Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2011/12 Snow Report

Poster: A snowHead
same , to hippach . 15.15 flight with thomson. i normally go with a gang of mates but this year it just me and the wife. will be interesting. i board every year but my wife has only skied once 11 years ago. i wonder how long it will take for the first row Laughing . might be off to the chill factor on sat to try out.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tim000, same, but 6.05 am flight , taking the OH who hasn't skied for 4 years , good luck be patient , plenty of wine/ coffee/ stops and loads of TLC snowHead
I am off to the CF next Wednesday for warm up . Look forward to the trip report Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks neil . cant decide where to go on the first day . thinking of ahorn in mayrhofen or kaltenbach.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tim000, kaltenbach maybe the best option for sunday , and then should be relatively quiet all over in the week, i will be at hochfugen sunday , which has some great blues from top to bottom for the first day , then we shall explore out from there in the week, if the snow is as good as it is now , its going to be a great week Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dumping big time in mayrhofen , 130cm of snow depth ., 60cm of that is new snow Shocked Avalanche alert level high. hopfully it will calm down next week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tim000 wrote:
dumping big time in mayrhofen , 130cm of snow depth ., 60cm of that is new snow Shocked Avalanche alert level high. hopfully it will calm down next week.

Are the lifts open today? Or is the wind too strong?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just checked the webcam and the lift look to be running .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm Kaltenbach says 8km of runs with drag lifts only, Zell am Ziller says about 42km running, Mayrhofen claims to be open.
Do I get in the car and head down tonight, and hope it's less windy tomorrow, and more is open? Or do I save the petrol money, cancel the hotel (got until 18:00 to decide), and go MTBing here instead?
Wind reports are anything from 0 to 60kph.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.feratel.com/en/webcams-weather/austria/tirol/hochfuegen.html Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been dumping here all last night and today. All lifts and pistes open. No wind

Probaly 50 cm of new powder. Pistes were not too cut up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
webcam on top of the penken gondala in mayrhofen is a whiteout . could just be the cam covered in snow though. 4 days to go snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plenty of snow here for you. Waste deep powder at the side of the pistes. But it's quiet warm at -2'c.
Windy and foggy today.
Snow quiet wet and bumpy. Temps need to drop after grooming and theres lots of folks on the Penken slopes. Very busy for the time of year.

JUST go to the Penken gondala early as the queues at 9-9.30am are 45 mins long and back at 3.30-4pm there 40 mins long.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just checked the webcams ,WOW, clear blue sky and loads of snow . even the trees are white. can i have some of that next week please. thanks for the warning about the lifts. they are a pain . the best bet is to get the bus round to the horberg gondala and access the piste from there. saying that will have to use the penken lift on sunday as we need to pick up the wifes hire skis from town(we`re staying in hippach) pain really. planning on getting there early .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Is the lift queue for the Gondola out of Finkenberg as bad as the one from Mayrhofen ??? were in Finkenberg for half term but need to get the bus down to the lift...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ooo... Snowing again in Hochfügen Very Happy
ski holidays
No the Finkenberg is alot quieter.

The Ahorn bubble went tits up on Tues and they were helicoptering folks off who could not ski the red down. Even a big army chopper was ferrying mainly the kids down. It's up and running again today contrary to the Mayrhofen website.

Ski conditions were very very foggy this morning. Dangerous really with visability about 10 metres. This afternoon was spot on.
ski holidays
heliphil wrote:
Hi Is the lift queue for the Gondola out of Finkenberg as bad as the one from Mayrhofen ??? were in Finkenberg for half term but need to get the bus down to the lift...

nothings as bad as the mayrhofen gondala at peak times Shocked
snow conditions
SaraJ, Is the access road clear now , any chance I may need chains Puzzled
snow report
Hochfugen website , is showing "winter equipment" required wink Puzzled Is this chains or just winter tyres ????
ski holidays
Neilski, Sorry, I have only just seen your post so this reply may be a bit too late...
This morning there was some slush on the road up I but didn't need chains. The weather for the next couple of days is forecast to be cold and clear but then unsettled again from midweek. So it is possible you could need chains to drive back down again at the end of the week.
Ask the guys in the ski hire shop in the hotel to call me when you get here and I'll come over and say hi.
See you soon Smile
snow report
SaraJ, Thanks for the tips yesterday , they helped loads when Kevin took away my ski poles on a steep bumped slope today Shocked

Great skiing in the zillertal region all week so far, some new snow expected tomorrow and a big fall sat night Sunday am , so looking good for anyone out next week snowHead
snow report
Currently chucking down, looks like Mayrhofen is completely closed although uplift in other villagews continues by gondola and tow, most chairs closed. (From webcams).

Anyone out there to confirm state of roads, I'm driving down from Munich tomorrow and was wondering about hiring chains, never needed them in 10 last trips, but it does look rather snowy?
snow report
Lots of snow falling in Hochfuegen. Some of the higher lifts are closed because of the wind. The snow is great Very Happy
I needed chains from about 900m up on the Hochfuegen road this morning. Apparently, the main roads in the valley are slushy at the moment.
snow conditions
Thanks SaraJ, I will play it by ear, staying Mayrhofen, I've only once thought chains would be useful, trying to leave early one morning when half the village hadn't been plowed, even then, the main road was fine.

From looking at the webcams on Feratel and the uplift/runs details, it looks like the Hoff itself is currently completely closed. Hochfugen seems to have more open now than it did an hour ago. Looks like Sunday will be fun Smile

Note to self, leave Scotland Yard before it closes.
snow conditions
Ghost Dog, Just left hochfugen early to make sure of making flight , the road down was tricky but ok , main valley road really slow but no real problems, in airport hotel Innsbruck now and still snowing .
Today in hochfugen was great and anyone out in the zillertal this week should have a blast when things settle down
snow report
Neilski, I was wondering how you had got on with your early morning drive down the road. It was a good idea to leave last night, it was an interesting drive up this morning!
Lots of snow falling, ski tracks are disappearing from one run to the next.
ski holidays
SaraJ, home at last , after overnighting in innsbruck , then four hour drive to munich , and on and on , have a great week with all that snow, snowHead snowHead
snow report
Ooo... Look! It's stopped snowing in Hochfuegen Shocked
-12C, blue sky, fluffy snow... Enough chat, I'm going skiing Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SaraJ, Enjoy,I am missing hochfügen already snowHead
latest report
Just back from the Hoff, bawdeep in powder on Tuesday and Wednesday, Nuff said.

Just checked Snow-forecast report, apparently 8 cms of new snow on 24 Jan. There was at least 50cm between Monday night and Tuesday and I have the foties to prove it. Not like them to be so pessimistic.

Reminder to all, don't drive to the Hoff on the day of the mens downhill in Kitz, aargh 6 hours of hell, took well under 2 hours on the way back.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 27-01-12 0:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
4 weeks to go until I'm in mayrhofen cannot wait just hope the snow is still falling at that point snowHead
snow conditions
-24C in Hochfuegen today. Pity the guys who have to hang around for the Freeride competition www.bigmountain-hochfuegen.com

The safety guys, the mountain rescue guys, the starters, the judges, the officials... Brr!
ski holidays
SaraJ, wrap up warm Embarassed good luck to kev with the comp Cool
latest report
Any idea what's due to happen in a weeks time? -24 doesn't sound too pleasant.
latest report
robapplegate, According to this http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/hochzillertal/prognose/9-tage it is going to get warmer.
ski holidays
SaraJ, I hope that graph doesn't keep going up the whole of the week, there'll be no snow left.
ski holidays
robapplegate, Hmm... I wouldn't worry about there being no snow left - there's plenty!
A farmer told me that February will be cold and sunny and lots more snow coming at the beginning of March. He was right about the weather in December and January, so I'm inclined to believe his latest forecast too.
ski holidays
SaraJ, Is that a farmer in Austria or england?
ski holidays
robapplegate, An Austrian farmer... So it must be true wink
snow report
Can't wait - out to Finkenberg on Friday.......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy