Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying new gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently using fairly cheap snowboard gear, and I have a bit of disposable income, so I'm going to be buying new snowboard gear. I've already bought boots: 04/05 Vans BFB, size 11, and off the hill they seem great. So I'm going to be buying a new board and new bindings. I've narrowed my choices down, but if you guys have tried any of these products, please let me know what you think of them with a reply in this thread. Btw I'm 6' on the dot and 170 - 175 lbs, and I'm looking for a board that will pretty much do everything, with a bigger emphasis on freeriding (including trees and moguls, so I need a turny setup), and less of an emphasis on rails and pipe.

Possible boards:
Rome Anthem 04/05 - 158 or 161
Option Signature 04/05 - 160
Neversummer Premier 04/05 - 159 or 161
Neversummer Titan 04/05- 160

Possible bindings:
Rome Targa 05/06 (I'd be very surprised if anyone's tried these, but you never know Smile )
Burton P1 04/05
Burton P1 Carbon 04/05
Technine MFM Pro 04/05
Salomon SPX7 04/05
Flow Pro 11 FR 04/05
Flow Pro S FR 04/05

Any reviews/opinions would be greatly appreciated Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get the bindings that fit your boots the best! This is an absolute must! Ideally wide ankle straps are comfy too...

161 sounds like a good sized board for you, ask in the shop about which has the greatest rigidity, torsional rigidity and about what base they have. Or go with the one with the best graphics. Those in the same price range generally offer something similar. I reckon going for a wide versin of one of them is good though because of your foot size, you could take your boots in to the shop and check you dont have too much overhang before you fork out cash as this can be very very very annoying
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ponder, I had a Never Summer Legacy till it was nicked it was a lovely responsive board and not too heavy even for a wide'n I have heard that both NS and Option are made in the same moulds but with slightly different construction. Dragon Lodge at Tigne have been using an abusing Options for years and they survive very well. I've a Bataleon now and it's incredibly strong and heavy but too much for my boogered leg strength so I'm going back to something lighter and softer to ride possibly another NS.

If you've not used Flows, don't buy till you've tried, they seem to be love or hate. I love the control, but they screw with the bad leg again and last years models were twice the weight of my 'Rides'. I've never seen nor heard of the Rome Targa but I'll be interested to hear what you end up buying

Don't get me wrong, heavy board and bindings make things nice and stable but big inertial masses can make any airtime you want a HUGE effort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, I wouldn't like to comment on whether or not your signature has the correct spelling this time, what is the translation? The smilie is more appropriate though!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, And there was I thinking you weren't an idle mare . . . such a disappointment Sad

PM Nad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, Well I did try and translate it on google but I only managed to get the first word translated into either by way, footpath or track, so . . . Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, Very good, just got it Laughing you b*****d Twisted Evil and I PM'd Nade Embarassed touche
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course I'll bring my boots in when trying the bindings, but I'll only be able to try them in store, not on the hill Sad
Masque, other than the weight, what do you think of your Bataleon? The triple base thing intrigues me, does it make much of a difference? And if so, positive or negative?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ponder, It's beautifully stable on anything but ice where if you're trying to idle back along a slick green you'll be picking up your teeth from the edge of the run. You have to edge (ride) it all the time and you have to put a little more body language into your movements, but get it right and it's sooo stable and grippy. I'm really not strong enough yet to push it hard and I don't know if I'll ever be so you'll have to read this with that in mind.

It's a complete pain to wax but I've moved to Zardoz so that's not such an issue. Getting the base ground may be a prob. and edge angles are still to be played with.

You need to spend a day on the hill in Flows before you plonk your cash over the counter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, despite how much the concept of Flows appeal to me, I'm thinking I should probably stay away from them without a trial run. The Rome bindings are looking pretty good to me, but who knows, I'll have to see what people are saying after they've been out for a bit longer, and how they feel with my boots. Here's the Rome bindings I'm considering:
http://tightboards.com/shopping/products/06_rome_targa_binding.asp
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ponder, Coo, expensive, not sure about the leather though. I used to climb in leather boots and they weren't nice when wet and cold.

Fox has posted this thread http://www.cupolosports.com/snowboards1.html that might be of use.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi

I have had a Never Summer Premier for the past 3 seasons and I only have praise for them. They are built like a tank, my friends have destroyed their boards riding with me and mine has only a few nicks that I've pteked. It weights a ton plus the Flows dont help matters. It's quite stiff so it's not the best board for tricks but at high speed (60+kpm thanks GPS Happy it's stable.

I have last 2002 flows f11. They are cool but I am thinking of trying straps for a while myself. Have to upgrade boots first though

Have fun

D
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy