Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter sports Insurance for performers ... any ideas?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for winter sports insurance as an athlete and the only one I have found at the moment is in excess of £500 - has anyone got any suggestions to keep the budget down?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We also had a strange insurance cover requirement for skiing and out of all the places we looked at the POST OFFICE was the best

Also I notice who sponsors you let us know if we can help out in any way.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello Emily,
TJ and the rest of the Alpine team are using FOGG again this season. It's the only one with Worldwide cover, which gives enough days on snow and World cup level cover. Yes it was over £500 - ouch!
Hope the pre season training is going well?
TJ and rest of the speed team had a great training camp in Chile.
(TJ's Dad)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had Snowcard for the last few years, I go back to the UK for Christmas/New Year and half term anyway so manage to stay within their cheapest single trip limit. I just get European cover.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi TJ's Dad!

Yeah the FOGG insurance is so expensive and I know the telemark team found something which was less than half the price. Just trying to save as many pennies as possible so looking for options. Training is going well, but I can't believe how quickly the winter is coming round!

Live to ski
I will have a look now at post office!

Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Emily Sarsfield,
Quote:

I will have a look now at post office!

we had to ring them and discuss but they were actually pretty good, a combination of trade skiing and medical conditions, they were by far the cheapest, or get in touch with the guys at snowsafe.co.uk and speak to daniel, you never know Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This has suprised me...

Is it solely down to the individual to find a deal for themselves in Insurance?

Would it not make sense for the Governing body to do a deal with an Insurance Company, to cover all Individuals who are representing our Country...or isn't it as simple as that?

Having said that...just checked Snowsport England and they do Insurance for Performance Athletes up to FIS Standard. I presume you would have checked here...Is it not a good deal?

http://www.snowsportenglandinsurance.com/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spud, good idea, that policy is pretty new and i think only launched a few months ago and uses the same insurers as the BASI policy that would also be worth reviewing.

Emily Sarsfield, might be worth a look at the BASI one as well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Emily Sarsfield wrote:
Looking for winter sports insurance as an athlete and the only one I have found at the moment is in excess of £500 - has anyone got any suggestions to keep the budget down?

Cheers

Yeah I'm looking for sports travel insurance policy with a good discount.Where I can get?????????
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud,

Yeah it probably would be good for a blanket policy but i am unsure how this works. The Governing body have identified an insurer but it is just v expensive and obviously down to individuals to pay for it and arrange it etc, hence the reason im shopping around to save as much cash for actually racing as possible!

The Snowsport England one looks good but the trip duration will catch me out as only 62 day max length.

The BASI one sounds too good to be true! It says it covers FIS, so hopefully this will be sufficient!?

Thanks for your help,

Emily
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Emily Sarsfield, the basi one was done so that people can work in both hemispheres and defo covers for ET training and FIS so should be a good one for you...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Emily Sarsfield wrote:
spud,

Yeah it probably would be good for a blanket policy but i am unsure how this works. The Governing body have identified an insurer but it is just v expensive and obviously down to individuals to pay for it and arrange it etc, hence the reason im shopping around to save as much cash for actually racing as possible!

The Snowsport England one looks good but the trip duration will catch me out as only 62 day max length.

The BASI one sounds too good to be true! It says it covers FIS, so hopefully this will be sufficient!?

Thanks for your help,

Emily

Yes... I also noticed the 62 day maximum length. Perhaps you need to call them to arrange further cover.

I've not looked at the BASI one yet. I now will do.

I need to get a seasons Insurance cover that will cover me for taking my Ski Instructors Course in Canada and for Masters Racing. I've been told to expect to pay approx £250.

BMC also have individual policies that cover Alpine Racing. Maybe worth investigating. Good luck with the forthcoming season. Hope it goes well...

http://thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/Policies.aspx#alpine
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud, i think you get a discount against the headline price if your a basi member but you have to log into your basi account to see the prices....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got a quote on the BASI one for a Seasons cover Single trip, (DEC to MAY) to include Race training and it came in at well over £600 Shocked Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret wrote:
spud, i think you get a discount against the headline price if your a basi member but you have to log into your basi account to see the prices....

I'm not a BASI member. Going through the Canadian system. Maybe i should check their Insurance out...Doh! Laughing
latest report
spud, All the GB team members have to pay their own insurance. They also have to pay for their own FIS racing licence at £150 a year plus their own medical insurance at around £600 a year. All in all it costs just over £1300 for insurance and licence to race for Team GB!!! Then there's all the other costs too. But that's another story!
latest report
Plugboy wrote:
spud, All the GB team members have to pay their own insurance. They also have to pay for their own FIS racing licence at £150 a year plus their own medical insurance at around £600 a year. All in all it costs just over £1300 for insurance and licence to race for Team GB!!! Then there's all the other costs too. But that's another story!

I can understand Individuals paying for their own Insurance, especially if someone has an ongoing medical condition or prone injury.

However... I still don't understand why the Governing body can't get a bulk reduced rate, for the team overall. Giving that Insurance company some advertising space on team gear etc.

Ski Insurance is big business. Getting a company as a Sponser may be worth considering. Getting their name on Gear, then in mags and on the TV would be a worthwhile investment imho.

Maybe your lad could approach some Insurance companys with that idea. £1300 a year isn't a lot to shell out for National advertising.
ski holidays
Got my insurance through the Ski Club of G.B. for a touch over 100e covers Europe only for Racing and Training but fed in the details for worldwide,365days includin travel,baggage,racing,training (executive policy) and it's coming out at £376.49 - might be worth looking at to see if it suits.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy