Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow related Tattoo

Poster: A snowHead
I have always fancied

"One Life, Ski It"

tattoed in a very tasteful way
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I used to be wary of people with visible Tattoos

Understandable. But wouldn't it be difficult to be wary of people with invisible tattoos? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Err just looked up "snow tattoo" on google images... that first one looks just a little like the first signs of an old school, star trek borg desease! unless that's you, you already got it and it looks wicked!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I really wanted my first tattoo recently. have thought about it for a year and still liked the idea (that was my cut off point/rule). I wanted the number 13 in roman numerals on the sole of my left foot. the 'X' fitted neatly around the ball of the heel, III seemed to fit neatly between the X and the ball of the forefoot. Went to see the tattoo man, and he said that it was the most painful part of the body to tattoo and it would probably 'fall out' anyway because of the rate at which the skin wears and refreshes itself. I'm not sure now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a tattoo of a devil on skis Toofy Grin discretely placed so it won't embarrass me in old age!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.newschoolers.com/ns/forums/readthread/thread_id/455966/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no tattoos, no family photos, no distinguishing hairdoos or owt like that

standard operating procedure wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
down here the 'ares antlers' are called 'tramp stamp' s Cool always fancied a 'cavalinho rampante' being a ferrari fan, somewhere 'invisible' lol
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m loving some of the horrible ignorance by some in this thread.
I have tattoos and I like nothing more than proving to people what a 'nice bloke I am for someone with tattoos.'

Discriminating against someone with a tattoo is as bad as discriminating against someone with a different skin colour to you, or a different religion or political view point, especially with a view to employment.

I'm employed by a leading engineering firm, I’m engaged to a doctor, I live in the ribble valley darling, in fact, I’m a bit of a snob! Skullie

Anyway, my point is, I love tattoos, I like the way they look and I like what they mean to me, and now my family and friends wouldn’t have me any other way.

A tattoo means eff all in regards to personality, intelligence or anything. Get to know a person before judging one, we are all guilty of that I reckon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is it OK to discriminate against someone for having those massive repugnant frisbee ear rings?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
paulio, absolutely. The moral issue though is that anyone with one of those will certainly have many tattoos, many of them clearly visible. My take on it is that anyone is completely free to adorn their body with whatever they like. Just as I am completely free to laugh at them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1052934/Cat-Man--human-tiger-enjoys-climbing-trees-eats-raw-meat-day.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I like the tiger on his t-shirt, just in case you missed the point.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hate tigers. Coming round my house, eating all my sandwiches and all my buns and all my cakes, and drinking all my milk and orange juice and beer and all the water in the tap.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In fact, last night I had to go to a cafe and have sausages and chips and ice cream.
ski holidays
"Stalking Cat" was not the name on my lips, right number of letters mind.
snow conditions
Courtesy of a link from Bode Swiller, on the number plate thread.

http://youtube.com/v/Vv4col1NoRg&feature=player_detailpage
snow report
prick_with_sticks wrote:

Discriminating against someone with a tattoo is as bad as discriminating against someone with a different skin colour to you, or a different religion or political view point

To be honest, I would discriminate against someone with a swastika tattoo.
latest report
paulio,
Quote:

Is it OK to discriminate against someone for having those massive repugnant frisbee ear rings?

if they are the ones I am thinking of, they are ace for holding a beer can
Very Happy
snow report
miranda wrote:
prick_with_sticks wrote:

Discriminating against someone with a tattoo is as bad as discriminating against someone with a different skin colour to you, or a different religion or political view point

This guy has a swastika tatoo, and he's totally awesome.

snow conditions
To be honest, I definitely wouldn't employ someone who turned up to an interview in a pair of grey pants either.

I am a bad, judgmental person Sad
snow conditions
Regrading the OP.

Not too bad. Think you could do better though, a black and white mountain landscape would be nice, but maybe a bit big.

The intro for MSP's 'In Deep' has some pretty nice ski/snow style graphics in B&W, reckon there could be a good tattoo shot in there somewhere, or at least in that same sort of style. Although the soundtrack might be adding to it!
ski holidays
miranda wrote:
prick_with_sticks wrote:

Why? Other than the Nazis, the swastika had good connotations historically. I think it comes from a word that essentially means "to be good".
snow conditions
paulio wrote:
I hate tigers. Coming round my house, eating all my sandwiches and all my buns and all my cakes, and drinking all my milk and orange juice and beer and all the water in the tap.
paulio wrote:
In fact, last night I had to go to a cafe and have sausages and chips and ice cream.

You need to have a word with your wife and Sophie about who they open the door to. Have you considered fitting a security chain?
snow conditions
Chasseur, because swastikas today are inextricably linked with the Nazis and so someone belonging to the current employable generation who has one tattooed onto their skin so people can see it is - the way I view it - (a) completely ignorant of world history (b) is fully aware of the connotation and likes to be controversial to the point of irritation - aka "a troll" - knowing full well many people will take offence (and then get to show off their knowledge of the origin of the symbol before it was appropriated by the Nazis) or (c) is a Nazi. I couldn't really see myself wanting to employ any of these people.
latest report
paulio, I think you have read this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Came-Collins-picture-lions/dp/0006640613?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
Cue the classic joke:

There once was a couple of newlyweds named John and Wendy. John told his wife Wendy that he wanted a tattoo! Wendy agreed and said that would be ok. John did not know what the tattoo should say or where he would put it. So Wendy said, "Well, if you REALLY loved me, you would get my name tattooed on your pecker."

John couldn't back out on that one, so he went to the tattoo parlor. The tattoo artist told him that he needed to have an erection while he put it on. After an hour of excruciating pain, the tattoo was done.

As John was on his way home from the tattoo parlor he saw a rest stop and decided he needed to stop and take a leak. He went to the restroom and looked down to admire his tattoo and he noticed, that when he was not erect, the only letters that were visible, were the W and the Y.

Suddenly, a big black gentleman steps into the urinal beside John and John accidentally looked down at the guy and could not help but notice that he ALSO had the letters W and Y tattooed.

So John said "Hey, I guess you have a girlfriend or wife named Wendy too."

The guys looked confused and said, "What makes you think that?"

John replied "Well I noticed the W and the Y tattoo -- so you don't have a girlfriend named Wendy?"

The black guys laughed and responded, "No mon, that tattoo says, "Welcome to Jamaica! Have a nice day."

Perhaps you could do something similar with the name of a ski resort ? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
paulio wrote:

Are you SURE it was a tiger, i mean, it may have said it was a tiger but he could've been lion....

mmm yes, your hatred makes me stronger....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
paulio, I think you have read this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Came-Collins-picture-lions/dp/0006640613?tag=amz07b-21

Yes.

EVERY

F***ING

DAY
snow conditions
miranda wrote:
Chasseur, because swastikas today are inextricably linked with the Nazis and so someone belonging to the current employable generation who has one tattooed onto their skin so people can see it is - the way I view it - (a) completely ignorant of world history (b) is fully aware of the connotation and likes to be controversial to the point of irritation - aka "a troll" - knowing full well many people will take offence (and then get to show off their knowledge of the origin of the symbol before it was appropriated by the Nazis) or (c) is a Nazi. I couldn't really see myself wanting to employ any of these people.

Well I can certainly see where you're coming from and it is certainly easy to pigeon hole people within a narrow context. As someone who regularly interviews people for jobs, I don't tend ask people to remove their clothing to interrogate any potentially dubious tattoos but, if I did, I might give them the opportunity to present their view first. Of course, if they had a skin head haircut, wore DM 16 ups, I might well make the same assumptions you have wink

FWIW, some may argue that swastikas are inextricably linked to life over 3000 years ago - it appears in many cultures/religions - Egyptian, Chinese, Indian and British amongst others. Why let the Nazis have sole claim to it for such a brief (albeit dreadful) period, contextually?
snow report
Chasseur, my point wasn't really about the swastika, so substitute the word for a "I Heart Hitler" or "I Heart the BNP" tattoo instead if you like. It's wrong to judge people with tattoos, it's wrong to discriminate against people just for having a different political viewpoint from you etc. but I acknowledge that I would discriminate in that situation (particularly, as I pointed out, when someone has a tattoo that is deliberately positioned so that people can see it).

As for your point about the Swastika, I do know a bit about the history of it in Asia actually (not in Britain though, so that's something to wikipedia wink). However, whilst there are still people that are alive who were around during that period of history, and for at least a few subsequent generations, I do think the swastika will remain inextricably linked to Nazism in the West. In future, perhaps it'll be reclaimed as a symbol of goodness. Perhaps you could stick one on your clothing and start the process?
snow conditions
miranda, so which bit of
Quote:
wasn't your point? It certainly looks/sounds like a POV to me Puzzled And why would I like to substitute "I Heart Hitler" or "I Heart the BNP", unless I was trying to be stereotypical - which is sort of the point I thought I had made. Still, to your credit, you do acknowledge your discrimination. One that I suspect many share and that may strengthen or at least perpetuate those that have less than pure designs on the design.

BTW isn't the point of a tattoo that for many people it is there to be seen? Body art, declaration of love, proud of my regiment, I love skiing etc etc and all that. Not that it does it for me particularly. I'm not sure where you made the leap from tattoo to printing on clothing. Was there a point to that?
snow conditions
whats that old joke about a dollar tattooed where the sun dont shine - cos you like to watch your money grow and if the wife wants to blow a dollar........

looks like OP is offski, and who can blame em

prick_with_sticks wrote:
I’m engaged to a doctor
, must like a bit of rough, eh? Laughing Laughing
latest report
No...I've been reading with interest. As usual it's all very amusing. We are such a diverse Forum... Laughing
snow report
Chasseur, sorry - your confusion is no doubt my fault for not giving my post enough thought and so expressing myself poorly. I of course acknowledge my discrimination - that was the whole point Laughing

While I don't judge people on having tattoos in general, the nature of particular tattoos would probably affect me and lead me to discriminate against them. I used the swastika as an easy symbol and have acknowledged that the swastika has other associations but that in the West for our generation it is strongly associated with the Nazis, a political party whose viewpoint I don't agree with. As you weren't happy with the swastika stereotype because it is not just a Nazi symbol, I suggested "I heart the BNP" instead as an example of a tattoo explicitly expressing support for a point of view I didn't like, unlike an ambiguous symbol.

My suggestion that you might wear it on your clothing and use the opportunity to explain that it was a symbol of goodness in order to stop it being perpetually associated with Nazis by judgmental people like me was simply because tattoos are permanent and not everyone wants to have something (even if it is a symbol of goodness) inked onto their skin permanently.

Sorry for scaring off the OP and upsetting anyone if I have Embarassed
snow conditions
Perhaps you should have a transcript of this thread ink'd about your person spud
ski holidays
miranda wrote:
prick_with_sticks wrote:

if someone had a swastika tattoo because they were a racist I wouldnt discriminate but I would avoid knowing them, and perhaps that is considered discrimination.
I hate racism and if someone I knew had a tattoo boasting in some way about far right views I would think they were very narrow minded individuals and wouldnt want to know them.
like I said, we are all guilty of discrimination in some way, even laughing at people with some sort of body art or body sculpture, life is too short to do that, each to their own Dr John if indeed that is your real profession, and if it is, I think you should be wiser. But, and it's a big but, appearences do count in certain job interviews and I can see your point about the old ear stretching. Thats something that cant be hidden as far as im aware, most tattoos can be hidden and removed if needs be. As far as I know its illegal to tattoo faces and the front of necks and throats in the UK (certainly most reputable tattoo artists should refuse), so anyone with facial tats has gone somewhere dodgy for them, that may say something about their character, but, if it harms nobody other than themselves what right has anyone to judge really?

On a different point, I dont like seeing under 18s with tattoos (cher lloyd for eg), it is illegal whether the parent consents or not to tattoo anyone under 18 years old in the UK, so, I discriminate against the parent in that case.

if I feel a situation calls for it I will hide my tattoos because I know how a lot of people are about them and you would never know I have them.
snow report
Mirandai agree with all your points apart from tattoos arent permanent, you can have them removed if you wish!! Cool
snow conditions
barry wrote:
whats that old joke about a dollar tattooed where the sun dont shine - cos you like to watch your money grow and if the wife wants to blow a dollar........

looks like OP is offski, and who can blame em

prick_with_sticks wrote:
I’m engaged to a doctor
, must like a bit of rough, eh? Laughing Laughing

its bloody terrible
ski holidays
prick_with_sticks wrote:
Mirandai agree with all your points apart from tattoos arent permanent, you can have them removed if you wish!! Cool

Funnily enough - in light of what you have said above, and your point about kids getting it done - I have just said goodbye to a school friend who's been staying here for a few weeks. She has an extensive tattoo that stretches the length of her arm. Although I don't have any tattoos myself, I can see that it is very creative and artistic - she's an extremely talented artist and designed it herself. I can't remember exactly when she got it done - we were probably about 18, certainly not much older. She now massively regrets it and wears long-sleeved tops all the time. She did see a professional about having it removed but they said that it could cause some white patches to appear on her dark skin (she's Indian) and so she's decided not to. I hope that one day she comes full circle and loves it again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy