Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crap ski equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Kel wrote:
Neoprene ski mask, makes your goggles mist up

Seconded, Goggles, glasses and probably eyeballs misted up quicker than if i'd been in a kettle.

Only way to use one is to cut a large hole where the mouth is rather than those poxy perforations.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx wrote:
crap = any sort of ski carrying nonsense - the little bag you put over your shoulder, the clips with hookie things,

The only way to carry skis iis base to base, over the shoulder with the tips in front facing the ground - simply because it looks good. However, Mrs Japanesebob is tiny and can't carry her skis unless she uses a "ski sling." She swears by it, but she only gets away with it because shes cute.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, great idea for a thread, can't really think of anything I've bought but:

TSL snowshoes: PoS that would fall off every five steps. I ended up walking in a river for a couple of hours as it was quicker and less effort. I'd have binned them there and then but the hire shop had my card details.

P tex candles: use ribbon and get a repair as good as your base.

I like my tracker, but then I've trained with it fairly extensively. Perhaps a case of PEBTAS (similar to PEBKAC if you're wondering).

I've had much stuff that would be classed as rubbish now but when bought it was pretty good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Too late - gave it to someone who was going to a fancy dress party as Hannibal Lector. Good costume, arrived being pushed on a sack trolley.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In defence of SKI SLING I have a back injury which doesn't like me lifting my arms to carry skis see thread passim, on sheet ice where pole in each hand is good see Tignes high street, climbing to a pitch sling against pack easier than skis on pack see Tignes most days. Helping injured skier having to carry their skis when walking. Carrying a pair if race skis to the top etc etc. I have used one for many years and have been stopped numerous times as to where I bought it, particularly in US, in the end I found the manufacturer bought 20 trade and made a fiver on each one in less than a year. On carrying skis over the shoulder the golden rule of not turning around failed Maria Walliser when talking to Michela Figini in Wengen High st, spun around to talk to somone and felled me with a 215 down hill ski she was carrying; now being felled by either of those two ladies was pure fantasy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Kel wrote:
Neoprene ski mask, makes your goggles mist up

Seconded, Goggles, glasses and probably eyeballs misted up quicker than if i'd been in a kettle.

Only way to use one is to cut a large hole where the mouth is rather than those poxy perforations.

Just like Hanibal Lectar's snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Two people have bought me "ski service" kits in black plastic boxes for christmas gifts. Bit of wax, and a dirty great file you're meant to stick in the bottom of the box to do your edges with!

I hope that no one ever tries to use them on their own skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The dirty great file might have been a base file, all right I'll get my coat
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic, it was actually a dirty great bastard file! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TNF Montana (I think) gloves - utter balls, I had two pairs (one was a warranty replacement), both fell apart after 3 or 4 weeks of skiing and leaked like sieves.

I didn't get on with Oakley goggles either, replaced them after a couple of uses.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pair of blue Strolz 6 clip boots with metal rim heels good on ice not- Lamborghini skis made by the brother that didn't make cars utter planks- green and yellow Nordica Grand Prix soft as s..- Lange Sriir stiff as a poker in cold weather, Salomon Falcon race peculiar flex, Raichle flexon comp fell to pieces, Two weeks in Whistler when it rained for 9 days never again-Vuarnet extreme goggles in green lenses, Vuarnet extreme goggles in rose lenses awful-Japanese samurai ice axe razor sharp cut through anything, pack, rope, hands someone stole it good luck to them-A peculiar binding system using a metal snake up the leg and one skied in a sort of moon boot, tried once on plastic, frightening.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got the boy some double layer Cebe goggles. They were fine for a week or two while temps remained below zero but as soon as they got wet, the two layers instantly separated!

Actually, most of my probs have been with goggles. Smith goggles with replaceable lens - could I find anywhere to buy a replacement?
Almost had the same issue with with the Uvex ones that I replaced them with, until I asked here and CEM pointed me at Bartletts. Phew! They gave me a nice little snowHeads' discount too just because I told them I'd got the advice here snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Tracks iphone App,

registered some truly bizarre speeds, top speed of 76mph at one point when i was prob doing 30-35.

the last day of Tignes holiday i wanted to schuss a stright, steep, loooong run for a top speed, i even put my comedy EVF one piece on for aerodynamic reasons, went so fast i though my face was going to fall off....35mph, rubbish!
3 of us had the app and we did record consistant speeds with one another on most days but very disapointing when competing with one another.

EVF one piece, worn for laughs really until i fell in some powder and split the crotch of the suit. mmmm, ventilation.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
salopettes with velcro loops on the waist attachment for the shoulder straps (Fila) they are in mint condition,Gortex but they just dont stay up Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK, I'll admit it.....back in the day.....Motorola walkie-talkies - never even came close to doing what it said on the tin Embarassed They did provide hilarity for a lift queue once, but that's another story.
snow report
Chasseur wrote:
OK, I'll admit it.....back in the day.....Motorola walkie-talkies - never even came close to doing what it said on the tin Embarassed

Me too
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy