Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2011/12 Snow Report

Poster: A snowHead
Dumping all day in Mayrhofen, a good foot of fresh so far. Bit windy and poor vis on top at Fugen but the valley run was so good we had to do it three times.Very Happy (via SMS)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a day! Toofy Grin
Fantastic snow, great weather, not many people around...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SaraJ, You can go off people you know wink Stuck at home working this weekend as I anticipated chaos on the roads around here and did not fancy getting up at the crack of dawn to avoid it! Are you busy next week as well?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, I wouldn't be too jealous if I were you... I spent most of yesterday teaching. It looks like the next two weeks are busy and then it will calm down again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, it's nice to see my post via the mobile made it here.
Samerberg Sue, You were right not to try and get to the valley, we passed the jam to get in, it started somewhere beyond Munchen.
SaraJ, Not many people around cos we had to leave! It looked like it was going to be the best day of the week too Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Heard there was an avalanche on a road in Zillertal today/tonight, several people were caught in it in cars. At least some of them are ok and stable in Innsbruck hospital atm, hopefully the rest are ok too!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, Doing a search I found this report. It seems the avalanche was on the Hochfugen road and covered it over a length of 200 metres. One injured man was rescued from his car which was swept off the road, and it seems uncertain as to whether more vehicles and people were also affected. Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair Pink, my gf was working in Innsbruck hospital A&E tonight and said there were a few in (who were ok) - hopefully that means everyone was!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hope everyone was ok.

How are conditions in Zillertal at the moment?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The guy who was injured in the avalanche is apparently in hospital. The word is that he will be ok.
It snowed all day today. The snow was a bit soft near the bottom and by the end of the day there were fresh snow piste bumps everywhere. There was a useful amount of snow falling so I expect conditions will be good for a while yet.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From the cams it is dumping down in da Hoff (and rest of Zillertal). Keep it coming, 3 weeks to go.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Off to the hoff in a week and a bit, had everything crossed for some new snow to fall, hope it continues to fall.Can't wait. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any reports on current conditions, heading out on 7 April?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ghost Dog, Still lots of snow everywhere... On piste it is staying good above about 1800m, below that (so on the piste down to the car park in Hochfuegen) it's pretty slushy by midday. Of course, it depends on what aspect the slope is too - facing directly into the sun is getting significantly softer than the north facing slopes. I've been on a mission to ski bumps this week so it has been a little frustrating that the bumps have stayed hard and crispy until about 14:30 each day! Icy bumps are a great challenge, though not very enjoyable Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm, slush is bad for my knees, may be up on the glacier a bit then. Thanks.
ski holidays
Ghost Dog, I imagine the glacier is in pretty good shape...
snow conditions
At least 15cm today and cold and windy. So much for spring conditions Smile
latest report
At least 15cm today and cold and windy. So much for spring conditions Smile
snow report
After a couple of weeks of summer, winter has come back with a vengeance! Yesterday was very cold. The slushy snow from the past few weeks froze to make a rock hard base which is now covered with a lovely powdery layer of fresh snow.

There was an Easter Sunday "event" organised in Hochfuegen yesterday... One of the highlights was a high tech Easter egg hunt. There is a permanent (over winter!) transceiver search field set up near the 8er Alm where it is possible to practice using a tranceiver. This was used yesterday for an "Easter egg" hunt. The searches were timed, the fastest winning prizes.
Sadly, the weather wasn't too pleasant at the top, cold and bleak, so not many people were hanging around to see what was going on. On the other hand, I expect the people who actually did take part had quite a high chance of winning a prize, so I guess they went home happy!
snow report
Folks can anyone please tell me if Mayrhofen is still open ,Just looked at the bergfex webcam and conditions on the penken still look pretty good but noone is sking there,Working in Munich tomorrow and Thursday and got to go to innsbruck on Friday and then washoping to give from Sat to wednesday in Mayrhofen for some late season sking.The i nfo i have is that the ski season ends in Mayrhofen on 15 April hopefully im wrong
ski holidays
mahoney_j, If closed, just drive past and head on up to Hintertux (14km). The glacier will be mint.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
mahoney_j, If closed, just drive past and head on up to Hintertux (14km). The glacier will be mint.

And "no shortage of snow, sun and fun-loving polish people!"
ski holidays
Hochfügen / Hochzillertal is open until 22nd April. I don't know about Mayrhofen. Hintertux is open and awesome though overrun with BASI people on courses.
snow report
Mayrhofen unfourtnately closed but there is still lots of pep[ple turning up in the hope of getting up the mountain,Pity though as conditions up on the penken are said to be very good for this late in the season been a good dump of snow over the last few days but the village is snow free,Anyway of to hintertux tomorrow!! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
It has been pumping it down on & off since Saturday pm in Hintertux... thigh deep pow on the piste on Sunday, and another 30cm or so today! Due to get warm very quick though in next day or two (FL up to 3400ish).
snow report
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy