Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delta (both domestic and long haul)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wanted to avoid it but its looking likely, anyone have any opinions either way? The flights are half the price of BA. I think the return leg might be KLM. Would be looking to take my main bag and 2/3 pairs of skis in my ski bag...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alans deep bath, I have flown KLM to Toronto and from New York. For a long haul flight they were poor, very poor. Old planes, cramped and no TV in the back of headrests on a trans-atlantic flight these days is not on really. I wouldnt fly with them again unless it was a last resort. I would pay a little more and go with someone else. Delta/KLM are the same company now, im sure Air France is part of the same company as well. Hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Delta have a good US fare sale on at the moment and they aren't too bad though KLM transatlantic is preferable IIRC. You'll get reemed on baggage charges for that I imagine - see if you can get 2 pairs in a wheelie bag under 23kg plus boots etc in a standard carryon. SLC?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used em last year, going with them again this year. Long haul was good, food okish, well attentive aisle donkeys wink as we had a couple of trainees on board Toofy Grin They didnt seem any better or worse than others - Delta that is.

The domestic flight was like any other in the US typical bus, with drinks snacks thrown in. Didnted really care by then - and it was full as they usually are.

Last time we flew with KLM long haul, it was great. Free drinks all the time, free snacks on tap all the way - from peanuts to chocolate bars/ maltesers etc. We even had metal cutlery in coach class. That was in 2006 or 2007. Fod seemed better than average airfare stuff.

Where are you headed BTW ? As depending where you fly into longhaul, can be good or bad flight Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Regularly fly Delta from Manchester to Atlanta - usually a Boeing 767 - modern plane with the usual modern facilities.
No issues - not up to Emirates standards but OK - good as anybody else for going across the Atlantic at a reasonable price - check on the Delta website for the plane type when you book
Only noticeable difference is that the attendants tend to be more "experienced" but even that's starting to change
Domestic flights also OK - especially if you're used to Easy jet and dare I say it, Ryanair
Only advise is to watch the transfer times at Atlanta airport - it's a long walk from international to domestic if the underground train isn't working
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, NY--(Minneapolis)>YYC Can't help but think it's almost guaranteed that my luggage will go missing Laughing Definitely need 2x 20+ kg bags

Bones, New York.

Thanks for the input/advice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
janner, thanks for that. Don't think I've ever been on a Ryanair flight but I don't make a habit of long haul Easyjet Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KLM > Delta at Minneapolis managed to lose 1 bag of mine despite 6 hour layover and me personally rechecking them after clearing customs.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alans deep bath,

We've flown KLM a number of times via Amsterdam and Minneapolis to Denver/Salt Lake City (and once to Jackson Hole). We had a tight flight connection once so our luggage didn't turn up on arrival in SLC but it was delivered to our hotel by taxi the following day.

To be on the safe side however (in view of taking 3 flights ie 2 connections) we now take ski boots and ski clothes in our hand luggage, which means we get get straight onto the slopes in the event of any further luggage mishaps.

We also take our skis for free by taking 2 pairs in a double ski bag and checking in a separate bag of clobber - with both bags falling within the weight allowance.

Flights with KLM have always been very good, with great service, good food and free booze on board.

We are flying with KLM again next Feb for another trip to Winter Park. Our 3rd visit to WP and can't wait! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Delta/KLM are the same company now, im sure Air France is part of the same company as well.

Not quite. Air France and KLM have the same holding company now although they are still two separate operating companies.

Delta is a quite different company although it is also a member of the Skyteam Alliance alongside AF/KL and does co-ordinate its schedules and fares closely with its European allies. All three airlines codeshare extensively so you will often find yourself on Delta's metal even if your ticket says Air France or KLM.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've had four flights with Delta, all part of a work trip to SLC (LHR->JFK->SLC, SLC->ATL->LHR) and I thought it was really great. No extra charge to carry both ski and boot bags in addition to my suitcase. I'd use them again for sure.

Steve
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flown Delta over 50 times in the last decade.

Just as good as any other carrier to the USA really. Very Happy

Took my skis, golf clubs and other sporting stuff - never been charged yet. Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So I'm guessing as I'm taking a bag and then a ski bag and boots would I be looking at the possibility of an extra cost for the skis. Just I'm sure it says that I can only check in one bag free???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy