Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Tignes 2011/2012 snow report

Poster: A snowHead
I am out on Thursday, staying at Melezes in Les Boisses for 11 days.

I will be bringing some new snow with me Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

eg see post elswhere about 'Honeymooner seeks advice for first time...

Ha, at least it wasn't that bad!
I'm surprised the "innuendo police" didn't spot roscoeh's last sentence:
Quote:

There is still plenty to play with though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cjbram1, nice - had missed that Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
...and the snows not bad either
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not that I'm complaining about the amount of snow in Tignes this year, but last year I got caught out with no snow in another French resort so decided next year I'll go to Colorado for guaranteed snow. So I go on the 8th Feb. As of today no snow! (well, poor snow conditions anyway) Unbelieveable. I only managed Xmas in Tignes so far this year. It was good though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bar shaker,
Quote:

I will be bringing some new snow with me

You as well! Forecast seems to have moved back a day or so but looks like snow through the weekend. Another great week in prospect Laughing Laughing Laughing .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After nearly 2 weeks of beautifull clear skies and wonderful sunshine we are back to this seasons norm with steady snow Very Happy About 5 cm overnight with lots more forecast for later today and especially tonight.

This snowfall is probably more dangerous than lots of the other falls we have had as the avalanche risk has been raised from 1, yesterday, to 2, this morning and 3 this afternoon. Thankfully not too much wind this morning so the lifts & connections to Val D should open on time.

5 cm of new snow on good firm pistes should make for some great easy skiing this morning Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, thanks for the update Stewart. Nice to see my order has been delivered on time wink .

See you some time tomorrow Madeye-Smiley .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GeorgeVII, agreed - timing could not be better ....

stewart woodward, any thoughts on whether there is going to be enough to cause disruption on transferring up on saturday afternoon? crystal ball stuff I know ....

bring it on snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
doogo wrote:

stewart woodward, any thoughts on whether there is going to be enough to cause disruption on transferring up on saturday afternoon? crystal ball stuff I know ....

Roads are all open at the moment so should be no problem.

Loads of snow once again yesterday/overnight Very Happy The sun is just peeping through the clouds and the pistueres are blasting away to make things safe. Should be another awesome day Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
About six inches of fresh in Boisses and woken by the snow ploughs digging out the road. Clouds now clearing for what should be an epic day.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the updates - arriving tomorrow, last time in Tignes was 2008 with my son, this time with 8 seasoned skiers, are we looking toward to it? you bet we are.

Counting down the seconds let along the hours.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lots of new snow - 30 to 40cm. Still windy, and limited lifts open. It was alittle bit sunny with some blue sky earlier, but by the time the lifts opened (about 10am) it was back to cloud / blowing snow and poor viz. Its snowing again now .

Pisteurs were practicing evacs from the Aeroski in lac Madeye-Smiley

Downhill from Austria looks interesting - awesome Couche!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Afer much badgering, I'm going to try to post a semi-regular English version of the local avalanche forecast here:

http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/tarentaise_avalanche_forecast.htm
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can any one tell me if the Val Claret car park is now fully open

Cheers
ski holidays
redrunmarcus wrote:
Can any one tell me if the Val Claret car park is now fully open

Cheers

Sorry I didnt get over there today to look. If it is open it is unlikely to be so for long. The next two days look to be bringing quite a bit of snow.
ski holidays
Looks like the normal transfer day snowfall Smile

Just texted my daughter to give her the good news Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Superb conditions at the moment out here. Cloudless bluebird sky today and not too cold.

Skied Sache this morning and it was in superb nick as was the "face" yesterday. Still a fair bit of untracked snow to be found off piste as well.

Fresh stuff forecast for the weekend.........what's not to like Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Any pictures to hand guys?
latest report
bar shaker, Thanks was there yesterday and 1/2 was open which was fine for me-took some clients up to ski for the day
latest report
Pleasantly good visibility yesterday despite a slightly gloomy forecast - 10cm of fresh fluff off piste with a bit more in gullies & hollows. Cold though - but only a 'warm-up' for the temps predicted end of week!!
latest report
just back from a great week in Tignes - weather was perfect - couple of clear days and nice top up of snow overnight during the week as well. GeorgeVII, had fun down Sache on Friday - though i did take the right down arcosses so didn't see the bottom bit - had lot of fun on Double M - great run as well as much of Val D territory - snow is in super shape. Only downer (apart from leaving) was getting stuck in the Funicular up from La Daille which was a little frightening (2 sudden stops and jolts, accompanied by some loud idiots recanting the accident details from Kaprun funicular a couple of years back .... grrrrr Evil or Very Mad .... my missus was not best amused .....)

.... now to see if there is any chance to get a second trip before end of season Sad
latest report
We'll be staying in Val D'Isere for the week from 11th March. It's the week the X Games are on. Does anyone know if there'll be transport laid on to get punters back from Tignes to Val D'Isere after the night events? Really want to experience the whole thing. Also, should we get tickets for X Games before we go or get them there.

The T.O. doesn't have any information on it.
snow report
Staying in Tignes Le Lac for a week, arrived yesterday. A pretty good first day on the slopes cruising blues and reds around Tignes and Brevieres. Snow in very good condition, but the light was flat for much of the day. Been snowing lightly for the last hour.
snow conditions
I got back last night from 11 days at Les Melezes. Have had some great days and didn't have a single day that I didn't get out. Mornings were often best with light snow falling on many afternoons.

Yesterday was one of the best days and we went over to Fornet. There was fresh powder everywhere and the viz was excellent, with the sun breaking through for most of the day. In the trip I had several solid blue bird days but yesterday was a great finish.

Why no one has been to Fornet is beyond me. It is Powder Valley at the moment.
snow conditions
bar shaker, we went over to Fornet a couple of times last week. One day was EPIC and the other was a complete waste.(could only see a few yards in front of you and meant a slow ski down to Signal trying to spot the piste markers in the gloom).

Incidentally, on the "good" day the new restaurant over there was packed inside and out. It seems to be drawing more people to the area. Still has to be one of my favourite areas of the E-K though. Cool
snow report
Nice steady snow this morning Very Happy

The great conditions keep on getting better Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
After yesterday's new snow, its looking like a perfect bluebird day - not a cloud in the sky. Should be a perfect day!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward Tignes.net says -17c this morning... Shocked . A bit chilly to say the least.

It's not exactly toastie at home either. About -5c overnight and vehicles covered in frost this morning.
snow conditions
So what is the weather like out there currently? Has intermittent light snow generally been the trend?
latest report
simplyme, It's been alright this week... properly cold, but snow is OK...

ski holidays
offpisteskiing, nice photos - gutted to be back at office desk, having enjoyed an excellent week out there last week Sad
ski holidays
The cold clear weather is continuing with a very slight amount of snow yesterday afternoon and last night. Not really enough to make a great difference but the pistes are in a great condition so there is no need to worry about any new snow.

The forecast for the beginning of next week is clear and cold so all you guys coming for half terms holidays should have a good time. Be sure to checkout the events programme for next week as there are lots of FREE events during the week. The events vary from ice skating, sumo wrestling to some free music concerts in Val Claret.
snow conditions
Cable car has reopened. The incident was probably caused by the anti-icing scraper derailing the main pulleys
ski holidays
Another slight covering of snow overnight.

This weeks forecast is for bright sunny days but still very cold so wrap up you kids. The pistes are in excellent condition and whilst the off piste is well skied there are still good pitches to ski if you know where to look wink
snow conditions
Another slight dusting of snow overnight and snowing at the moment Very Happy

The pistes are in excellent condition and the off piste is ok, if you don't expect knee deep powder rolling eyes The temperatures are still low but if you follow the sun it is not too bad.
The resort is suprisingly quiet for a half term week although everbody is expecting next week to be busier when the Parisian holidays start.
snow report
Today marks the end of the first week of school holidays and we have an interesting week. Sunny weather at the beginning of the week, 25 cm of snow mid week and bright clear skies this morning should lead to lots of happy campers Very Happy
As reported on another thread the resort is busy but suprisingly not crowded. My main observation is that there are not as many snowboarders as normal Puzzled Maybe this will change next week when the Parisian holidays start.

Next week looks like more of the same with snow and sunshine forecast for the beginning of the week.

The bad news of the week was that Rorie had his skis stolen from inside the Alpaka. The Alpaka clients are mainly Brits so we are checking the CCTV to see if anyone knows the tealeaf.
ski holidays
Glad to hear theRe is still snow due, been watching the forecasts and seems to be changing dramatically between websites and also days snow expected. Wasn't meant to be anything next week a few days ago. Def like the blue sky days and hoping more fresh powder rolls in during the week! Argh. Cant wait to get out there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Well, we are ready for the Parisians rolling eyes Mono Boards rolling eyes Jeans & Gaiters rolling eyes and lots of out of control skiing. But will there be an influx of boarders Puzzled Where have they all gone Puzzled

The pistes were fantastic yesterday with hardly anyone about Very Happy but today will no doubt be different. The conditions couldn't really be better with fantastic pistes and the off piste getting regular 'top ups' to keep everyone happy. Little Angel The snow cannons were working Friday night/Saturday morning to top up those busy areas and ensure they have good cover.

Looks like it will be very warm and sunny towards the end of the week so ensure you have the sun tan cream.
snow conditions
stewart woodward, Watch out Stewart. Missy Gapski should be back in town tonight! She will be glad to see some sunshine & warmer weather after freezing our butts off in Italy.

Bummer to hear about Rories skis.....thieving gits Evil or Very Mad

Trying to sort out another weeks sking and will probably return when Claires course is over. see ya Soon. G.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy