Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

rules of the slopes

Poster: A snowHead
If you are a snowboarder, do not sit in the middle, or at the edge of the piste. In fact don't go up at all, you're not welcome.

Any attempt to use any of the facilities will lead to resentment and blame, especially for skiers falling, even if you're on an entirely different part of the mountain. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, ... even if I'm screaming "Out Of The Way! I can't stop! These skis have a life of their own! Heeeeeeeeeellllllpppppp"

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 12-09-11 9:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never eat a polar bear's liver (assuming it hasn't eaten you of course).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway, I am left trying to imagine eating a polar bear's liver from the inside.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, Nice one!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Strap a baby on your back for extra protection at busy times.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ha ha ha ..... that might be a tad extreme
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The most important in my book is that the uphill skier/boarder/blader etc etc is responsible. The excuse "I didn't expect you do that" when aimed at a complete beginner, or any one else for that matter is no defence.

If your behind/passing someone give them plenty of space and expect them to do the unexpected, because they probably will.

Oh yeh and my personal pet hate don't go down to breakfast in your ski gear.....I know its a bit weird, but hey, each to their own.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

don't go down to breakfast in your ski gear

Do they go in their boots as well? God, I hate ski boots.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlanB1976,
Quote:

God, I hate ski boots.

You will just love snowboard boots then. Ahh... the comfort.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Ahh... the comfort.

I was told that before. I think that is the reason I am trying snowboarding out. I think a combination of bad quality rental equipment and high arched feet (making putting the boots on a real task) made me swear at them so much. I wanted to cut my legs off after just walking 100m in them.
And to stand around in that bent leg stance was just humorous.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rule 43417:
People should only go onto the mountain with as much kit as they can carry themselves - SKIERS THIS MEANS YOU!Your snowboarding companions may look like we have a free hand but It is not there to carry or pick-up skis or poles for you.
We need it to hoick up our overly baggy pants, throw 'da hornz' to offer 'props' to fellow riders who are showing appropriate levels of 'steez', and to massage life back into our frozen buttocks from sitting in the middle of the piste too much.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways, isn't your free hand to grab a skier's pole to get a pull along a flat bit? NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, chance'd be a fine thing, I've pulled more skiers up inclines i've run out of gas on than the other way around. Plus they REALLY don't like it when you accidently pull their baskets off their poles.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
adie wrote:
...don't go down to breakfast in your ski gear....

I like to go down in just my snowboard padded shorts, perhaps my socks as well, leaving a "teasing gap" between the top of the socks and the bottoms of the shorts showing a cheeky "bit of leg", and if any one looks in disgust to give a good thigh or buttock slap. Failing that I'll add my thermal top, but this starts getting a bit smelly for the end of the week unless the overpowering egg smell has already taken control of the breaskfast table. Puzzled
ski holidays
if you see a set of poles set up 'thou shalt not have a go cause it looks easy!' and its also forbidden to find a bunch (noun for a bunch of snowboarders?? wink ) of snowboarders sitting in the snow, and encourage your group of children to do a 'snow tsunami' over them, no matter how funny it is Razz
ski holidays
iskar wrote:
its also forbidden to find a bunch (noun for a bunch of snowboarders?? wink ) of snowboarders sitting in the snow, and encourage your group of children to do a 'snow tsunami' over them, no matter how funny it is Razz
Hmmm, but the converse does seem to be "mandatory" rather than "forbidden" Puzzled
snow conditions
adie wrote:

Oh yeh and my personal pet hate don't go down to breakfast in your ski gear.....I know its a bit weird, but hey, each to their own.

Hmmm. Why?
You'd better stay clear of me then. I tend to go down in my salopettes and thin ski top and ski socks (though my top half top covered by a fleece or something and obviously normal shoes). I don't want to have to completely strip and dress again - that seems silly to me. I tend to be ready about 5 minutes after breakfast (and then stand and fume at the door due to someone faffing - or perhaps changing all their clothes).
ski holidays
snowball, same here but I don't bother with the shoes.
ski holidays
snowball, and me
snow report
so is it fine to just go in my underwear so I don't have to worry about changing. I can just go up and layer up NehNeh
latest report
If you were called Anne rather than Alan I'd say that was just fine, though I fear someone in the dining room might object even so.
snow report
I'm sorely tempted to post a photo of irbis, skivirus and myself just before breakfast in our cabana at Las Trancas...but I'll resist as I want to maintain a shred of credibility on this site...
snow report
Quote:

don't go down to breakfast in your ski gear

I do have memories, from when I was a beginner, of gung-ho types coming into the breakfast room in salopettes (the skintight neoprene sort of course), ski tops with logos, sunblock on noses, yellow reflective sunglasses on head, basically trying to say, look at me I'm a serious skier and therefore better than you (which of course they were).

I'm sure they would have brought their 220 cm skis to breakfast if they could (remember them?)
ski holidays
Surely the main point of not going to breakfast in your full kit is to prevent dying of heat exhaustion before leaving the chalet/hotel. Secondly is to avoid the affront to delicate sensibilities that a crotch level display of lycra tights at the level of the museli table might afford.
snow report
AlanB1976 wrote:
so is it fine to just go in my underwear so I don't have to worry about changing. I can just go up and layer up NehNeh

feel free but don't be surprised if someone assumes you are German Wink
ski holidays
snowball,

I assume adie, wants us all to go to breakfast in our nightwear (or lack of it), thus minimising the delay between getting out of bed and getting the calories in.
snow conditions
Quote:

feel free but don't be surprised if someone assumes you are German

hmmmm...... I am half German Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlanB1976 wrote:
Quote:

feel free but don't be surprised if someone assumes you are German

hmmmm...... I am half German Wink

Let's hope it's the top half. Smile
snow conditions