Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good resorts to take the other half?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It appears likely that I can add a forth weeks skiing next year in February (the week after half term). It will be just me and my other half, she's a pretty decent intermediate IMO having skied for about 3 years, she's strictly likes to keep to the piste though which is maybe why we've never skied together much when it's just been the two of us.

I might wait until the last minute to see what deals are around and where has the best snow but I'm really fixed to that week. Budget around £1.5-2k, with as much food and drink included in that as possible. She's only ever skied in France.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

She's only ever skied in France.

Then maybe that week would be a good time to try somewhere else, as French resorts will be at their busiest (French winter holidays, and I think that's one of the Paris weeks).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Livigno perhaps ? Miles of intermediate on piste. Italian food and bev
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Courmayeur. Good for intermediate skiing, some pretty tree lined runs. Nice mountain restaurants.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is no different to any other choice of resort. Assess what it is you want to do together and find a resort and facilities to cater for it.

If you want great food and spa facilities then a hotel would probably be better than a chalet. If you like meeting other people on your hols then a chalet might be better. If you want to cruise at a reasonable rate and cover distance without just doing the same run then you need lots of piste (>100km). Etc etc.

My recommendation is the Alpine Palace hotel in Hinterglemm. Fantastic food, fantastic spa, loads of mileage to ski. Might be a little tight on budget though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tiger2 wrote:
My recommendation is the Alpine Palace hotel in Hinterglemm. Fantastic food, fantastic spa

+1. Best ski hotel I've stayed at.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vail
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saas Fee or Wagrain spring to mind. This season Saas Fee could be a touch punitive pricewise.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Wagrain - beautiful village with loads of intermediate skiing. That kind of money would easily get you a nice room and half board at the Panorama Sport just opposite the Graffenberg lifts. Plenty of spa facilities as well. Or the Schnatner more in the centre of the village.

Like most of the Amadé resorts about an hour from Salzburg airport.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here is another vote for Courmayeur!

Its has enough varied terrain to keep an intermediate happy, and a few bits of good off-piste up top if you want a bit of play time
You can hop a short bus to Pila, La Thuile, and through the tunnel to Chamonix if you need to broaden your piste horizons in the week.

and Aperitivo!!!! Basically you go round to various bars (Bar Roma is one hotspot) and for the price is slightly more expensive drinks, there is plenty of free food (antipasti). and then great restaurants and pizzeria.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Courmayeur won't keep an intermediate happy for more than 2 days because half of the entire resort is just one infinitely wide red piste, masquerading as several separate runs on the map. You'll ski every piste in 1 day.

And the piste grooming was absolutely atrocious when I was last there, the run(s) were covered in massive bricks made from compressed snow and ice. Un-fun.

I hate Courmayeur.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy