its your first trip to Les Gets then I hope you have a good time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Tyke, BASS.

Next question?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We also use ecoledeski360.com - but in Samoens. Nice people, good English, small class sizes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We also use ecoledeski360.com - but in Samoens. Nice people, good English, small class sizes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pamski, first time staying in Les Gets. Skiied there from Morzine a number of times but not since 2006. Looking forward to getting back in the PDS...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski, thanks for the info as well...! Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Tyke, BASS are good but expensive (based on the last time I looked) so value for money might not be great. I have heard good things about 360. He might end up with older kids if he goes with ESF, which my eldest found hard. Not because she does not get on with older kids but she was 9 and was in a group of 11 and 12 year old boys who were heavier and therefore faster so she struggled to keep up.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My daughter has done both ESF (aged "8") and Ecole 360 (aged 9). Ecole 360 is infinitely better.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sbirring, definitely agree on this. We will bypass ESF for the next grandchild - although Katie was absolutely fine with them the classes were bigger and so progress slower - but she was quite happy. She is a very self assured American who doesn't seem bothered by people speaking other languages - its all 'other languages' to her even if English - 'I am the only American in the class' she would say.

As far as BASS is concerned we have friends in Morzine who have used BASS for their grandsons and been very happy - we seem to have great trouble actually communicating with BASS as it seems to be very much 'online' booking - and sometimes you do want to talk to someone. The Les Gets ski school - LGS, and particularly Tim Scott, are really good and easy to deal with.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try LGS for sure: www.skischool.co.uk !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Tyke, We are going over x-mas and have booked with BASS. I found them the most responsive and professional of the schools we contacted. We have 5 kids in our group including X2 just under 4 who will be having 1st lessons and will be on their Teeny Tot Beginner Course. In fact it was the Teeny Tot course that was the main reason for booking with them...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
www.ecoledeski360.com used them right from the start for all of us and can recommend. (Boys have the odd private lesson now with a guy there who we have got to know but have done all their levels via their group lessons).

That said wink we (the adults) have had the odd private lesson with LGS who are quite a bit more expensive but very good. In fact, the boys are having a lesson with them at Christmas. This will be part of their Christmas present although they don't know that yet Toofy Grin

Even in off-peak you will need to get on with booking especially for LGS. We paid a deposit for them for our Dec lesson back in March Shocked

If you want to book private lessons with 360 I can give you a couple of instructor suggestions. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everybody. Will check out LGS, 360 and BASS for prices and availability. Looks like there's not much to choose between them in terms of positive experiences by you guys. At least there's nobody saying avoid xxxx at all costs which is reassuring!

Bring on the snow!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1556garyt wrote:
Ski Tyke, We are going over x-mas and have booked with BASS. I found them the most responsive and professional of the schools we contacted. We have 5 kids in our group including X2 just under 4 who will be having 1st lessons and will be on their Teeny Tot Beginner Course. In fact it was the Teeny Tot course that was the main reason for booking with them...

I have used BASS twice, and was very pleased with them. Really helpful great people, and great with the children.
latest report
Ski Tyke, My daughter has had lessons with both BASS and LGS. We have always used BASS when staying in Morzine but when we went to Les Gets in March we found that BASS couldn't accommodate her during term time (naughty parents! Happy ) as they couldn't guarantee enough children of her level to fill a class. The long and short of it was that we got her booked onto a course with LGS and they were excellent and every bit as good as BASS in terms of teaching. She had Tim Scott as her instructor and he was great with the kids. My husband and I also had Tim for a lesson one afternoon and enjoyed that immensely too. The other bonus with LGS is that the lessons for my daughter's standard were 3 hours, not 2. That is probably my only gripe with BASS as I don't feel their lessons are *quite* long enough.
snow report
My family run a chalet in Les Gets so I've been there a lot, when guests ask about lessons we always recommend ESF, nothing but top class reports back, I've even had a few sessions myself and they've been very good.
snow report
Can't say I've heard many recommendations for ESF in Les Gets but haven't heard any horror stories either (apart from the ridiculously large groups in peak times which would put me off, especially with young children). My only experience was two beginner friends who couldn't get lessons with 360 and had private lessons. The instructors were good on two consecutive years. Problems occured at payment time in the office when the staff there were surly & rude over a dispute in prices. I noticed there was a nice new office going in over the summer, so the staff should be much happier now Very Happy

Anyway, welcome to snowHeads adamj11 snowHead
snow report
1556garyt, just booked our grandchildren with Bass over Christmas, little chap in the Teeny Tots, will be first time on skis and 4 in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately he misses the first day as we are not arriving till 20th, the day the course starts.
Granddaughter who is 7 and has skied twice before in a 'happy on blues' or something similar sounding, and likewise misses the first day. We are going to have to be sharp down to the ski hire shop to sort out her boots and skis for the 9.15 start.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy