Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POC or not to POC

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two wee ones (6 and 8) need body armour - wee-est of wee ones managed a flat hit to ice on his back last year, winded him and bruised his spine, and I reckon some decent protection wouldn't go amiss. Tried Dianese on them, but stupidly wide around the waist despite them being in the right height range for the specific model. Seen the POC pocito elastomers-in-a-vest orange things - which look very good - no straps for them to get hopelessly lost in. Forcefield has been recommended but the POC appear better.

Two question to all the 'Heads - any experience of the POC VPD system - and any idea on stockists? Can't find a single one on the web and can't get a response from emails direct to POC in Sweden...

http://www.xsportsprotective.com/poc-pocito-vpd-spine-protector.html

many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maybe you get make them so armour ?
can never be too safe these days Very Happy
the young ones will love it
here is a handy link for starters

http://www.ehow.com/how_2267118_make-cardboard-armor.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valais2, all the kids I know use Dainese or Scott back protectors. I agree about Dainese, the 'turtle shell' ones look wide, but son has the soft one and it is definitely not wide, it is nipped in at the waist, both him and another kid I know have worn these since age 5 http://www.dainese.com/uk_en/multisport-winter/back-protector-soft-kid.html?cat=75&subcat=76

Re. the POC vests, no experience of but, try the UK importer Big Bear or try Ski Bartlett in the UK.

HTH Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, ...sarah... many thanks good link and indeed they look a much more sensible shape...I'll find a stockist and take a look...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yag_si_HS,

'can never be too safe these days' is bit irritating frankly.

... I've got quite a developed sense of humour but if you are implying '...you are being over protective bothering about armour...' then I think you're off-beam and rather out of date.

I have thought very carefully about this and taken a lot of advice from people in the industry, including high level coaches. My son skis hard, and is very technical skier, and receives lots of close training which - I need to add - is not forced on him at all, he really enjoys it, and looks up to his tutors. As I said in the OP, he received a nasty impact to his spine last easter, and still comments on it being tender when people pick him up or twist him in a certain way. Elastomer armour would have lessened the impact, and I wish I'd got it onto him earlier. Frankly, the fact that he skies the whole mountain, and frequently leads while I sweep, does not indicate 'wrapping in cotton wool' - far from it. Skiing in zero vis at 3000m, at minus temps and in high winds is not uncommon for our family - this is not cotton wool territory.

So Sarah, thanks for the good advice. Yag, if I've misinterpreted the spirit of your post, apologies.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
valais2, I wouldn't worry too much about yag_si_HS - read the name backwards.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry you found my post irritating Very Happy
Does little johnny have strings on his gloves ?
I find them to be very handy. Stops the wee blighters from losing their mitts when they are out skiing hard all day!
Even use them myself!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sloop, ....good point...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy