Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

single, spare slalom skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am a disabled skier sking a mono sitski. I am getting into the racing side of things and looking forward to a winters training.
I know a lot of you on here race and with that comes the risk that sometimes you mess up and skis get broken, but it is only normally one. So do you have a single ski, sitting in a garage or shed somewhere, probally that you are never going to use but havent got round to getting rid of?

I am begging for a decient slalom ski. Ideally it would be something like a 165 salamon 3vlab, or something of simular stiffness.

Anyone out there able to help me, it would make a huge difference to me

ann
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads ajl338.

Have you considered contacting some of the distributors directly? There's every chance they'll let you have one from a warranty claim.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will check the basement and let you know. 2 seasons ago I managed to "cut" out 3cm of edge from one ski, and broke one ski on tail. Now I need to check if it was same ski, and I discarded just one and kept second one, or I got rid of both. To be honest, I don't remember, but will check. I have no idea if they would be too stiff for you or not (it's about Fischer Worldcup SL skis, which were used for season by one of top 15 WC guys, and another season by me), but if I still have it, it won't hurt if you try it... even if you just throw it away later on.
I will let you know tomorrow, since I really don't feel like go searching today... sorry Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a set of 08/09 Head SLs. One of them has a big delam at the tip that I put rivets in to keep together other one is fine.
Raced on for a season then I picked them up and used them for a few dryslope races and some freeskiing on snow.
Not a great deal of edge left and I dont know how they'd compare to 3vlabs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robo-06, Hi where are you based?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aberdeen/shire. Will be around edinburgh and glasgow all of next week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have they got "Intelligence Technology"? If so they dont seem to work for a sitski as i cant get the back not to slide out, a few of us have tried so it isnt just me!. If not i am interested.

ann
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajl338, hi ann,
no slalom ski I'm afraid but I do have a single 182 Salomon Shogun in near perfect condition if you know anyone looking for an off-piste-ish ski for a sit ski / one legger. Did email Disability Snowsport UK a while back but no response...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They do have "Intelligence Technology". Passed them onto a friend today so they're gone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy