Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London Ski Show Tickets

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any tickets for the London ski show to give away yet? Or have any discount codes? Looking to go on the Wednesday.

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone posted a discount code on SnowboardclubUK here: http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-47309.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Mudkicker - just tried it and it only gets £1 off (£5 off the door price) - any others spotted anywhere that get a better deal?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What are the dates for the show..?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mac22, 19-23 Oct Earls Court (bet loads of people pitch up at Olympia Laughing )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
still waiting for better deal!
Will keep you updated .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There were loads of free tickets floating round last year - where are they all?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we 'won' two tickets from the daily mail, still waiting though!!!! Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, Hadn't noticed that, bet I'd have pitched up at Olympia
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I make a point of not going unless I snare a free ticket from somewhere. Cornish pastie/ Wild Boar Sausage vendors better get looking at finding me a comp if they want my patronage sustained!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SCGB is offering free weekday tickets to members - though looks like the numbers are more limited this year
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fatbob,
Indeed, why should you pay to get in just for people to try and sell you something?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowsteve, ...I'll be there...looks like a lot of good things lined up...and plenty of freebies an' discounts for freeloaders and the acutely budget conscious...(that's me too....) ... good to look through latest gear and new emerging ski academies...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is usually a free ticket offer in the DMSS mag, and announcing this on Snowheads is how I start my ski season.

This year you have to enter a compo. So I didn't bother. Not sure we'll go anyway. Some other sites are offering a draw for some - google it.

Bah.
latest report
doctor_eeyore, Sad No! the season can't begin now ...
snow report
Just to rub it in to those who are after one...got mine through email today! Anyday ticket for the sole use of ME, just need to check my days off work (who lovingly supplied me with it) and book my train!

See a few there! Laughing
snow report
doctor_eeyore, that's very disappointing - I was assuming I'd just need to keep an eye out for your post as usual this year! Presumably Admin will see us right?!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 22-09-11 20:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Got mine promised from SCGB today. So still worth a try for members.
snow report
You can get 2 tickets for £15.00 on a weekday if you enter the discount code DMSKI. This is the offer in Ski and Snowboard magazine. No discount for the weekend though...
snow report
Managed to get mine sorted now but still haven't seen any codes online anywhere, seems like they must be on rations this year!
latest report
Haven't tried this out, but the code TUISKI supposedly gets you £5 off if tickets bought in advance.
ski holidays
They surely can't be confident of packing out the show this year without offering the same number of freebie tickets as they did in 2010? Exhibitors will be mightily peed off if numbers are down, surely.
snow report
WOW I just got a free weekday ticket and it worked. I think I am going to get shot for this but here goes.

go to http://tickets-invites.vosmedia.co.uk/ski2011/momentum739

Promo code = ski11
select weeday
enter details

only one email address allowed by the look of it
snow conditions
fatbob, can buy me a Cornish pastie/ Wild Boar Sausage if it works
latest report
Hey, is it actually worth going to this? I have decided to buy a helmet and have seen on previous threads on SH that more options = better for helmets but is it worth the cost just for the privilege of buying stuff?

Another friend needs to get both a helmet and some boots this year - is buying boots a reasonable option there? I.e., are the boot fitters compotent/have sufficient time to do as good a job as you'd get in a shop?

Thanks all,

:S
latest report
Just got another free ticket with a different email address so looks good to go on the link above

keeping my head down for the next week or two
snow report
I got a freebie ticket last year (was it at Olympia lat year?) but to be honest I struggled to see it as good value even just paying for the 8 quid return train fair to get up there ! To be fair though I ended up getting there really late (an hour before closing) so it was pretty dead with few punters left, and all the staff were knackered after a long day and couldn't really be a7sed so there was no buzz left. Also I wasn't buying kit.

However I think I might needing some new kit this year, so big thanks to livetoski for sharing Happy
Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Slipper, I've only bought soft furnishings (jumpers, fleeces, hats, etc) there in previous years, but I have friends who have bought entire kit at the show, and the big names all seem to have proper boot fitting equipment and you'll see tons of people having cutom footbeds etc done. As to the time pressure for the fitters - not sure, but I suspect all the major players would not want the bad press of people having badly fitted boots at the show. Aim to go at a quieter time if you are concerned. I think I got there an hour before closing on the Thursday or Friday (my memory fails me)last year, and it was exceptionally quiet.
ski holidays
Thanks for the link livetoski, it worked for me Very Happy
latest report
+1 +1
snow report
Gazzza, thanks for the advice. I picked up the free weekday tickets (thanks livetoski!) and am going to head over after work on the Friday.

:S
snow report
Brilliant - thanks livetoski, two tickets sorted - you're a star!
ski holidays
Thanks from me also...have just realised that I can't go at the weekend anyway, so I might pop along one weeknight. Like others, I'd be surprised if there aren't any free weekend tickets available shortly.
ski holidays
livetoski, Gentleman and a scholar - i can treat the missus to a night out!
snow report
Richard_Sideways,
Quote:

i can treat the missus to a night out!

Shocked cheap skate, wish my OH was that easy pleased
snow conditions
Never said she'd be pleased wink
snow report
Anyone who is subscribed to our email list, we have a bunch we are going to give away in a competition this weekend Smile

ScottyDog
latest report
livetoski, THANK YOU!!! Very Happy
latest report
got the tickets we won !! press day on the wednesday!, prefer it as all the stands are clean and well keen, enthusiasm seems to drop off a bit as the days go on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy