Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some very nice skiing with a few drills thrown in ;)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tom (instructor) had us try something like those dolphin kicks in the introduction to mogul class on the EoSB. He demonstrated beautifully down a gentle slope and we then hopped along behind looking more like hobbled bunny rabbits than dolphins. However it did make me realise the extent of the extra movement/dynamism ideally used to cope with bumps, and that I err, was nowhere near it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

more like hobbled bunny rabbits than dolphins

Laughing I can relate to that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum,
Quote:

livetoski, Envy!! Laughing

Nope the word I had in mind was "dancing" or "dance"

I always think that good skiers are performing a dance with the mountain, they move in rhythm to the slope that they are skiing, almost like its their dance partner rolling eyes

OK "inner skiing" BS over for now Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski wrote:
OK "inner skiing" BS over for now Laughing
That's not BS, that's what we should all aspire to. Call it flow, fluidity, dancing, whatever, but that's the feeling we should be looking for. Skiing with the mountain, not battling against it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd have said "flow" but then I've skimmed a couple of training manuals.

So one for the instructors - if you had a pupil who had good flow but say was self or old school taught and lacked a couple of elements of technical precision would you look to coach those in, even if in the short term it disrupted flow, or would the greater good be to leave the flow? Or does it remain a purely hypothetical question? I'm thinking of say someone who say lifts off on the inner ski tail in short turns rather than a bog seat blue run bomber.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, if it was a stylistic 'fault' which the client didn't care about then why bother with it? If it's a bigger technical issue it's likely to affect their flow, even if that only becomes significant in challenging conditions. I'd explain that to the client and let them decide if they wanted to work on it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was going to say rhythm.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That video makes me want to go for more lessons to aspire to be that good
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy