Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes trip 14 days skiing, driving out. 03/12/11 looking for people.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK Here is the idea, a pre Xmas early start to your Ski season!

Trip to Tignes for 2 weeks - 14 Days on the piste.

Date - 03/12/11 - 17/12/11

Transport - Driving out large estate car (take your skis! at no extra cost)

Accommodation - Good Size Self Catering Apartment properly sleeps 6 - 1 double bedroom 1 bedroom with 4 bunks, 2 bathrooms, lounge/dining room with tv and DVD player, kitchen with cooking facilities and washing machine dishwasher etc. 2 balconies, Good location in Lavachet, above paquis lift so almost ski in/out, Ski storage in building, next to bars, shops and bus stops. No pull out beds, with 4 people in the lounge!!

So the idea is get a car full of 4 people cram it with ski gear, drive from the midlands (where I live) to Dover, pick up on the way or meet up in the midlands and drive down, leaving your car at my place. This would be after work on the Friday night, jump on the ferry (early hours Sat morning) and drive to Tignes to be there Sat evening (stopping along the way at Bourg St Maurice to do some food and drink shopping). Spend 14 days Skiing in one of the most awesome snow sure areas in the Alps. Pack up the car on Sat 17/12/11 and ski all day. Sat evening drive to Calais for early hours Sunday am ferry, back to the Midlands for Sunday afternoon.

Sounds expensive .. I can tell what you are thinking... well here goes.

The cost per person based on 4 people would be about £350 each

4 would be better as it would be less cramped in the car with all the gear, we could fit 5 in the car but I think it would be a bit of a squeeze and only make about £50 each difference, I would be driving so I would not be the one with bags on their lap if we did have 5 people, anyway.

This includes.

Travel costs - Equally Shared between everyone including tolls and fuel.
Ferry Costs - Equally shared between everyone (same price for 5 occupants as one)
Accommodation - 2 weeks in Apartment including bedding/electricity costs.

This does NOT include.

Food - we could either shop as a group and share the costs eating in or do your own thing, eat out all the time.
Ski Pass - a 14 day Espace Killy whole area pass before is about 400 euros.
Ski Hire - I can suggest places I have used in the past who are good and reasonably priced or ideally bring your own gear as we are going by car.

I have no great preference about the group dynamics as it is a ski trip and that is the common aim to ski for 14 days!

If anyone is interested then let me know asap and I can explore it further.
I have been to Tignes 3 times before over the last 2 years so know the area and love it, so if you have not been before ask me anything you want to know and I can probably help.
I drove to Tignes last New Year for a week but 2 weeks would be even better.

Cheers

Paul.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Sounds Ideal, but whats the snow cover that early? Also the lifts passes don't seem to start till he 17th?

Ziggy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ziggy

Well the Espace Killy resort is high with 2 glaciers. The Tignes glacier opens on oct 1st (the webcams are showing there has been a small snowfall this week) and the espace killy ski area opens on 26th Nov.
Obviously you never know how much snow there will be early on, but in recent years it has been good before xmas.
I must admit I am a little confused about the lift passes, but I am sure it is just a mistake on the web site.
The passes should be cheaper from nov till 17th Dec but there is nothing detailed, last year they were 390 Euros at that time and I see that they are showing as 440 Euros for 17-12 onwards so I would expect them to be about 400 Euros.

Paul.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

This sounds awesome and I have been looking to go on a ski trip before the new year as I am planning on doing my Basi level 2. Just wondering if there are still any spaces left as I am very interested. Also where will you be buying your ski pass from?

David
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulshutt, Hi Paul, just wanted to ask you if this is going ahead or not. Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy