Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Piste Names

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, I am trying to locate details of lift names and piste names and grade (green, blue, red or black) for the runs in Plagne 1800. Obviously there are piste maps with lift names but for piste details I am struggling.

Perhaps someone actually knows the piste names and grades going into Plagne 1800.

And the various lift names of the top of your heads.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you think of La Plagne 1800 as a longitudanal valley with Plagne Centre above it and up to the right at the high end
using the Melezes lift to get you up and out of the valley. The lower end finishes at the 1800 lift, which takes you up to the Golf lift to take you up to Aime 2000. Or you can ski back down towards Montalbert or indeed the two pistes back down to 1800.
There are no pistes out of the lower end. (The development of Crete Cote has no pistes serving it)Additionally La Plgne 1800 is particularly well served by the free ski bus routes.

From Plagne centre under the road called Les Mines gets Icy and is usually manmade has a chicken run to one side. Mainly under the Melezes lift. Marked Blue.

From just below Aime 2 k Jean Marie and Lovatiere lovely wide open pistes with a nice restaurant however piste bridge near the top can get very brown and icy. Both end at the Melezes lift. Marked Blue

From Aime 2k Crete Cote was a red now a black gets overused and closed quite often. Under the 1800 lift.

Little side track off of the Andre Marztolf piste called Farandole marked as a Red easy access back to the 1800 chair BUT needs good snow cover to be in use.

The piste linking the Meleze lift down through the village to the 1800 lift is marked Green

Most info taken from here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/PisteMap.htm
and
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Slopes.htm#B
and
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Skilifts.htm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfin, just the job. Thank you very much for your time and effort in the response to my query.

Are you all set for the season? Not long to go!!!

Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
roche1800, Yep just the excitement and uncertainty of SAP managing to make their website work on the due date or a couple of weeks later to buy the proprietors annual passes, and then of course the first decent fall of snow and then pack the car and then be on the first lift of the new season Toofy Grin

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 19-09-11 8:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsufing, this contact may be of some help - aplp3@wanadoo.fr

Her name is Veronique Jouannic and sorts out owners ski passes (with the prop discount).

I tend to email the photo of the person wanting a season pass and give her debit card/credit card details and hey-ho it all gets done and pass arrives in the post at home in uk.

Hope it helps.

The good old French must wake up in late November or even mid December and go "Oh dear, we must update our websites for the forthcoming season which starts soon . . . " Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
roche1800, Thanks, but I'm all registered up with SAP they just re authorise the passes but they have to remember to tun on the website to take the money, as you say the new season takes them by surprise each year Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, ok!

Interesting, would you be able to tell me the discount you are entitled too!

May bump into at some point. Guess you will be the one wearing red english rose!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Cool Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oops bump into YOU!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roche1800, Laughing Yep, it's all above board and now due to some EU regs has to be publicly available it is shown for a short time on www.edenski.com BUT is processed through another SAP website.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, maybe missing something, been on edenski and registered but unable to find a season pass rate!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roche1800, Its only shown for October and November ifirc and then links to this if you are registered http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/IntroFlash.aspx
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfin, I suppose where I am trying to get to is the amount of discount you are entitled to?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roche1800, as a proprietor I think it's in the region of 20% as a business owner seasonal employee or permanent resident I believe other rates apply Very Happy I'm not entitled so have never bothered to find out what the other rates are.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Biredsurfin, just as a helpful pointer, the way I do mine is 30% discount!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
roche1800, yes I understand there is a scheme for owners that let out their property (business owners) to get more discount (up to 100%) based on a points system for lettings achieved through a nominated letting agency and number of full price passes purchased by guests.
Not forgetting the difference between annual and season passes of course wink
latest report
Just had a look at the pistmap http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/PisteMap.htm and notice that the two black runs from the Traversee chair lift to the chair below col de la chiaupe have disappeared. What happened to them?

They were usually the only reason I would come over from Les Arcs.

John
snow report
Boredsurfing, I wish to make it known that purely as an owner I am entiitled to around 30% and maybe you are, as it seems I get a bigger discount through APLP as opposed to you using SAP. Purely as an owner and nothing based on business, lettings etc. It maybe worth sending an email. Cheers.
ski holidays
johnE, They are now umarked un patrolled itinaries. For the 2012/2013 season the Traversee chair is being replaced with a 4 man chair, which may suggest that they my be opened as pistes again? The traversee chair is certainly due for replacement!
ski holidays
JohnE, where are thgey located, I better with locations than names!!
latest report
Head up the Bellecote and take the chairlift at the top of the telecabine. Almost as high as you can go in the resort. This tiny chairlift goes almost horizontally and finishes almost at the Bellecote glacier. From the exit of this lift there used to be 3 runs: a red to the midstation of the telecabine and two blacks to the chair lift below that.
The routes are visible on the piste map but do not have pistes marked. It used to be possible to continue down to where the La Plagne Vanoise Express station. From more or less the highest point of the resort to one of the lowest was a worthy expedition of about 1500m vertical

John
snow report
johnE, right I see where you are.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy